2022 Most Reached For

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Ok fellow VASers what was the top vape(s) in your hand the most in 2022? After your honeymoon with new purchases what was the device(s) you chose the most? Why?

This year saw the purchase of several portables by me. I only purchased one new plug in vape in this last year. I've had the new one for only a few weeks so it is not possible for it to claim the "Most Reached For" crown this year. It is a good one so maybe 2023?

For plug in vapes this year is a repeat of last year for me. My Most Reached For plug in vape this year was the DC Elev8R(Coil Driven Elev8R) I got from Scott over @VGOODIEZ

20221004-114015.jpg

This vape heats up for me in about 5 minutes. I love the taste and density of vapor this provides. I never combust with device. My only complaint would be I always wish it were ready right now. I have no patience.

Seemed to be the year of portables for me. I purchased and tried several. Runners up one and two were definitely the Tiny Might 2 and the Angus. Both really nice vapes I have recommended to others.

The portable winner for me was an easy choice the Thermal Accumulator from @phattpiggie.

20220820-063701.jpg
20220818-064352.jpg
2022-11-27-05-41-34-4-Ask-FC-FC-Vaporizer-Review-Forum.png

I was able to receive a prototype during the summer. This has been out on my bench and used every day since. I like something I can use quickly but I also like thick vapor. I've had a hard time getting both in one package. The runners up I mentioned before are an example of very good devices that can achieve those two goals. Thermal Accumulator is able to be heated in about 30-60 seconds with a torch or Induction Heater (my fav). The vapor can be light and flavorful or very dense depending on your heat time. You can combust with this one if not paying attention. It is forgiving though and after a handful of uses its easy to figure out where you want to be with heat time. I like to ride the line just a little before we slip over into the danger zone. If I heat too much I simply wait 15 or 20 seconds longer to hit it or make my draw slow. This fits all of my dynavap stems which gives lots of vehicles to choose from. My current favorite to use are a WPAs because I like to use bongs and jhooks. This thing hits me so hard that I have to make rules for myself about how many maximum loads I will do in a session. This vape has caused me to fall asleep at my desk more than once.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For convenience, especially in the car, the OG Mighty. I fill up the loading accessory (or an 8 pack of caps), head out and get 6 to 8 hassle-free bowls. The road warrior, yeah, it gets reached for on the way out the door!

For tasty, easy big rips, a Splinter V2 with a dimpled stem or j-hook on a tcr mod.

For shear pleasure, the Tafee Bowle. A quality of vapor that I'll just call "well conditioned". Open draw that I seek, very good flavor and a special something imparted by the stem I just ❤️.

Outdoor long sessions with the wife, the MiniVap (wpa and jhook) has been a winner. Convection flavor that just goes on and on...

Runners-up, but not slouches and still in the rotation, are the Hopper io's and a V3 Pro.

The shear proliferation of cannabis and many, many great vapes tend to mean to me we are in a Cannabis Golden Age, or at least a Dank one (Green seems to be already taken...)

True confession, I've been vaping bud for about 8-9 years now and have yet to purchase or try any desktop, or gas powered vape. At 71 yrs, I'm no longer looking for the heaviest hit I can get my hands on...and while I'm aware I'm missing something, I'm okay with it given the options I do have!

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Couchlog has definitely topped my list of most used desktops this year, although musa V2 has seen near daily use since i picked it up and alpha+ dog isnt too far behind. For portables, the Timber Elite has been my go to this year, i just really enjoy the clean, powerful vapor and funky design. Still, i try to use all my vapes as much as I can and try to work them all into the rotation when possible.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My most used vape in 2022 continued to be the Core erig since I mostly vape concentrates. So easy to use with cool, flavorful hits. I still haven't upgraded to the Core 2 yet because my OG is still going strong, but I have upgraded to better glass and the V5 heater.

For flower it would be my relatively new TM2. Love it. It is a marvel to behold and I've been using flower more often lately because of it.

I don't run a desktop these days because there are too many kids running around the house.

Last edited:

Texus

Reach test? Angus (with dimpled cooling stem for a FW7 and unground nugs, though loading XL amounts to WPA with stock screen replaced by a pressed fit one is also excellent). All the convenience and ease of use as the Mighty with the great flavor and extraction a halogen vape can achieve. Plus a steal at $200.

