Zeal and Ω

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Whats the smallest amount you can use to get satisfying vapor?
This is a great question. I'm traveling right now and away from my Zeal, so I can't weigh anything. But I've got a lot of great hits from just covering the screen in the shovelhead. I think you could even do less, but I would lower the temps and slow my draw even more just to make sure.

Bababouy

Using a half scoop from a CH pax tool into my micro diffuser bowl I’ve been getting satisfying hits when I don’t need anything too crazy. It’s supposed to be ~.05g but my scale isn’t super accurate that small so I do not have scale weights.

I would highly recommend the tool if you are looking for smaller doses. During the week I find myself using it more than my Old Head scoop.

I agreed with @Grass Yes about getting good hits covering the screen in a SH bowl. I feel like I get better hits with that quantity a micro bowl where the heat is more directed to a smaller space.

olivianewtonjohn

Using a half scoop from a CH pax tool into my micro diffuser bowl I’ve been getting satisfying hits when I don’t need anything too crazy. It’s supposed to be ~.05g but my scale isn’t super accurate that small so I do not have scale weights.

I would highly recommend the tool if you are looking for smaller doses. During the week I find myself using it more than my Old Head scoop.

I agreed with @Grass Yes about getting good hits covering the screen in a SH bowl. I feel like I get better hits with that quantity a micro bowl where the heat is more directed to a smaller space.
Micro diffuser bowl?

Bababouy

Dfreez Designs makes a bc diffuser micro bowl. It’s perfect for 22mm diffusers but I’ve also used it with injectors just fine. I like it during the week since a full shovelhead at a time is a bit too much at a time. I posted a link a couple weeks back in this thread.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Finished QC 💪 Orders are going out and working on restocking tomorrow later in the evening ❤️ will be emailing people who wanted to kit out zr02. Upgrading SS to zr02. Then restocking this way I know my stock is accurate and don’t run into issues.

olivianewtonjohn

Finished QC 💪 Orders are going out and working on restocking tomorrow later in the evening ❤️ will be emailing people who wanted to kit out zr02. Upgrading SS to zr02. Then restocking this way I know my stock is accurate and don’t run into issues.
Excellent news, please don't forget about me 🙏

Dfreez Designs makes a bc diffuser micro bowl. It’s perfect for 22mm diffusers but I’ve also used it with injectors just fine. I like it during the week since a full shovelhead at a time is a bit too much at a time. I posted a link a couple weeks back in this thread.
This seems right up my alleyway except for it being wood. Why worry about materials (SS, zerconia, ti) to then use wood downstream? And the second thing, while probably safe, years ago I remember discussion about heat+wood being potentially bad - AFAIK this is why some vapes like the enano use larger diameter metal shell around the wood to insulate the heat from the wood.

Am I a weirdo? Wait dont answer that :lol:

Last edited:
Just copped the SS. Bowl recommendations?
Don't like wood, had a bad experience with glass honeycomb like filters w the elev8r, the shovelhead is where I'm leaning but a glass bowl made for only metal screens (no glass screen/filter) would be nice

JohnnyApplebees,
Reactions: seedy53

Madtater

Just copped the SS. Bowl recommendations?
Don't like wood, had a bad experience with glass honeycomb like filters w the elev8r, the shovelhead is where I'm leaning but a glass bowl made for only metal screens (no glass screen/filter) would be nice
I have the glass bowl that IDB has, and i also have the shovelhead bowl.

I like the shovelhead bowl personally, but the glass one IDB has is nice too. There is a temp dropoff when placing the zeal on the SH, but everyone should be heat soaking their sesh for like 15 seconds anyway with the CH. I didnt get the temp dropoff with the glass as i do with the SH…..and i feel like the glass tasted a tiny bit better, but the extraction of the SH was much better.

Both are good though.

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
PIDs are here tomorrow and bowls are cutting it close for the weekend here. As promised here is a private link for international order listing orders only to add zirc Zeal to their order. I pulled the housing listings very quick to make sure we could accommodate as best as possible.
If you used this link you please reach out.(this was the only place I posted it) There was an order that failed to log the info/receive payment but shows the attempt. I would hate to send an SS out when they were trying for zr02 especially if international.

Darth Gram Gram

After some extensive usage, Shovelhead is my favorite zeal experience, then Ed’s mango wood diffuser bowl, CC glass bowl, then CH glass bowl.
Is this due to the added conductive heating?

I am thinking about upgrading my main setup from a Dynavap + homemade IH to a ball vape or equivalent log vape. I just need to do more research and saving up. Trying to keep it at $200ish max.

Darth Gram Gram,
Reactions: seedy53

onesixty2

Is this due to the added conductive heating?
Eh, not really. You’re still pulling heat through the pull as convection, and I’m not at all convinced 30 seconds of a soak changes how the vapor forms. Tbh its purely a form and function consideration to me. Shovelhead is a big, wide bowl. I can pack way more into it than anything else, and it is always an easy even roast without stirring. I like the ecosystem of it, and it just perfectly fits with the zeal.

Being able to house my zeal and shovelhead and all my tools / abv catch all on one heat post island matters a lot to my setup. And while that isn’t unique to CH stuff or the shovelhead.. it does just perfectly fit with what I have so it’s always my go to pick for a zeal session.

Last edited:
After some extensive usage, Shovelhead is my favorite zeal experience, then Ed’s mango wood diffuser bowl, CC glass bowl, then CH glass bowl.
would you say you agree with others about the taste of glass vs metal bowls?

Also does anyone use 4mm balls? I have a lot but am wondering how much the zeal fits

JohnnyApplebees,
Reactions: Grass Yes

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Next week 👀
I don’t have the handles for the rings yet. Thinking about doing a sale and knock a good chunk off for initial drop and not having the handle (it fits Ed’s and Dfreez handles for shovelhead bowls 10-24 threads)
Retail with handles when received is going to be right below $100 if the handles I have picked work out well.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Next week 👀
I don’t have the handles for the rings yet. Thinking about doing a sale and knock a good chunk off for initial drop and not having the handle (it fits Ed’s and Dfreez handles for shovelhead bowls 10-24 threads)
Retail with handles when received is going to be right below $100 if the handles I have picked work out well.
This is awesome! So the initial kit is pieces for 14, 18, and 22mm? For some reason I thought the modules would be separately purchased. But I was planning get all 3 anyway lol.

onesixty2

Next week 👀
I'm ready! Already picked up a beautiful burl & acrylic handle from DFreez this week.. :D

would you say you agree with others about the taste of glass vs metal bowls?
I would say I don't flavor chase, I run a PID temp that is a full single hit extraction and leaves the material a dark brown, it isn't going to taste different in a shovelhead vs a glass bowl. Flavor is all subjective though, and as my last post mentioned form and function are what I seek out moreso.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Working on getting every ones tracking for remaining a kits and housings today whose orders are in fulfillment just left to add housings and add ons to the kits. Later tonight around 8 pm central putting up the remaining kits a few zirc a few SS. Got more kits in production and will start the next string of preorders for those who would like to reserve kits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom