Discontinued Zion vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Are you a GSC man? Just got some again finally and it is so lovely for any time of day, all day... Must be even better right at the source

Early pre orders have begun shipping, there are about 50 or so to be built and sent out over the next few months (there's a progress update posted on the website and somewhere here), there are 150 more up for grabs now (minus 10 or 13 already?) for the rest of the first production run to be completed before the summer asofnow, and the more that are sold in advance the more extra freebies each one will ship with (giveaway details also on the website). Eventually things will kick into high gear soon after that as plans are in place, right now it still the (not so humble?) beginnings but 2016 should be a big year for RastaBuddhaTao, as a smaller simpler model will also be developed and released as soon as possible
Is there a PLASTIC or COMPOSITE material instead of wood?

ataxian,
When does the ZION launch?
It's in the wild, it has launched... it's just preorders still, so if you meant when does it become an order today, ship today affair, that is as of yet unknown.

The strain I have a lot of I can vape regardless of the time of day?
The Zion has been tested running 1/8-1/4 of material daily for weeks. My personal one only sees a few grams a day, but it's a very portable desktop unit -- It may not be as easy to hide as a wax pen, but it certainly delivers good clouds and taste and fits in the glovebox or cupholder for commuting.

Do you think the crew at ZION hates CALIFORNIANS?
I'm a Califoreighner in another state, and we're exporting another Z-team member to LA, so at least some of the BETArds are Pro-Cali. GSC and OGs (Like Wiz, Mike Tyson, Michael Phelps) are my absolute favorites; I miss the west coast.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there a PLASTIC or COMPOSITE material instead of wood?

@thekarmawhore actually has a Nylon 3D printed prototype beta he mentioned only a few posts ago, but no all other units including production use a nice block of Maple. Only other airpath materials are glass steel and mica, would you really want any plastics messing with this natural purity?! :p

Do you think the crew at ZION hates CALIFORNIANS?

You must have added that after I replied! Of course not my man, as Rag just mentioned I am actually set to join you on the West (too soon for me to start saying Best?) Coast this spring!!!

Of course I am merely a paid customer turned beta tester, but I can assure you RBT has been very supportive of my move! Even if it wouldve been cool to be up in NY near him, CA is where I probably belong...

Can't wait to experience all the sun sea and herbs with (two) Zion by my side! :razz:

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Would love the power of the Zion in my hands, but it holds the same problem for me as the Mighty, and that's the lack of stealthiness. Where one wrong turn could potentially get me arrested, I need absolute stealth.
THIS though...THIS beast, will be on my radar for years to come if I don't crash and buy one.

I think one of the bigger issues for me is the requirement of stirring, which is something very difficult to do while driving or in public. Thoughts on this?

thekarmawhore

Usage-wise, it's stealthier than you might think. Looks just like someone drinking from a cup with a straw for casual glances. At least until the giant rip cloud shoots out your ears har har! Even then, people are blowing huge clouds with their ecig mods anyway.

But seriously, it can be used at lower temps with little cloudage if so desired. And the need to stir seems to be a matter of preference.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, there is nothing very stealthy about a vape the size of a soda can. If you need stealth the Zion isn't ideal. The next unit, however, the SBU or single battery unit, will be smaller and pocketable, and use the same heater. That may well be what you are looking for. That has us all excited to have this tech in a smaller package. :cool:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I think if I saw someone ripping a Zion in public, I would just run over and hug em and walk away.
Think they'd pick up on it? hahaha
ZionBruddahhh!
I rarely see vapes out in the wild. Seen a Davincii being ripped once, hahaha.

How consistency is the temp with the Zion?
My Nano has near flawless consistency...and if I were to get a Zion I would probably sell the Nano if it could hold up to the consistency.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think if I saw someone ripping a Zion in public, I would just run over and hug em and walk away.
ZionBruddahhh!

