Yocan Cylo Wax Pen That You Must Know About

Old Stoner1958

I reaaly like the CYLO at lower temps/voltages.
I am a flavor chaser and the live sugar at 2.2V tastes so good and still get nice clouds. Crumble at 2.5V to melt then 2.2V.
I am really enjoying the CYLO and at 27.00 how can you go wrong.

twain55

How are you cleaning the coil? Its been so long since I've used anything but glass.

twain55,

Old Stoner1958

I have just been cleaning the metal parts with qtips. The ceramic stays pretty clean after a high temp burn off.
I got a 5 pack of coils for less then 15.00. They should last quite awhile.
I saw on youbube to clean with hot water but have not had to.

Old Stoner1958,
Reactions: twain55

Kaptan

I use a q-tip dipped in ISO after each session and swab the metal surrounding and the inside of the coil, then finish swabbing with the dry side. Still looks new. This thing produces thick tasty hits at 2.6 volts:science:

Kaptan,
Reactions: twain55

kokolokokolokon

I have just been cleaning the metal parts with qtips. The ceramic stays pretty clean after a high temp burn off.
I got a 5 pack of coils for less then 15.00. They should last quite awhile.
I saw on youbube to clean with hot water but have not had to.
Do you think it would be possible to vape oily hash with that coil? (I do it on the lower settings of my linx hypnos but the form factor of the chamber make it hard ti clean)

kokolokokolokon,

Old Stoner1958

I have used brick hash in a Xvape v-one 2.0 at high temps. That had quartz coils. and it cleaned up pretty good.
I havent tried the Cylo with brick hash yet. I may keep one coil just for hash use.

kokolokokolokon

I have used brick hash in a Xvape v-one 2.0 at high temps. That had quartz coils. and it cleaned up pretty good.
I havent tried the Cylo with brick hash yet. I may keep one coil just for hash use.
Oup, i find quartz rods harder to clean! Specially if you use melt. im looking for a simple cup, that’s why im interested in the cylo. But maybe the zen is enough for me

kokolokokolokon,

Manako_

Received today from Aliexpress and it disappointed me a little, it is not what I expected, basically I am referring to the chamber, the vape itself works perfectly and you can get incredible clouds but the chamber is not as I expected, it is not a smooth ceramic shiny like a puffco or a FocusV, it is like a rough and absorbent ceramic, it leaves stains from use and for now I have not noticed it but it surely ends up leaving a burnt taste from the remains, I have to try it more with flower rosin that leaves more stains when finished but it seems that it will always absorb something and consequently leave flavor, I will update later with more use

twain55

You are referring to the "coil", not the chamber. The description of the product clearly states what type of coil it uses.

twain55,

Manako_

You are referring to the "coil", not the chamber. The description of the product clearly states what type of coil it uses.
Yes, it indicates that it has a ceramic chamber but not what type, I do not blame the manufacturer, it is simply not what I expected, but it is not easy to clean as it is read everywhere, the puffco 3D camera is easy to clean since it is slippery , this is not at all, it is rough and absorbent which makes it impossible to clean completely.

biohacker

Yes, it indicates that it has a ceramic chamber but not what type, I do not blame the manufacturer, it is simply not what I expected, but it is not easy to clean as it is read everywhere, the puffco 3D camera is easy to clean since it is slippery , this is not at all, it is rough and absorbent which makes it impossible to clean completely.

What voltage are you using? Sounds like you could be using too high voltage for your product amount and/or taking it too far. I've seen every video on YT on the Cylo (all paid shills) and it looked to swab up spotlessly clean. Hopefully they use a polished glaze like Puffco, Focus V on their next iteration. Your feedback has turned me off of it.

Here's what I found on the coil/chamber from Yocan:

At the heart of the Yocan Cyclo Vaporizer is its C4-DE Plus Coil. For the uninitiated, C4-DE Pluys is a ceramic coil that was engineered to provide you the best dabbing experience thanks to improved heat retention and enhanced vapor production.

Ceramic, for those who have been dabbing for a while now, is known for its ability to hold off heat — causing the coil to facilitate a low, slow burn every time it gets fired. Now what that does is it ensures that all the active ingredients are activated since the heating process is slow. In addition, it allows the consumer to inhale vapors and not smoke (which by the way is way healthier) as the wax concentrates are not heated to the point of combustion.

So, the C4-DE Plus wax coils contribute greatly to the overall experience of the owner since it produces superior vapors as compared to other portable wax vaporizers in the segment. And combined with the aforementioned precision temperature setting, you will be able to unlock all the potential your select wax concentrates has to offer.
That said, it’s not surprising to see why a lot of Yocan’s customers are raving the Yocan Cyclo Vaporizer.

The Yocan Cyclo Coils are made with ceramic and DE materials making them the ideal heating element when consuming wax concentrates. For those who have been in the practice of dabbing, ceramic has been one of the most sought-after materials when it comes to wax vaporization. That’s because ceramic is capable of slowly and increasingly transferring heat.

