Zeal and Ω

Zozimus

Does anyone know if the coil I have in my cannabis hardware Flowerpot B1 would work well with the Omega? I know it’s a 20mm but it doesn’t have the depth that the one Cloud connoisseur stocks.

Zozimus,
Reactions: btka

Pcloudy

I would like to see something like an insert made for bigger coils that this can rest in. Almost like the sic insert for the dab ready. That way you would never have to worry about scratches from the coil6
Cool if someone made a big induction coil heater for this …now we’re talking
Well now I need one to try out with the inductor

TangibleHangnail

Building a setup from scratch with Omega. Do you recommend 3mm or 4mm rubies? And where can I find a 6-turn 20mm coil like the one in the Zeal kits?

TangibleHangnail,
Reactions: btka

Bababouy

@TangibleHangnail He sells the kits with 3mm balls. I run one with 3mm rubies and the other with 3mm Zirc. I would think 4mm would give you a more open airflow but function similarly.

As for the coil I have not been able to locate anything identical. The closest I have seen is also currently out of stock and appears to be 5 wrap. I have a stretched 4 wrap I use on my SS Zeal that I plan on using for wireless when my Omega gets here Saturday. My thought is if I can’t get the performance needed I will utilize my CC coil but I try to avoid opening and closing the Zirc head repeatedly to preserve the threads.

onesixty2

I've been using a 4 wrap CH coil since the Zeal released.. I run the zirc at 360 and the SS at 400-420. I really do not think there is significant concern over the wraps having 100% coverage or not, I've not really had an issue with mine. I seem to be running lower temperatures than most, and it's with a stretched 4 wrap. I too have been waiting for 710coils to actually restock the extra long.. as I originally thought that would arrive before the Zeal did.. happy to say I won't need to wait for that restock anymore. (all temps on DC pid, Auber is roughly 60-80 higher)

Last edited:

Casualt

I've been using a 4 wrap CH coil since the Zeal released.. I run the zirc at 360 and the SS at 400-420. I really do not think there is significant concern over the wraps having 100% coverage or not, I've not really had an issue with mine. I seem to be running lower temperatures than most, and it's with a stretched 4 wrap. I too have been waiting for 710coils to actually restock the extra long.. as I originally thought that would arrive before the Zeal did.. happy to say I won't need to wait for that restock anymore. (all temps on DC pid, Auber is roughly 60-80 higher)
Good to know bro. I think most of us have the 4 wraps. Are you able to provide a picture of yours stretched? Thanks!

Casualt,

onesixty2

I’d recommend checking back in the thread if you want to see pictures. Tons of people have posted them to this thread and majority of the zeal users are probably using a 4 wrap considering 710coils has never been stocked in the extra wraps even months before zeal released. Basically if you’re waiting for an extra wrap coil before jumping in.. there’s no reason. Another wrap isn’t going to make or break how the zeal performs.

Casualt

I’d recommend checking back in the thread if you want to see pictures. Tons of people have posted them to this thread and majority of the zeal users are probably using a 4 wrap considering 710coils has never been stocked in the extra wraps since months before zeal released.

Yah you’re right I’m mostly interested with it and the omega my bad I’ll look for those pics.

Casualt,

onesixty2

Ahh yeah omegas are just releasing this week, no worries!

I’ll still be using my stretched 4 wrap I’m sure :) might form an extra coil specific for it, but I’ll be able to comment more on how the omega fits looking like this Saturday or Friday.

Bababouy

I have to say I have been amazed at the SS performance with the stretched 4 wrap. I’m running it around 505-510 and getting a nice dark AVB. The Zirc is around 455 with the larger coil getting similar if not slightly darker results.

I’ll post some pictures of everything once the Omega arrives Saturday.

EarthworldTim

Wow. Zeal mania is spreading to Reddit. The Vaporents sub has been clinically diagnosed with Zeal fever.

Word of mouth is spreading and this kit is taking off!
Not surprising and well deserved especially considering value.

I've been so pleased with my zirc zeal I had no intention of getting the omega but the allure of wireless was too much. I guess this is just the process for me with CC products now, decide I won't get it because unnecessary and then change my mind and order. Didn't hurt that it gave me an excuse to finally get some Dfreez handles.

Bababouy

Looks like my Omega is on track to get here before Saturday, just hit my local distribution center.

