Your favourite session vape (stoned feeling)

Petetbay

I read on Arizers website that their devices are 75% convection and 25% conduction. That irritated me, as many people seem to put them more into the conduction side, effect wise. What is your experience so far?
Mainly conduction maybe 5-10% convection, I get more convection by keeping the stem off the bottom of the bowl, higher you raise it the more convection and less conduction. What they say on their site doesn’t make sense only that a lot of vape users are looking for convection lately. Roffu and V3Pro both mainly convection and need long draws, sipping don’t work. They are both favorites of mine as I like convection. I have no experience with the Pax or Davinci vapes, my understanding are conduction session vapes. The Mighty is a good session vape and is a hybrid, but I feel is a overpriced, plasticity with integrated battery. The Air Max is the best of the Arizers, I got a good price, but are not too expensive, I like to sometimes do long drawn out sessions, I also like the Solo 2 and Argo, all very similar.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I am much more looking for a slow session and a sipper. Got a very low tolerance. Would you still prefer the IQ2 over the Solo2?
Yes, at least for my use case the IQ2 is much more portable and tastes better with my current strain. It is harder to clean (mostly because all you have to clean with the solo is the stem you used) but it’s much easier to pocket and I personally like the auto temp stepping feature.

The main benefit of the solo is the glass air path and the MUCH larger battery.

Solo 2
and a WPA
and a bubbler for home usage :)
Seconding the wpa, arizers are very harsh to me at high temps. Probably would recommend the air max over the solo since it’s a bit smaller and has a newer heater.

Terpentino

Quentin
Yes, at least for my use case the IQ2 is much more portable and tastes better with my current strain.
The main benefit of the solo is the glass air path and the MUCH larger battery.
Trying to get my lungs on both testing them out. Heard about the incredible battery life of Solo2.
Before recharging, for how many sessions does the battery in the IQ2 last?

Terpentino,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Mainly conduction maybe 5-10% convection, I get more convection by keeping the stem off the bottom of the bowl, higher you raise it the more convection and less conduction.
Huh, that’d make sense why I view mine like a conduction vape, I always seat the stem as far down as it’ll go!

Trying to get my lungs on both testing them out. Heard about the incredible battery life of Solo2.
Before recharging, for how many sessions does the battery in the IQ2 last?
I usually recharge mine every session or 2 since my Firewoods need to be 80-100% for best results and I haven’t unlearned that habit. When I did my initial burnoffs though I got 4 sessions of roughly room temperature to max temperature before the battery read 50%, and most of what I’ve read indicates that you’ll get 7-8 8 minute sessions per charge (more if you do 2 sessions back to back, less if you are always heating from cold to max)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What are super low temp settings for you?
In the beginning i only extracted at around 5 with the TM. But effects got way to psychedelic for me. Even after one puff. Now i am usually on 7,5 to 8 and it's a bit more body heavy. I like that more.

Oh yeah that was you, I start much lower, and I temp step, turning up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit... If I start around 5, then it is just a one hitter bowl (so I'm probably would be doing it in session mode through water so I can turn it off and clear fully) Anyway you could control this by the strains you are using and other factors, how you grind and load, but if you need to use the high temp extraction effects then that would also affect how you would want to use those other variables...

Still far from the heavy body effects that a dynavap is offering me with the same strain.

Body effects are more important to me than vapor quality. Roffu, Arizer or V3 offering more body related effects than TM/TP80?

All right yeah so with the DV you are getting a lot of conduction hybrid effects, which does get you the stony body feeling often easier, although temp settings are still going to play a factor along with the other variables mentioned above... Probably don't want roffu or v3p then but maybe healthy rips could be better? Not so sure about arizer ultimately

I work outside and travel a lot.

I am much more looking for a slow session and a sipper. Got a very low tolerance. Would you still prefer the IQ2 over the Solo2?

It's a shame it's probably too big, but minivap can do a nice slow session sipping though convection... I'm not sure if the IQ2 would do exactly what you want but I think using those upper temps it probably could better than solo really? If you maximize the conduction in the solo though it could be better I suppose or at least to find choice... I still think firewood could be a good way to go then with a fine grind type back to maximize the conduction?

Jojofernz

I recommend the $160 POTV Lobo. It’s almost taken over as my go-to vape, especially at home through a bong, had it about a month now.

And I think it’s still got a 100-day satisfaction guarantee. So if you don’t like it you get your full money back.

