XVape XLUX ROFFU

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Not sure what happened to your photo
Thanks for answering with great WPA advice @vapviking, I could not find what @Philossifer was talking about from those long links (I never saw the pics).
I have found I have been using the Roffu silicon WPA with the glass as it seals nicely in a 14mm dodgy ground joint water pipe I have (I also found this with the new Starry4 silicon-covered ceramic WPA). The benefits of glass/ceramic for a clean taste plus a good seal on dodgy ground bong joints...nice!

LesPlenty,
Reactions: vapviking

Reez79

Got my Roffu yesterday and it’s great. Questions is there another mouth piece I can buy?

What is puff data?

Where can I get extra batteries and chargers for the batteries?

How would you say it is when it comes to smell and trying to be discreet?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Got my Roffu yesterday and it’s great. Questions is there another mouth piece I can buy?
Yes, buy the wpa/glass mouthpiece.
Use that as a nice glass mouthpiece, or to connect to some glass, definitely worth the ten bucks.

Puff data (3 clicks when powered on) shows total number of puffs on the device, and number for current seession.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Good to see you got your unit just fine @Reez79.:tup:
Where can I get extra batteries and chargers for the batteries?
These guys are legit and recommended battery for any vape,
I had and XTAR charger but that died and now I have a Nitecore SC4 that works a treat and lets you know when the batteries are worn out.
How would you say it is when it comes to smell and trying to be discreet?
Very discreet compared to smoking and not a stinker like some vapes can be.
another mouth piece I can buy?
Here is the page with all the options available from us (including batteries if you want to stay stock),

deadsouthernblake

Here lately I've noticed the heating plate or whatever you want to call it has been really warm or more along the lines of hot right after charging is that normal? I'm not sure if I've ever happened to touch it before right after it had been charging like I did tonight.

deadsouthernblake,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just in case you could not see @Pishorkata 'SPOILER' from the last page (like me),
The result of using the Roffu daily for about an year: :D
1691633159621-jpg.48440

That is great going @Pishorkata, makes my 8000-odd (OG unit) puffs look like a noob.:tup:
it has been really warm or more along the lines of hot right after charging is that normal?
A few units from the OG batch would do a partial heat-up whenever the battery was swapped or when the charging cable was removed. My OG will ramp up to about 55C whenever I remove the charging cable then shuts off. If this is becoming a problem for you, reach out to our customer service department for help,
Email: Support@xvapeusa.com
Phone: 9095171100

Last edited:

onlysleeping23

Just received my Roffu a couple days ago. Also went for the wpa and dosing capsules.

I keep running burn-off sessions and cleaned all removable parts with iso and soap/water. It seems like there might still be a bit if factory gunk somewhere? When I run the device with the cooling unit off it has a kind-of blow dryer/electric smell still.

I also have a pax and an arizer air max. Neither have made smells like this that I’ve noticed. To be fair, this is my first all-convection device. Not sure if that’s normal.

I did run a few bowls through it but it actually really irritated my lungs for a while after using it, and I’m trying to transition to vaping from being a daily bong smoker.

I emailed xvape, and they said it was normal and should go away, and to try “spraying alcohol to dilute it while heated”. Not really sure what I’m supposed to be spraying, but everything has been either soaked or wiped well with 99% iso.

Is this normal in other’s experience? Will it in fact go away? Kind of afraid to use the unit after how it made my lungs feel the first day. Appreciate anybody’s advice!

onlysleeping23,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is this normal in other’s experience? Will it in fact go away?
It does go away(the new car smell), as far as the irritation, that may be you. Have you ever used a vape with a Kanthal heater? Some people are sensitive to Kanthal, rare but it is a thing.
it actually really irritated my lungs for a while after using it
I would try again but keep your temps below 190C/375f and do not pack the bowl, just sprinkle fill as convection devices need you to pull the heat thru the load to vaporize it. Packing too tight can cause irritation due to having to pull so hard.

Sue Narmy

My glass mouthpiece cracked, I didn’t have a spare so I used the original mouthpiece which I never used as I didn’t like the shape.
Oh my gosh…… I love it!!!! 😮

I like using a glass mouthpiece as the flavour usually is so much better but with the Ruffu I now prefer using the zirconia ceramic one.

onlysleeping23

It does go away(the new car smell), as far as the irritation, that may be you. Have you ever used a vape with a Kanthal heater? Some people are sensitive to Kanthal, rare but it is a thing.

