Discontinued Zion vaporizer

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Morning all :)

Yeah if you're not stirring the Hammer you likely won't be stirring your Zion. It's as needed based on individual preference

^^^Just to pick this one up again . . . Yep I think that you've got it totally right there @Shit Snacks :nod:

It's completely personal preference, just like how high you take your voltage, and also how evenly vaped you want your abv.

I can certainly get to my own personal level of satisfactorily, and evenly shaded abv without stirring . . . . and sometimes I am perfectly happy with that. But also, I quite often like to stir my load just once half way through it. In doing this I know that it will more than likely produce an even more uniform, and usually for me, darker roast. I do take my abv fairly dark, but I realise that many may prefer to go a shade or two lighter - and these lighter shades can certainly be achieved very easily imo without any stirring whatsoever.

But rest assured, if there are any goodies left in your material, there is no where for them run, and there is no where for them to hide once Zion comes looking for them!

RBT Zion - The Equalizer of the vape world!

Equalizer_EdwardWoodward.JPG

Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer!

:cool:

Have a great week you lovely lot!

MuchLove.
:peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

^^^Just to pick this one up again . . . Yep I think that you've got it totally right there @Shit Snacks :nod:

It's completely personal preference, just like how high you take your voltage, and also how evenly vaped you want your abv.

I can certainly get to my own personal level of satisfactorily, and evenly shaded abv without stirring . . . . and sometimes I am perfectly happy with that. But also, I quite often like to stir my load just once half way through it. In doing this I know that it will more than likely produce an even more uniform, and usually for me, darker roast. I do take my abv fairly dark, but I realise that many may prefer to go a shade or two lighter - and these lighter shades can certainly be achieved very easily imo without any stirring whatsoever.

But rest assured, if there are any goodies left in your material, there is no where for them run, and there is no where for them to hide once Zion comes looking for them!

MuchLove.

Haha yes, Zion is indeed the herbal equalizer...

But no love for Denzel, Veg? :p:rolleyes:

Tommy10

MuchLove.

Awesome! I also like to darken my herbs! With the hammer I notice a slight colour variance from front of the load to the back after the first couple hits. However after that it's usually just a matter of getting a bit more heat through it and the difference is usually so minimal I don't bother stirring. Sounds like the Zion will be similar if not better.

Tommy10

Anyone able to compare the Zion directly with the hammer?
The hammer is the closest thing to my vas killer, but few issues. The hammer runs far too hot to the touch compared to retained heat. I like to do back to back stems sometimes when just chilling around, sometimes 15+ stems over a couple movies. Plus the heat up time is pretty shitty if you like to run hot

The outside of the hammer gets absolutely too hot during these sessions and off gassing can be seen from the back side rubber.
The herbalaire is well served for these times when I want to pack up a lot and chill, but I find instead of 15 s hammer loads I might load 3 or 4 HA bowls which is considerably more weed. (My consumption has skyrocket since using it, telling me I simply shouldn't own large bowls!) also while I love the herbalaire for new found reason since I bought it, but an absolute cloud blower it is not!

I'd like a cloud Evo but I could not be trusted with its expensive and breakable parts. I just know it would end in tears.

So these are my current top 3 vapes (the Evo being a hyperothetical of course) and I still think this wooden block has it over them for me. Heats faster than the hammer, is regulated, cooler to the touch and the stem sitting vertical like a solo is a big plus for me.
HA-they are obviously very different but much smaller bowl and I'm keen to test bag efficency on this thing one day.
It is much much much cheaper than the Evo, will be much more reliable one would assume, and much more durable, as well as portable!
An Evo vs zion cloud comparison would be nice if anyone has tried both?

Edit: in fairness to the hammer, in conduction made it Is a very quick vaporbonging cloud chaser and this does keep it much cooler. However obviously if I could get similar heat up times one being convection one being conduction, it's an easy choice.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Anyone able to compare the Zion directly with the hammer?
The hammer is the closest thing to my vas killer, but few issues. The hammer runs far too hot to the touch compared to retained heat. I like to do back to back stems sometimes when just chilling around, sometimes 15+ stems over a couple movies. Plus the heat up time is pretty shitty if you like to run hot

The outside of the hammer gets absolutely too hot during these sessions and off gassing can be seen from the back side rubber.
The herbalaire is well served for these times when I want to pack up a lot and chill, but I find instead of 15 s hammer loads I might load 3 or 4 HA bowls which is considerably more weed. (My consumption has skyrocket since using it, telling me I simply shouldn't own large bowls!) also while I love the herbalaire for new found reason since I bought it, but an absolute cloud blower it is not!