Question to other Zirc Zeal owners:

I recently tried a glass bowl with the head I had not before but found that it locked up pretty tightly to the inside of the head to the point it would not budge without cool down. Has anyone else experienced this? If so have you found a solution to prevent it? My thought has been to put a thick high temp o ring above the handle.

The seal definitely gave a few exceptionally effective extractions but I do not want the break the bowl or more importantly the head.

Bababouy,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I recently tried a glass bowl with the head I had not before but found that it locked up pretty tightly to the inside of the head to the point it would not budge without cool down. Has anyone else experienced this? If so have you found a solution to prevent it? My thought has been to put a thick high temp o ring above the handle
I have not had this happen. What bowl was it?

olivianewtonjohn

Looks like my Omega is on track to get here before Saturday, just hit my local distribution center.

Question to other Zirc Zeal owners:

I recently tried a glass bowl with the head I had not before but found that it locked up pretty tightly to the inside of the head to the point it would not budge without cool down. Has anyone else experienced this? If so have you found a solution to prevent it? My thought has been to put a thick high temp o ring above the handle.

The seal definitely gave a few exceptionally effective extractions but I do not want the break the bowl or more importantly the head.

When its cool, does it fit around the glass? When its hot it should expand and give even more space

olivianewtonjohn,

Bababouy

Wild. I just have the one CC zeal bowl and it not a right fit like that. Sounds like a good seal though.
The seal is great and I do feel it yields an exceptionally effective extraction (maybe a head thing) just leaves me hesitant because it can get pretty solidly locked in.
When it’s cool, does it fit around the glass? When its hot it should expand and give even more space
I will check in the morning when cool. Haven’t tried it cool in a week or so.

Bababouy,

Bababouy

Apologies for the double post.

The Omega has arrived and is getting burnt off with the diffuser head currently. I’m using my Ed’s CH handle currently. I was going to use my Dfreez handle but due to the threading being super glued in I am apprehensive to do so because of the high temp for burn off. Will try swapping them out once the burn in is complete. I think I may want a longer chunkier handle to give myself some space from the head.

I’m curious to see what people come up with in terms of coil mounting. I’m concerned about getting it secured so that there’s no chance of dropping. My mind is already rolling but I will be running to the hardware store later for ideas. Looking forward to trying wireless later today!

As for the stuck Zirc head the bowl is tight hot or cold. Just need to mark it so I don’t use it with that head.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Apologies for the double post.

The Omega has arrived and is getting burnt off with the diffuser head currently. I’m using my Ed’s CH handle currently. I was going to use my Dfreez handle but due to the threading being super glued in I am apprehensive to do so because of the high temp for burn off. Will try swapping them out once the burn in is complete. I think I may want a longer chunkier handle to give myself some space from the head.

I’m curious to see what people come up with in terms of coil mounting. I’m concerned about getting it secured so that there’s no chance of dropping. My mind is already rolling but I will be running to the hardware store later for ideas. Looking forward to trying wireless later today!

As for the stuck Zirc head the bowl is tight hot or cold. Just need to mark it so I don’t use it with that head.
Let’s get the bowl replaced. Shoot me a message, it must have a little lip on the glass bowls top.

I didn’t know Dfreez was glueing his handles I thought he went more along the lines of Ed where it was screwed in. Mine is pressure fit sleeve over shovelhead handle.

Bababouy

This one did not come with the normal “sleeve” thing you see on the end of his handles and was thrown in as a freebie. It was friction fit but I kept having issues with it slipping so I went ahead and glued it in. I glued it not DFreez just to clarify. Works fine for a bowl handle but the heat may be too much here.

I have noticed the Ed’s handle sweating some black sap type residue but I’m not worried about it like the other one where I could smell the glue. I’ve got it turned down to 540 now waiting for after work🤤.

I’ll shoot you a DM about the Bowl.

So excited to have the new drop down and catchers we well! USPS hooked it all up two days early.

Edit: clarifying that the handle was glued by me not the maker. I do not have any purchases handles so I can not speak to their manufacturing .

Last edited:

FlimsyKnuckle

I've been so pleased with my zirc zeal I had no intention of getting the omega but the allure of wireless was too much. I guess this is just the process for me with CC products now, decide I won't get it because unnecessary and then change my mind and order.
Yup. Same.

And thanks for being my guinea pig and testing the Zirc and Omega for me! 😂

I doubt I need a cordless head. I really like setting the Zeal on the shovelhead at low temps and having a nice session. I don’t think a cordless head will do my favorite party trick as well.

But that Zirc… it is very tempting.

Top Bottom