Battery driven, replaceable batteries, a decent ecosystem of glass accessories, and with dosing capsules is super easy to clean and maintain.

Petetbay

HR Rogue is one I forgot about, it’s a good session Vape, it is convection, but does good low temps and once you get to around 365F it does very good vapor output with short pulls, I like it more than my mighty. People sensitive to silicone/plastics have problems with the taste, I must be immune, but it does caps good and was my hash vape for a long time. It has a large integrated battery and they changed to a magnetic mp and a updated screen/grommet reducing the silicone effect, with glass output path. I returned my Lobo which I bought to replace my Rogue because has replaceable battery, but found the performance lacking even though the device itself is an excellent design. Rouge has a 20% off coupon right now.

Last edited:

Jojofernz

HR Rogue is one I forgot about, it’s a good session Vape, it is convection, but does good low temps and once you get to around 365F it does very good vapor output with short pulls, I like it more than my mighty. People sensitive to silicone/plastics have problems with the taste, I must be immune, but it does caps good and was my hash vape for a long time. It has a large integrated battery and they changed to a magnetic mp and a updated screen/grommet reducing the silicone effect, with glass output path. I returned my Lobo which I bought to replace my Rogue because has replaceable battery, but found the performance lacking even though the device itself is an excellent design. Rouge has a 20% off coupon right now.
I will second the rogue, it was my first ever battery vape, almost two years now and it still rocks.

However I do prefer the Lobo, but this last week I pulled the Rogue back out and it was as effective as ever.

For me, I think the Lobo has better flavor and feels much better/lighter in the hand. As well being able to swap out batteries on the go. But the Rogue has a bit more open airflow and I do like the feature of turning the screen around.

Rogue has become my backup if someone else is using the Lobo and I want something easier than my Dynavaps.

But both great session options.

Finessseee

Arizer Air SE is $89. M
I recommend the $160 POTV Lobo. It’s almost taken over as my go-to vape, especially at home through a bong, had it about a month now.

And I think it’s still got a 100-day satisfaction guarantee. So if you don’t like it you get your full money back.

Battery driven, replaceable batteries, a decent ecosystem of glass accessories, and with dosing capsules is super easy to clean and maintain.
Do you using dosing caps
I will second the rogue, it was my first ever battery vape, almost two years now and it still rocks.

However I do prefer the Lobo, but this last week I pulled the Rogue back out and it was as effective as ever.

For me, I think the Lobo has better flavor and feels much better/lighter in the hand. As well being able to swap out batteries on the go. But the Rogue has a bit more open airflow and I do like the feature of turning the screen around.

Rogue has become my backup if someone else is using the Lobo and I want something easier than my Dynavaps.

But both great session options.
How do you compare the Lobo vs Dynavap? Do you prefer one over the other? Can the Lobo compete with the Dynavap through a water piece?

Finessseee,

Durbandream

Arizer Air Max. I have a TM2 and switch to the Air Max to get exactly that heavy, stoned feeling and to lazily sip on it for ten minutes or so. The vapor has a nice cool wetness to it and it tastes great.

EverythingsHazy

E-Nano + Big Bong = smooth, huge vapor clouds, with great flavor

It's a convection vape, but that doesn't make it any less powerful. If you want more convection effects, you can always let the GonG heat up for a while, but be careful to not touch it and get a serious burn.

EverythingsHazy,

budski

cantre member
Angus is my kick back session sipper, over the AVLP and TM2, 2 back to back 5 min sessions in the easychair out of a cap if I'm only sipping,.gotta get it hot 1st.
It has a more relaxed feel, the caps add a bit of conduction, the flavor is great even though there's some plastic in the cooling unit, avoidable with the WPA.
I got the beaded mouthpiece and put boro beads in the CU, keeps it as cool as my AVLP now, but restricts the draw more.
ps also works great with whole nuggs

Last edited:
budski,
Reactions: Petetbay

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Angus is my kick back session sipper, over the AVLP and TM2, 2 back to back 5 min sessions in the easychair out of a cap if I'm only sipping,.gotta get it hot 1st.
It has a more relaxed feel, the caps add a bit of conduction, the flavor is great even though there's some plastic in the cooling unit, avoidable with the WPA.
I got the beaded mouthpiece and put boro beads in the CU, keeps it as cool as my AVLP now, but restricts the draw more.
ps also works great with whole nuggs
Nice. It's nice to have a ripper and a sipper for those laid back sessions.