My Nano has near flawless consistency...and if I were to get a Zion I would probably sell the Nano if it could hold up to the consistency.
It's not my place to say as we all have different needs and CANNABIS has a different meaning for most of us.

Stealth for me means nothing?
I vape at home. Could be a generation issue?

WOOD? Why is WOOD part of the CANNABIS culture?

Their is a lot of unknown's I guess?

Do you really think a Wooden Vaporizer will have value?

Function or ART?

To make CANNABIS legal everywhere let's make it affordable for all!

Shit Snacks

Would love the power of the Zion in my hands, but it holds the same problem for me as the Mighty, and that's the lack of stealthiness. Where one wrong turn could potentially get me arrested, I need absolute stealth.
THIS though...THIS beast, will be on my radar for years to come if I don't crash and buy one.

I think one of the bigger issues for me is the requirement of stirring, which is something very difficult to do while driving or in public. Thoughts on this?

Yeah, sounds like the small single battery unit will be for you, but it is raw max temp off the battery, no power knob to regulate like Zion but same heater and glass.

Yes the need to stir has been discussed many times here, and it is simply not a need but a choice! Many variables but it is possible to vape bowls without stirring very easily with most of them and still get a very even golden brown avb (perfect for the car)

ZionBruddahhh!

Haha yeah vapes in the wild is an exciting thing to behold, like seeing them on a TV show (as long as its not a Pax!:p), its growing though

But yeah, the power knob corresponds to temps beautifully and intuitively, many of us enjoy temp stepping or riding low on the dial to preserve taste and light avb, or you can crank it up and take it near black if you so desire. You just have to learn the technique involved with the power knob and trigger (plus stem, screens, herbs, grind, pack...) and you can vape however you want basically, as many of the new users are quickly learning! - - - V E R S A T I L E - - -

@ataxian a wooden vape is both! Functional Art, like a nice glass piece, has an organic feel to match the herbs, the best of both worlds!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I respectably disagree!

We need to make vaporizing affordable for everyone.
Let's not use material's that increase labor and cost!

Bars are legal?

Fair enough!

Though wood can potentially be quicker to work with and cheaper than other models, definitely, but yeah even the metal vaporizers tend to cost more than the cheaper plastic models, but some mass produced plastic models are actually the most expensive vapes of all!

Perhaps the single battery unit will be better for you then as well (but i still think you'd live the bigger brother!), but back when I pre ordered the price was only $150, it slowly rose over time and maybe some day it will be able to go back down, if there is enough demand to ensure a steady mass production of course...

But seems the small single battery unit is destined for that lower cost category while the Zion may remain the more premium priced and fully featured flagship model, mobile desktop

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@ataxian How about 'sustainable'? As a planet we have an ever increasing pile of toxic shit we are constantly trying to hide under the ground or out at sea.
Wood for me means non toxic waste and less production costs compared to most other materials.
I agree on the cost thing for the mass appeal. However I don't think that devices should be churned out just to end up in land fill for the sake of expanding the market.
Each to his own at the end of the day.

killick

But I like it!
So I'm sitting here in a medical office, hanging out with Baby, cause the wife is gone with the car for awhile. I don't have a pocket big enough, so it looks like I've been browsing end cuts at the local lumber yard, but smokier (vapier?). If I had a jacket that was appropriate for the shower outside of have been fine, but no. I had to be Mr cool is his plaid Canadian Rockies evening wear ;)

Stirring - when I draw hard on high I can get a darker ring in the centre of the bowl. The stuff on the edges is dark, but not as dark. I only stir if I feel capable, which is seldom ;)

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
NO WAY @ataxian!
The only material I'd rather have than wood, is, EXOTIC wood!

The maple that RBT has been using looks great to me, and although I'd love to see limited production runs of unusual materials, I'd not want RBT to switch to metal, and definitely not plastic :puke: (sorry to all those with plastic vapes - this is me too - INH 05).