I'd like a cloud Evo but I could not be trusted with its expensive and breakable parts. I just know it would end in tears.

So these are my current top 3 vapes (the Evo being a hyperothetical of course) and I still think this wooden block has it over them for me. Heats faster than the hammer, is regulated, cooler to the touch and the stem sitting vertical like a solo is a big plus for me.
HA-they are obviously very different but much smaller bowl and I'm keen to test bag efficency on this thing one day.
It is much much much cheaper than the Evo, will be much more reliable one would assume, and much more durable, as well as portable!
An Evo vs zion cloud comparison would be nice if anyone has tried both?

Edit: in fairness to the hammer, in conduction made it Is a very quick vaporbonging cloud chaser and this does keep it much cooler. However obviously if I could get similar heat up times one being convection one being conduction, it's an easy choice.

You pretty much covered it, I only used it once, Hammers a fine powerful versatile torch vape, but Zion's got it beat imo (I couldn't hit Hammer without smelling the butane, much much longer heat up, among other shortcomings we found)

Tommy10

You pretty much covered it, I only used it once, Hammers a fine powerful versatile torch vape, but Zion's got it beat imo (I couldn't hit Hammer without smelling the butane, much much longer heat up, among other shortcomings we found)

Yes and with my old bong the hammer was close to the face and the butane would sting the eyes! Loving my conduction hammer bong set up, but from what I see the Zion has improved on its flaws.
How does the regulator work on this, will it make combustion impossible?

Only issue I see with the Zion, is the batteries. Never ran a vape where I needed to keep up removable batteries. Any chance of override plug power as an option?

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey @Tommy10 - my beta version Zion (FC#5/10) certainly has the power to combust - and out of the beta testers I believe I have probably had the most experience with that particular outcome (especially during the 'getting to know you' period) - as it has rarely been mentioned by anyone else.

And I still do push it too hard every so often :evil: but as my loads are pretty small and the cleaning required to refresh the unit is just a soapy hot water wash of the stem at the kitchen sink - I can cope. After all, the ability to combust is a given potential consequence when you're wielding this much raw power in the palm of your hand :brow:

There is no nannying going on with this vaporizer - there is power at your fingertips which is most likely beyond your needs, and the Zion puts you in full control. Now that's the way (aha aha) I like it :nod:

There are no current plans to provide mains operation, and work is currently underway on the first run of production units so there will certainly not be any major changes to this regard in the very near future . . . . . . . however the idea has been discussed by RBT & the beta team, so you never really know what could happen further down the road (to Zion) . . . . ;)

I understand that you have never run a vape with removable batteries but seriously, this vaporizer's performance with batteries is, imo, unlike any other.

Have you ever used rechargeable batteries for anything? Even if you haven't, it's really very simple & due to the Zions outstanding performance you may not need to charge them as often as you think.

Have you seen my battery stress test results a few pages back? I can't quite remember exactly how many, but in my own useage style I think I achieved 15+ loads on a single charge.

I currently have three pairs of batteries in rotation but for a few months I only had two pairs - yet I never had a time when my Zion wasn't ready.

The Zion is a marathon runner! :tup:

Howzat?

:)

Peace y'all

Tommy10

What "flaws" do you mean?

The ones mentioned above heat time, retained heat and such.

@VegNVape

I see I see. I guess the ability to combust kind of goes with the territory when you're running so much heat through the herb.
I found with the bong the easiest method (being taste and temperature don't really come into it through water) for me is to just keep the power on and adjust my draw speed based on the chamber milkyness. I have a general idea how milky the chamber can get before burning. Gets too milky draw quicker, if it is looking a little whispy slow her down. I have tried using this set up in the dark, and it's not that great. In that case I prefer to vape bong with the HA. Although it doesn't take much like to be able to see what you're doing. I'm thinking there should at least be more marging for error with the Zion vs hammer with bud loaded directly into the heater?

Also, have used similar batteries for scope mounted hunting spotlights, and a few other things. Battery management ain't my strong point, but if I can get a few hours per charge and keep a few in rotation I'll be happy.