Prior to that, I'd have likely said Anvil. And recently arrived Thermal Accumulator will likely become a contender.

No desktops, you say? Tend to split my time pretty equally between B0/B2, Halo and Herborizer. But reaching for them less often since Angus arrived.

And for lighter, flavorchasing hits, Vapman with Station. Underdogs and E-Nano XL get some good use too. But prob half as many combined as Vapman.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I love this thread tradition. Great answers all. Shows how we are all pretty different. Some folks are way out there. :-)

I've put the most miles on my CouchLog this year by far. I use it most days and it's just about perfect for me. However, since I got my Atlas in September it comes out most evenings.

Most-reached-for-portable is still the Tinymight, for the second year running.

Most reached for glass is the Prophet, with a runner up for my GVB j-hook.

fropones

I've probably been using dynavaps by far the most. Besides for those, my B0, FW7 with MVS stem, Vapbong, Volcano, and UD SC3+ are used most. Also, A late contender could be the OWW Micro v4, since I've been using it a ton since I got it a few months ago.

For the Dynavap, I have a decent selection of stems/tips, but lately my favorite combo is Joe King Turbo with a Simrell intercooler, titanium tip and DDave Omega Blaster cap. Took a lot of very high fiddling around to land there :lol:

I've mostly been using my VHB Carbon IH, but just got the YLL heater and have been enjoying it so far.

coolbreeze

I'm sure I've used Dynavaps (and Vapmans) most, but I started off the year with the Hot Rod as my new vape and really used it a lot. Took it down when I set up my B0, then added a Couch Log, an Element Table vape, then a Vapman station, now a Z8 (and a few others). Finally set the Hot Rod back up and have been using that a lot again. All of those are top-notch and get plenty of use, but the Hot Rod is sooo easy.

Edit: Since I got the station the Vapman has become a solid daily driver. It's currently leading the reach test, I guess!

Last edited:

Kaaotic

I started out using a Davinci Miqro, then got a 50% off code for an Air Vape Legacy Pro so got that and have been using it for the last week and a half and it is a phenomenal unit. I had been looking at the Dynavap B for a few months and finally decided to get one. OMG I am in LOVE! I haven't touched the AVLP for the last few days. I love the AVLP don't get me wrong but the B uses less bud and I get huge flavor and great AVB with a single torch. My next purchase will the the Ispire Wand.

attackpoints

At the start of this year, I would have guessed the TM1 would be my most reached for. But I've got a couple of new vapes since then that have bumped the TM to the back of the line.

Overall, I'd say that the Tetra P80 has been my most reached for. Excellent through water, and great dry. Really like the form factor, even if it is a bit heavy for a portable.

Then, in just a couple weeks, the couchlog has quickly become a favorite. I can easily say now that that's going to have a spot in my weekly usage going forward, without a doubt.

I just received a heat island that I'm getting to know and am anticipating a toad and a halo at some point. So no predictions right now for "most reached for" 2023.

It's been a great year for vaping all in all. For once I'm not super tempted by VAS. Let's hope it stays that way 😁

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I'm lucky, I can't afford to have VAS, lol. I'm on fixed income and have to tackle a ton of house repairs in the next coming year :doh:, before I could even think about a new "anything". IF I was buying in 2022, it would def have been the Tiny Might/TM2, and maybe an E-Nano XL, and one of those new fangled injector style ball vapes or whatever you'd call them.

My Vapexhale evos(2) have been the clear choice the past year, but I like to mix in the MiniVap and Taffe Bowlee, to avoid any tolerance/boredness. I don't think I am missing out much on flavor or heavy hitted-ness, with that trifecta compared to all the new vapes out there. I prefer primarily flower only in my medicating these days, but break out my enail setup here and there to enjoy some rosin. For bubble hash(not 5 or 6 star) I use the Bowlee most often; insane flavor, not-so-great battery life lol. I also have a never-used/new, Lotus Vape that I'm afraid to use because you can't get the parts that wear out anymore, so I am hesitant to use it, fall in love, then not be able to replace the consumable parts lol.

Abridged version---No new gear this past year unfortunately, I am relatively content with my current lineup, but doesn't mean I wouldn't get a new vape or two if better economic situation came to light.

Top Bottom