I get the impression that the materials used with the Ziontech heater aren't likely to matter too much as far as health is concerned, but the wood/glass combo just looks so good to me that I'd be deeply unhappy with anything else now :cry:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
NO WAY @ataxian!
The only material I'd rather have than wood, is, EXOTIC wood!

The maple that RBT has been using looks great to me, and although I'd love to see limited production runs of unusual materials, I'd not want RBT to switch to metal, and definitely not plastic :puke: (sorry to all those with plastic vapes - this is me too - INH 05).

I get the impression that the materials used with the Ziontech heater aren't likely to matter too much as far as health is concerned, but the wood/glass combo just looks so good to me that I'd be deeply unhappy with anything else now :cry:
I don't like the taste of wood and I don't like the cost given to a device with unnecessary material!

I don't think we are talking about the same plastic?
COMPOSITES there are so many new materials.
Easy to process and lower in cost.

@phattpiggie let's cut down a tree instead?

Last edited:
@killick I get a dark spot on the side, how funny that our hot spots are in different locations?

Last night I was like "Oh shit, I done gone and 'busted..." only to find that I had not combusted, I'd *almost* scorched part of the load... coffee color and no gross smell. That was at 90% at the full 5 second preheat and a good 25-30 second inhale. Impressive clouds.

Shit Snacks

I don't like the taste of wood and I don't like the cost given to a device with unnecessary material!

I don't think we are talking about the same plastic?
COMPOSITES there are so many new materials.
Easy to process and lower in cost.

@phattpiggie let's cut down a tree instead?

Ha again fair enough!

E-Nano is also wood with steel and glass though? This is like E-Nano meets Solo

Sorry if I'm only stirring the pot of :worms: so last thing I'll say on the matter (maybe somebody should probably hold me to that?!):

There may be a slight mapley profile in a freshly made unit, but it gets broken in fast (better than having to break in any plastics imo, but yes there are fully safe ones ofcourse) and is fairly negligible imo, as herbs still shine through.

In fact, for what it's worth, in the subjective matter of taste, the Zion tastes at least as good as my Firefly and Elevape (two purely metal convection vapes, some glass in FF too). In my experience, the Zion is actually better at maintaining the flavors for longer with its power knob set lower, whereas both FF and ESV taste amazing for the first hit or two but degrade as areas become over cooked... So its worlds better than the glass metal plastic Solo too, which is constantly cooking with conduction. Each of these vapes are what I'd consider "taste makers" compared to many other options :2c:

Tree Hugging tread?

CANNABIS is the GRAIL!

How huge are your tree's?

:rofl: love this!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ha again fair enough!

E-Nano is also wood with steel and glass though? This is like E-Nano meets Solo

Sorry if I'm only stirring the pot of :worms: so last thing I'll say on the matter (maybe somebody should probably hold me to that?!):

There may be a slight mapley profile in a freshly made unit, but it gets broken in fast (better than having to break in any plastics imo, but yes there are fully safe ones ofcourse) and is fairly negligible imo, as herbs still shine through.

In fact, for what it's worth, in the subjective matter of taste, the Zion tastes at least as good as my Firefly and Elevape (two purely metal convection vapes, some glass in FF too). In my experience, the Zion is actually better at maintaining the flavors for longer with its power knob set lower, whereas both FF and ESV taste amazing for the first hit or two but degrade as areas become over cooked... So its worlds better than the glass metal plastic Solo too, which is constantly cooking with conduction. Each of these vapes are what I'd consider "taste makers" compared to many other options :2c:

:rofl: love this!
@Shit Snacks as you know I'm just messing!

I will get a ZION when available?

I use my SOLO the most however I use a PHVES configuration.
Each year I try a new portable but I always use my SOLO.

I wish I could just smoke joints however the taste isn't as wonderful as vaporizing!
While gardening one must have a portable strapped to his waist.

Time to try again!

Top Bottom