I used my IQ2 yesterday for a nice 5min session and really enjoyed the slow, conduction heavy signature as it's very different than my convection devices. Still loving the 0.5g big bowl since I can get two back-to-back sessions out of one loading.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Petetbay

Jojofernz

Arizer Air SE is $89. M

Do you using dosing caps

How do you compare the Lobo vs Dynavap? Do you prefer one over the other? Can the Lobo compete with the Dynavap through a water piece?
Yes I use dosing capsules! Mainly without the screen.

As for Dynavap vs Lobo through water or even native is a pretty hard comparison to make as the experiences are pretty different. Lobo being a session vape, even with the WPA, I will share several decent hits with my fiancé on a bowl. Whereas with a Dynavap, we maybe get one or two hits per Dynavap cap. But those hits are much cloudier and hit harder.

So ultimately comes down if you want that session style sip on a bowl or just some one-two hits smack to the face.

Edit: as for preference, lately I’ve been liking the Lobo through water/glass more than Dynavaps but only if not smoking alone. If smoking alone I would hit a Dynavap before my Lobo if at home

Finessseee

Yes I use dosing capsules! Mainly without the screen.

As for Dynavap vs Lobo through water or even native is a pretty hard comparison to make as the experiences are pretty different. Lobo being a session vape, even with the WPA, I will share several decent hits with my fiancé on a bowl. Whereas with a Dynavap, we maybe get one or two hits per Dynavap cap. But those hits are much cloudier and hit harder.

So ultimately comes down if you want that session style sip on a bowl or just some one-two hits smack to the face.

Edit: as for preference, lately I’ve been liking the Lobo through water/glass more than Dynavaps but only if not smoking alone. If smoking alone I would hit a Dynavap before my Lobo if at home
Sounds like both are essential to the daily rotation. Do you use a torch or IH for your dyna? I just purchased a glass midsection with B tip and Captive Cap, but the cap won’t click.. Dynavap instantly sent out a replacement so hopefully that resolves it. Thinking I may like the torch more than IH once I get the hang of it.

Finessseee,

CANtalk

IQ2 looks like its got some great materials used. Will have a look into that.
As my tolerance is fairly low and i want to have a slow, long session, i dont want a heavy hitter. Would you say that Arizers offer more of a body type/stoned feeling or are they more on the convection side?
Dosage pods are a great option for low tolerance, and many portable vapes accommodate them, including the IQ2

And fwiw, I find the type of high to be much more associated with vaping temps than type heating

:peace: :leaf:

Jojofernz

Sounds like both are essential to the daily rotation. Do you use a torch or IH for your dyna? I just purchased a glass midsection with B tip and Captive Cap, but the cap won’t click.. Dynavap instantly sent out a replacement so hopefully that resolves it. Thinking I may like the torch more than IH once I get the hang of it.
I would agree! I use both, in rotation with a few other heavy vapes. But Lobo and Dynavap work perfectly on the go or at home, whereas some vapes I only feel comfortable hitting at home.

So nowadays I only really use IH with my Dynavaps, usually a Dynacup for on the go with my normal caps, and a wand for my armored caps or for use with a bong, but I’ll also use the wand with my normal caps.

I still have torches and have busted them out occasionally, I think there’s is a certain technique you can get down with each tip/cap to bring out the full potential of the Dynavaps power, but in my own experience and preference, IH are just so convenient, consistent, and provide the performance that I don’t care to fiddle with torches but they do have their place! Some prefer torch all day every day and I can see why, but for my lazy ass, dosing capsules and induction heaters fit my lifestyle.

Greenleaf88

I just read op didn’t read the chat but this sounds like a solo 2 not that I own one but from what I hear it’s a match.

Finessseee

MiniVap Hybrid hands down. It matches your needs perfectly
I may buy one for Black Friday.. they had sales for Halloween. I want the newer Quartz Core! It would be a suitable upgrade from Arizer Portables.

Finessseee,

aniceto

I may buy one for Black Friday.. they had sales for Halloween. I want the newer Quartz Core! It would be a suitable upgrade from Arizer Portables.

I spent over 4 years with the OG arizer solo and was unable to find a better fit despite the number of attempts. Not even the Mighty could overdo the Solo, until I finally got my hands on the MV. The MV is an Arizer Solo on steroids. It does everything the Solo does and much much more... the only complaint being size and portability, but for home use, no brainer, it's way way better.

If you are used to Arizer portables I'd definetely pick up the Hybrid version. My 2 cts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom