XVape XLUX ROFFU

Petetbay

I got rid of the bowl screen, dropped in a mesh and I'm only using the wpa,
I use coarse or medium Arizer screens for the bowl.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been testing out my new vs old unit with On-Demand vs Session modes and found the only real difference is the newer unit gets to temp a bit more quickly but the ABV ends up very similar in both modes/units.
All were vaped in capsules with the OEM WPA with the glass directly above the oven at 220C/428f.
OG,
1695366727452-jpg.49157

Newer Blue unit,
1695366727441-jpg.49158

vapefritz

Just some quick notes: Molicel INR18650-M35A work flawlessly. Feel like battery lasts longer too but honestly did not time it and of course original battery was used quite a few times already. Also the Xtar PB2C is the surprising winner of "best accessory"! You can keep two spare batteries in there, load your other devices and when your Roffu battery is empty just exchange it. Bonus point: With this you can charge the batteries for your Roffu in places where you would not be comfortable charging your vaporizer, like the office etc. You are just charging a power bank in this case.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the o-rings LesPlenty linked are indeed very tight but work flawlessly and are dirt cheap. And I don't have a male to male 12mm glass adapter, but I do have the wpa that came with the Arizer Air Max. After many many (many) tries using quite a bit of force and pliers I was able to squeeze the silicone hose over it, resulting in a nice snug diy wpa adapter for the Roffu. I'd probably get a 10mmx14mm hose instead of 8mmx12mm because it was really hard, but I did work after all!

IMG-20231003-204825-101.jpg

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been using my Roffu while out and about and am finding the capsules combined with the steel oven make On-Demand mode sing. I simply leave the temp set to Max and have a quick puff while the unit heats then a longer draw and let the button off just before the puff ends. I can usually do this routine 3 or 4 times per capsule with nice, large clouds and flavour.
Great for the scenario below.:cheers:
1696821312757-jpg.49440

Sativapo

After 6 months of use I want to give praises to this device again. Performance is just excellent as available accessories. Regarding the upcoming built-in battery device of an og historical manufacturer. I want to say I see absolutely no safety or reliability issue. And I wouldn't buy a built in battery roffu except for a third of the price. You get some silicon battery sleeves and you're good to go for a trip without charging.
I had the chance to buy the device during a an US trip on 420 :tup:The EU price without a big sale is kind of high to buy a backup one, waiting for the next opportunity.
I don't know if somebody noticed this but the heater has big inertia a bit like a ball vape. Some times I take a big hit or two small ones after the session end. Anyone knows how the heater is made ? I don't want to disassemble it.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don't know if somebody noticed this but the heater has big inertia a bit like a ball vape. Some times I take a big hit or two small ones after the session end. Anyone knows how the heater is made ? I don't want to disassemble it.
The heater is Kanthal wire, I get another whispy toke straight after I power off but that is only when I use the capsules in ON-Demand mode as the load is usually well spent when I use session mode.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Sativapo

Sativapo

It doesn't behave like a standard ecig type wire and not like the V3 pro in my experience, in a good way. It also takes a bit more time to heat than the V3 pro (I think) Like if there was more mass to heat. Maybe it could be some added conduction of the metal chamber that builds also some mass heat. I noticed this with the metal chamber.

XpeeN

Makes sense, the metal chamber holds heat that will keep cooking a bit until it cools down. Also even when the session ends, the heater stays hot, so usually when using a convection vape with a metal bowl like the ruffo or the v3p, when I finish my session I keep pulling air after the heater stop maintaining heat, so it'll cool down.

dapatcho

Does anyone have any tips to get the heaviest high with just the unit itself (no glass)? I don't really care to savour flavour or anything like that and just want to get stoned. Right now I just set a session mode at 400F for 6 minutes and puff away. Could I be doing something better/worse/more efficiently?

dapatcho,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Petetbay

Does anyone have any tips to get the heaviest high with just the unit itself (no glass)? I don't really care to savour flavour or anything like that and just want to get stoned. Right now I just set a session mode at 400F for 6 minutes and puff away. Could I be doing something better/worse/more efficiently?
Use the steel bowl, long steady pulls 10-15 seconds long, maybe up temp to 410*F, as long as your herb is up to standards, should be no problem. :2c:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You can experiment with draw speed. Usually a slower, longer draw will yield more hit; a crescendo builds as the heater has more time to process the air moving past it.
Have you tried both the glass and the metal chambers?
I suggest adding the glass wpa/mouthpiece, which means removing the internal cooling unit and gives your a more direct-from-chamber hit.
You can try partially covering the air intake intermittently, similar to choking a pipe.

dapatcho

You can experiment with draw speed. Usually a slower, longer draw will yield more hit; a crescendo builds as the heater has more time to process the air moving past it.
Have you tried both the glass and the metal chambers?
I suggest adding the glass wpa/mouthpiece, which means removing the internal cooling unit and gives your a more direct-from-chamber hit.
You can try partially covering the air intake intermittently, similar to choking a pipe.
Use the steel bowl, long steady pulls 10-15 seconds long, maybe up temp to 410*F, as long as your herb is up to standards, should be no problem. :2c:
Sounds like I am pulling too short/quickly! I have been using the steel chamber, and have the glass mouth piece WPA adapter thing and the squigly cooling unit is not in. I will also try covering the intake some.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I will also add to not pack the load at all, just a loose fluffy pack and pull for as long and hard as you can, I find long and slow does not yield as much vapor as long and hard pulls...as @Petetbay said, you have to shift the hot air thru the load to bake it.
I also find using a dosing capsule adds a bit more conduction towards the end of a bowl for some extra 'stoney' effects.
No capsule, I start at 355f/180c and finish at 390f/200c.
When using a capsule I will start at 390f/200c and then finish a bowl on max temp. If I am just after pain relief I will begin with max temp.:tup:

TankeyPankey

I think 420 EDC also has a great deal with it's stashbox kit, which isn't discounted, meaning that it will be discounted further with their holiday code.

Also, for any users out there, would you say the WPA is worth it if you don't have a bong? I'm trying to get my buddy hooked up and was curious what the thought was on this with WPA vs the stock mouthpiece. I tried looking it up and saw a lot of positive comments on the WPA improving the flavor considerably, but I wasn't sure if that was always used through a water pipe or not. Also if used without a water pipe, would the WPA have pretty hot draws?

TankeyPankey,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Also if used without a water pipe, would the WPA have pretty hot draws?
It does help with flavour if mounted directly over the oven as it all but removes any silicone in the vapor path. I mainly use this at home without the waterpipe but sometimes on a j-hook to help cool things and save the cooling unit for out-and-about duties as it is a bit more pocketable.

TankeyPankey

It does help with flavour if mounted directly over the oven as it all but removes any silicone in the vapor path. I mainly use this at home without the waterpipe but sometimes on a j-hook to help cool things and save the cooling unit for out-and-about duties as it is a bit more pocketable.
Would you say a J hook is necessary or not really? I saw some people on Reddit commenting on the WPA saying that even without a water pipe, it didn't get too hot.

When you say cooling unit, are you talking about the default silicone mouthpiece?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Would you say a J hook is necessary or not really? I saw some people on Reddit commenting on the WPA saying that even without a water pipe, it didn't get too hot.

When you say cooling unit, are you talking about the default silicone mouthpiece?
I'll jump in to say that I use the glass mp/WPA both with a jhook and without. At 180C, it stays quite comfortable with just the glass mouthpiece.
I think cooling unit is the spiral piece (zirconia) mounted just below the standard mouthpiece. Both of those are eliminated when you use the wpa.
You can mount the WPA two ways. One puts the glass mp directly over the chamber, the other offsets it, creating a bit of a baffled, extended vapor path and that is how I use it to get comfortable hits with no other glass attached.

TankeyPankey

I'll jump in to say that I use the glass mp/WPA both with a jhook and without. At 180C, it stays quite comfortable with just the glass mouthpiece.
I think cooling unit is the spiral piece (zirconia) mounted just below the standard mouthpiece. Both of those are eliminated when you use the wpa.
You can mount the WPA two ways. One puts the glass mp directly over the chamber, the other offsets it, creating a bit of a baffled, extended vapor path and that is how I use it to get comfortable hits with no other glass attached.
Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to recommend getting a Pill botl 14mm joint and see if he likes the idea of that.

Fill your bowl loosely and top it off with your favorite concentrate. I like to use a tiny, pinch of a Sativa crumble, or some live resin. That should get you stoned.

Not sure why, but I get a better high running the Roffu at about 370F in session mode for 6 minutes with the metal chamber, and about 380F with the glass chamber. Also, very important: Pack the chamber loosely; pack it too tight and you'll kill the convection process and actually get less extraction from your herb.
Phil

Top Bottom