¿Dry herb or rosin?

atragantrao

Hi all! Which is best for relaxing and not coughing when vaporizing? Dry herb or rosin? I've tried both and I think Rosin is best not to caugh all time, what do you think? :cool::cool:

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Rosin is smoother with the right temperature but flower can be almost as smooth with the correct setup (a flowerpot and water filtration for example) and it gives a full spectrum. For me the effects of flower are greater than the effects of rosin.

atragantrao

Rosin is smoother with the right temperature but flower can be almost as smooth with the correct setup (a flowerpot and water filtration for example) and it gives a full spectrum. For me the effects of flower are greater than the effects of rosin.
Oh wow! You know a lot bro!! :D I've used rosin with pax3 only and I liked the taste, I have to try water filtration!!

atragantrao,

atragantrao

Dry herb all the way. Rosin bags are made of nylon and if theyre anything like teabags, they literally release billions of microplastics and nanoplastics per use.
Rosin bags? :uhoh::uhoh: I buy pure rosin, no bag bro. It's like resin and I love it but in summer they don't sell because it melts :brow:

atragantrao,

shredder

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/tea-bags-plastic-study-mcgill-1.5295662

It's got me curious ... thanks @AcidFlashbang for bringing this up ... definitely worth some discussion. I've posted about it in the Rosin Extraction thread ...

Interesting, but im not sure how much we can extrapolate to rosin. Enough I guess to keep my pressing under 210F. Hopefully the shorter time a rosin bag is heated, compared to tea, will make a difference. Mesh size might make a difference too. Now we need some testing on our rosin, until then ill keep my pressing temps low.

AcidFlashbang

Interesting, but im not sure how much we can extrapolate to rosin. Enough I guess to keep my pressing under 210F. Hopefully the shorter time a rosin bag is heated, compared to tea, will make a difference. Mesh size might make a difference too. Now we need some testing on our rosin, until then ill keep my pressing temps low.
Keep in mind that while temps should be lower while pressing rosin, the mechanical stress from the pressure might offset that. Further research is required but I got into vaping for harm reduction so I choose to stick with what's definitely not releasing tons of microplastics.

AcidFlashbang,

Zkittles

Dry herb over rosin all day. I'm assuming you live somewhere without proper access to concentrates ?

Zkittles,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
You could press rosin without using bags.

I started doing this more as I only press around 3-4g at a time. I can then use the squished puck later for an alcohol extraction.

As far as herb vs rosin. Two different experiences based on my mood. Love them both. I will say that my Dynavap WITH the use of an induction heater, brought me back to flower again after a long hiatus. That experience made me love the flavor of vaping flower all over again. But I still love my rosin.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I started doing this more as I only press around 3-4g at a time. I can then use the squished puck later for an alcohol extraction.

As far as herb vs rosin. Two different experiences based on my mood. Love them both. I will say that my Dynavap WITH the use of an induction heater, brought me back to flower again after a long hiatus. That experience made me love the flavor of vaping flower all over again. But I still love my rosin.

Most of my small test presses end up bag-less as well.

Flower and rosin can both taste fantastic, but I tend to feel like I might get a more cannabinoid rich extraction when vaping rosin at low temps, then I get when vaping flower at low temps. I believe this is a combination of a few different factors.

1. By filtering out plant material that has an affinity to char and burn, the lines between what's considered "low temp vaping" are changed. Flavors are perceived better as they arent competing with roasted plant compounds.

2. By pre-processing the plant material, (and assuming we're dabbing) you're directly heating the cannabinoids via conduction for more efficient decarboxylation and vaporization; for a broader spectrum of actives at a fixed temperature, with none of the insulative buffer like vaping herbs with convection.

MinnBobber

MinnBobber,
Reactions: JCat

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

No offense but I get confused when someone experienced like yourself talks about enjoying vapcaps for flavor. Do you not use any on demand convection vapes?

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread. I don't own a press and haven't tried rosin.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

New to rosin, but CBD rosin seems to allow bigger effects with less throat and lung irritation.
The exception being my flower is 100% consistent, always great.

Rosin via a VapCap + Portside Mini can be great but can be off tasting. Starting to dial back to 1 second after click.

Will a quartz banger type be noticeably better than VCap with Ti concentrate insert?

MinnBobber

I would say yes. But a torched banger isnt going to be as consistent as one hooked to an enail coil so keep that in mind.

How true. Did a torch banger a few times and that was wildly inconsistent.... woulda got better with practice but not for me.

Have an enail banger setup but I know my wife will think it is some kind of drug lab setup .....

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
No offense but I get confused when someone experienced like yourself talks about enjoying vapcaps for flavor. Do you not use any on demand convection vapes?

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread. I don't own a press and haven't tried rosin.

Compared to my other vapes, only the vapcap gives me a flavor that is a combination of terp profile with an almost caramel toast flavor. The combination is incredible and unique to my vapcap. It was hard to get it right with a torch, but the uniform heating of the IH brings out the best in it. I love the hits through vapes like my enano also, but they are just different. Maybe it's in my head and it seems to be only with flower.

When it comes to rosin, I find most of my vapes have a similar flavor.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: bossman

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Rosin is best in an enail for me, meh in all my herb orientated vapes...wasted in them compared to a dab on the Halo or ruby insert.:2c:
Love herb in my WoodScents all day too, knocks the edge off after too many racy dabs jitters.:tup:

Top Bottom