By doing so, ceramic heating elements became popular as they can hit all the possible effects and extract all the possible active ingredients a wax concentrate has to offer. At the beginning, a ceramic heating element will activate the flavonoids responsible for the aromatic and flavorful characteristics of the extract. Finally, when it reaches its peak temperature profile, a ceramic heating element is able to unlock the psychoactive effects of your select wax concentrates. In between, it can allow owners to feel and enjoy the other effects your strains have to offer.

As a result, consumers are able to enjoy the full spectrum of effects in a single session.
The diatomaceous earth (DE) in the Yocan Cyclo Coils, on the other hand, aids the heat retention capabilities of the coil — therefore requiring only less power from the battery but allows better heating overall.

Last edited:
biohacker,

twain55

I use a q-tip dipped in ISO after each session and swab the metal surrounding and the inside of the coil, then finish swabbing with the dry side. Still looks new. This thing produces thick tasty hits at 2.6 volts:science:
When I tied to Q-Tip it shredded it. The coil is rough and porous so I am confused as to how you got it looking like new. After one use mine is dirty.

Found this related to the coil:
"Luckily the Yocan Zen performs reasonably well in this regard. With frequent, consistent use the C4-DE coil becomes visibly dirty after a few days of use. With heavy vaping I found the coil needs a good clean around the one week mark!"
What voltage are you using? Sounds like you could be using too high voltage for your product amount and/or taking it too far. I've seen every video on YT on the Cylo (all paid shills) and it looked to swab up spotlessly clean. Hopefully they use a polished glaze like Puffco, Focus V on their next iteration. Your feedback has turned me off of it.

Here's what I found on the coil/chamber from Yocan:

At the heart of the Yocan Cyclo Vaporizer is its C4-DE Plus Coil. For the uninitiated, C4-DE Pluys is a ceramic coil that was engineered to provide you the best dabbing experience thanks to improved heat retention and enhanced vapor production.
Where did you see video of people making it spotlessly clean? This coil is dirty after one use for me at 2.2-2.6V. Its porous so not sure how anyone can get it clean.

Found this related to the coil:
"Luckily the Yocan Zen performs reasonably well in this regard. With frequent, consistent use the C4-DE coil becomes visibly dirty after a few days of use. With heavy vaping I found the coil needs a good clean around the one week mark!"

Last edited:
twain55,

Manako_

What voltage are you using?
This vape is worthless, $40 in the trash, on the third use it already has a burnt taste and I don't go above 2.6v, I'm not doing anything wrong, if the chamber is porous it will never be able to be cleaned well, I was hoping it won't happen, but as 90% of Chinese brands, another shit, after watching videos and comments I think they have sneaked in with paid reviews, first and last time I fall for something Chinese, Now I'm going to play it safe and buy a FocusV Aeris.

Last edited:

biohacker

This vape is worthless, $40 in the trash, on the third use it already has a burnt taste and I don't go above 2.6v, I'm not doing anything wrong, if the chamber is porous it will never be able to be cleaned well, I was hoping it won't happen, but as 90% of Chinese brands, another shit, after watching videos and comments I think they have sneaked in with paid reviews, first and last time I fall for something Chinese, Now I'm going to play it safe and buy a FocusV Aeris.

Appreciate this feedback and saving me the cash. I've only seen YT vids (Freebee's from Yocan) and not everyone is as honest as me so they can continue receiving free junk (see my Yocan Blade review lol).

The Aeris would be a completely different beast, but I have some concerns about the cap/airflow and wispy/airy hits that leave a puddle. Some have complained about the lid getting messy and airflow blocked.

I'll wait for Yocan to make a proper chamber/coil for 2024.

biohacker,
Reactions: Manako_

Old Stoner1958

Comparing a 40.00 pen to a 229.00 pen is rediculas. For 40.00 I got the CYLO and 5 extra coils ( the CYLO was 27.00).
For the money I like it and it works well. If you do a high temp burn off after cleaning it come out very clean.
For me it is adequite, maybe it is not a so called top tier vape but it works well and I dont have to have the absolute best there is.
This is my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.

Manako_

Comparing a 40.00 pen to a 229.00 pen is rediculas. For 40.00 I got the CYLO and 5 extra coils ( the CYLO was 27.00).
For the money I like it and it works well. If you do a high temp burn off after cleaning it come out very clean.
For me it is adequite, maybe it is not a so called top tier vape but it works well and I dont have to have the absolute best there is.
I have never compared vapes, I have told the truth about this camera, not what they sell you on their website and their minions with their paid reviews.
Is it easy to clean? NO, it is impossible to clean.
I don't like being fooled with the characteristics of a product, call me crazy.
Also, if you heat the camera to a high temperature as you say, the only thing that happens is that the camera burns! This Vape is a joke

Last edited:
Manako_,

biohacker

biohacker,

twain55

You should look in to the Orbit especially if you get a discount from ecm or wherever. I have several different wax pens and the Orbit is on a different level ime. I wanted to like the Cylo but its a coiled pen just like others I own. The Orbit just heats the product, nothing else is introduced.

twain55,

twain55

Pretty self-explanatory. Orbit doesn't use a traditional coil of any sort, just heats the glass from underneath and then the product.

twain55,
Top Bottom