Obviously I need a zion in my life battery's or not, this much I know.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Tommy10 the number of stems @VegNVape got from one charge was 18, post 2364, which at an average of 4 hits a stem is great battery life.
Battery management should become second nature once you have your Zion.
If you do run a lot of back to back stems you should never encounter any 'off gassing' as its an all wood body and the air path is completely separate.
I would be interested if any of the beta team have noticed any smell of wood when doing long sessions?
I don't see this as a problem for myself as I never really do any extended sessions and I am sure Zion fart would be much more pleasant than the ones produced by a robot.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I see I see. I guess the ability to combust kind of goes with the territory when you're running so much heat through the herb.
I found with the bong the easiest method (being taste and temperature don't really come into it through water) for me is to just keep the power on and adjust my draw speed based on the chamber milkyness. I have a general idea how milky the chamber can get before burning. Gets too milky draw quicker, if it is looking a little whispy slow her down. I have tried using this set up in the dark, and it's not that great. In that case I prefer to vape bong with the HA. Although it doesn't take much like to be able to see what you're doing. I'm thinking there should at least be more marging for error with the Zion vs hammer with bud loaded directly into the heater?

Also, have used similar batteries for scope mounted hunting spotlights, and a few other things. Battery management ain't my strong point, but if I can get a few hours per charge and keep a few in rotation I'll be happy.
Well dude, to me it sounds like, (from what you have described as some of your experiences with vaporizing so far) that you will have little trouble getting the Zion to perform in whatever manner that you wish.

And as others have already said - the Zion is an extremely adaptable vaporizer that can suit many styles of vaping, and I think it therefore has the potential to meet the numerous needs of all kinds of types of user.

Obviously I need a zion in my life battery's or not, this much I know.
I think you might be right bud :tup:
And if you're not (z)i(o)n already, then theres really no better time to jump onboard - what with the whole lifetime warranty offer only running for the month of September . . . .
All Zion's purchased this month will be covered by the lifetime warranty. Initially we want as many FC customers as possible. Let's just say we are stacking the deck out of the gate. Thanks for the support FC!
Not long left now y'all!

Oh, & y'know, I think I forgot to say . . . GOOD MORNING! :wave:
Q05sgLF.jpg

Morning Johnny. Lovin' the tash btw! :cool:

:D

Have a wickedly good day folks!

Love2All.

Tommy10

Cheers guys, realllly sold me now. 18 stems a charge! Wow! 4 hits a stem sounds like the hammer but I only get around 5-8 from a tank!

I will jump on board asap just got to hear back about international shipping :)

Another issue being with the conversion rate zion 4 batts and a charger puts me around $500aud and I can pick up an Evo $600 locally new. However $600 + 500 = $1100 when I buy an Evo and still eventually need a zion. Where as I think I just might be able to get a Zion and shelve the Evo idea for a while... Bit to think about!

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I would be interested if any of the beta team have noticed any smell of wood when doing a long sessions?
I don't see this as a problem for myself as I never really do any extended sessions and I am sure Zion fart would be much more pleasant than the ones produced by a robot.

My prototype is 3d printed nylon AND the hottest of the fleet and not once have I ever got even the faintest whiff of hot plastic smell.

Nope me either. As TKdub say's - not even the faintest whiff - and that has been after many back2back sessions for myself.

The ONLY time anything such as this has happened was during some accidental extreme stress testing that someone, ahem (me), unwittingly carried out. This was basically an extremely extended initial burn-off with no air-flow and the Zionometer set to overdrive for what I'm pretty sure was over 5 minutes!

Needless to say, Zion being Zion, it tried to vaporize itself . . . and then some.

TBH it's absolutely amazing that Johnny is as sprightly as he is after what I put him through! :evil:

But after the initial scare and once the scorched wood smell dissipated everything seemed to be alright. Not a mark in sight.

At least, Johnny soon shrugged it off and got down to business.

That's my boy :D

I must stress to everyone however, that you must NEVER, EVER treat your Zion in this manner. Around a 15 SECOND MAXIMUM preheat can be applied to your load if desired, but you may well find that this will not be required in most situations.

In general, the rule should be that if you've got the fire button pressed, you probably need to be hitting it :tup:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
@Tommy10, pick up some ceramic discs for the HA. That will make the chamber far more efficient with consumption.

On topic though, super glad I picked this unit up right around the leading edge where orders seemed to pick up dramatically. Hopefully I am Zioning by Halloween!! Haven't honestly been anticipating something since:

Planescape-torment-box.jpg

Came out.... a long long long time ago.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@thekarmawhore and @VegNVape thanks for that info. I am sure one of the Beta team would have jumped on it if they smelt any kind of gas.
I know from having a shed full of wood blanks that the smell can be strong but always pleasant.
V&V you should consider yours to be akin to an oak barrel used to hold a fine alcohol as they are all scorched before use.:)
Testament to the strength of RBT's bullet proof technology, run it over, put it under a faucet, bang it in an oven, run it at full bore no draw for 5 minutes and the performance is still there.
Once again come on October. TOD and UnRS time can't come quick enough. Maybe we will hear about the reg'd single soonish.

gtvck

I too would like to know how this thing stacks up to the cloud evo in terms of cloud production.

gtvck,

Shit Snacks

I too would like to know how this thing stacks up to the cloud evo in terms of cloud production.

It had been discussed by a few of our beta team members earlier, they preferred Zion. But again, best to just wait for production unit feedback for full information imo

@Tommy10 battery life truly is phenomenal, a pair should last a day and then some for most heavy users, and eventually a drop in pass through will be developed to turn Zion into an actual desktop as well...

However regarding international shipping, Zion is actually now limited to US only, while the manual units can be sent internationally... Sorry about that, early on intl orders were taken but they could be a headache to get out so no more for now unfortunately...

But water use is simple, unlike Hammer you can spin the Zion during a hit to help avoid a hotspot, which can happen with a massive hit through a bubbler. In that setting, I can kill a decent bowl in 2 hits if I want to even. Combustion is certainly possible, and more likely in that setting than dry imo, but if your lower on the dial it really is next to impossible, some charring maybe if you dont stir or its a tight pack, but never combusted in mine once, not even my combuster friends, its fairly intuitive in use really and they all love it.

The dial regulates the voltage heating up the heater, essentially adjusting the rate at which the 50 watts of power heats up the massive steel surface, so it keeps climbing in temp as long as button is pressed. The dial does work very well as a temp step guide in my experience as well, but you never want to preheat without drawing longer than 10 seconds maximum, and you dont want to hold the trigger for longer than 30 seconds total for a hit, nor should you ever need to on the final production units (their range is 20% hotter than ours, so more like @DieHard's Loki actually... looking forward to his take on that aspect).

Mine did have a faint Mapley wood taste at first, broke in nicely and gives the vape some signature character like a Daisy/Lily or other wooden vapes often have. On extended burn offs, like @VegNVape mentioned, you can scorch the wood as the heater gets excessively hot being an open loop device, and see/smell smoke so you should never do that (however I was easily able to burn off a buddy's drool once with several 25sec or so burn off sessions at max/overdrive, smelled like damp wood and quickly healed back to normal like new status).

Again things can change, these are guidelines from the beta units. This is still manual pure convection, so many variables, but Zion can easily be tamed with the voltage knob as a regulator, along with airflow and trigger pattern (preheat), and herbs/pack, its an organic learning process but it is something you need to get a feel for, which is easy to do imo...

Hell this is a good a time as any to tell you all that I am helping RBT write the Zion manual, and we will be sure to cover all this with detailed instructions to be included with the production Zions... More to come as always
:whoa::whoa::whoa::brow: :tup:

Last edited:

HD Springer

So because of my own stupidity I've been forced to knock the dust off my old portables and well….…the lack of power. As in battery longevity and all around heater power. Damn I'm really upset with myself that I've wasted as much $ as I have in the portable vaporizer scene. I've bought at least 7 maybe 8 different units. ALL of them that have tried to design or have designed their own specific battery has had issues. Major issues. Very fucking embarrassing to hand a buddy a $300 beautiful stylish vaporizer and a second into his hit the dredded red light appears. Over and over time and time again.
18650. You pick the manufacturer of said battery. And @VegNVape proved through his hell of a vaping testing type day showed what these battery's and this RBT technology is capable of. Results I would love to see others try to match. I'm growing to appreciate this Zion even more. With out having one in hand. I'm thinking of making a road trip to reunite with my good friend TOD. We had some epic times together. See we beta testers are feeling the same anxiousness the rest of the family is. Kind of weird but I do feel like a kid around thanksgiving time trying to wait till Christmas. Oh the great party's and awesome story's we shall all share soon. Very soon.
Keep that nose to your router table RBT and you will reach that pot-o-golden sticky-icky at the end of your rainbow.

Tommy10

I do love my hammer, gives good clouds with relative ease and I do I enjoy the form factor. Looks to me the Zion will do bigger clouds, with more ease and look sexier!!
Okay one last annoying question, anyone with a cloud this is what I can't wrap my head around. With the cloud, am I paying for performance harder hitting then the Zion? Or similar/smaller clouds but all the technical bells and whistles that I don't greatly care for?
Or with the Zion am I paying for amazing performance relative to the size or can I fully expect cloud Evo clouds out of this thing?

Basically cloud vs Zion purely on cloud blowing ability, which wins? All things considered.

Fission

So are ISO joints actually unusable in the Zion? the long gongs that I ordered from DHgate turned out to be ISO instead of US. I know I've heard that if the glass joint is too long that it hits the heater screen. Does it actually prevent an airtight seal from forming? I guess it was a gamble buying these without being able to know what size they are.

Fission,
Top Bottom