I would try again but keep your temps below 190C/375f and do not pack the bowl, just sprinkle fill as convection devices need you to pull the heat thru the load to vaporize it. Packing too tight can cause irritation due to having to pull so hard.
Thank you for the reply!

onlysleeping23,

zeusjames

I have the water pipe adapter and the dosing capsules for my Roffus. I never used the wpa but do use the dosing capsules. However I like the Roffu configuration stock, as-is. To augment the original configuration I have added eight batteries and an eight charger. Also a dozen oven chambers divided equally between glass and stainless steel. I prefill the ovens and use them like dosing capsules. I put together a little wooden box with pegs for the pre-filled oven chambers. They hold a little more than the caps and are easier to fill. If I were out and about the dosing caps would be better.

zeusjames

a picture would be nice
This site is not image friendly. I only see an option for a link to an image hosting site.

I used this from Amazon

Unfinished wooden box, 8x4x2.3 inch storage box with hinge lid​

I cut a 1/2 inch board to fit and then drilled two rows of holes for a total of 14 holes. Then I cut 14 wooden pegs in half and placed them in the holes leaving about 1/2 inch protruding upward. The oven chambers are placed on the pegs. I placed a piece of tape on the bottom of the lid over each peg so I can label the strain.

The board only fills about 80% of the bottom of the box. I left room for a row of eight 5 ml jars also bought from Amazon. I placed a tiny stick-on label on each jar to identify the strain. Each jar can hold two dosing capsules.

Madtater

Is this balanced enough to be able to connect to a water bubbler hands-free, without supporting it?
I dont support mine when i use it with a bubbler.

However, i would assume that it depends on the size of the glass you’re using. I highly doubt a palm sized bubbler would work with the roffu without some support, but a, lets say, 8-12” bubbler probably wouldnt need support.

BUT…glass joint stress is a thing. Depending on the glass quality, you may want to support it anyway.

Madtater,

CapitalFlower

I dont support mine when i use it with a bubbler.

However, i would assume that it depends on the size of the glass you’re using. I highly doubt a palm sized bubbler would work with the roffu without some support, but a, lets say, 8-12” bubbler probably wouldnt need support.

BUT…glass joint stress is a thing. Depending on the glass quality, you may want to support it anyway.
Sorry yes I didn't mean in terms of glass balance, I meant in terms of supporting/snapping the Roffu

CapitalFlower,

Madtater

Sorry yes I didn't mean in terms of glass balance, I meant in terms of supporting/snapping the Roffu
Oh, it won’t break the roffu.

If it will break anything it would be the glass joint…..unless the roffu falls out by accident and hits the floor.

Leaving it unsupported while you rip it should be perfectly fine….as i said, that is how i use it with the bubbler.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Is it normal for the ovens to be loose?

Zero catch on the glass and metal, I’m enjoying the device so far tho

Sour Dream,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is it normal for the ovens to be loose?
Only on early units once the retaining o-ring wears out, this system was changed on later models to get rid of the need to replace the o-rings.
If out of the warranty period, you can use a 9mmx1mm cross section (or slightly smaller) silicon o-ring to fix or if still under warranty get in touch with where you purchased it from for help or call or message here,
support@xvape.com

Call our offices:

Monday - Friday 10am to 4pm PST

(909)517-1100​

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Only on early units once the retaining o-ring wears out, this system was changed on later models to get rid of the need to replace the o-rings.
If out of the warranty period, you can use a 9mmx1mm cross section (or slightly smaller) silicon o-ring to fix or if still under warranty get in touch with where you purchased it from for help or call or message here,
support@xvape.com

Call our offices:

Monday - Friday 10am to 4pm PST

(909)517-1100​

Thanks

Sour Dream,

vapefritz

Finally got my roffu. A lot of reviews already but here are my two cents anyways.

Disclaimer: I am pretty new to vaping all together. The only other electrical vaporizer I own is the Arizer Air Max, have been using that one for a couple of weeks.

Ordering the Roffu for an affordable price here in Germany has been hard. I ended up ordering two devices (one for me, one for my sister) and a steel chamber for each from dankstop and including customs and everything I ended up paying around 135€ per device plus steel chamber. Way better prices in the US. Also dankstop does not sell all accessories so now I still have to see if/where I am going to buy the wpa adapter, silicone sleeve, funnel and dosing capsules. Would be nice to have better availability in Europe and bundle options, too.

Once I received the device I charged it, cleaned it like advised in the manual, ran two burn off sessions and then gave it a try. First session was maybe a little "new car smelly" but has been smooth sailing since then! I have to say I was and still am very, very impressed! Steady, dense, cool and tasty flavor. Zirconia mouth piece performs well and feels good. Steel chamber seems to just run a little bit hotter all together giving even bigger clouds. Battery life is reasonable. Besides that I just really like the look and feel of the Roffu. Just a well designed little thing! Looks way more "normal" than my arizer for sure too, just a bit more stealthy for whatever reason and I feel more comfortable using it in public. The magnetic mechanism of the top part to open and fill the chamber is fun to use, everything is easy to open and clean.

Now that I have pointed out all the positive sides, here are my complaints or ideas for improvements. Just keep in mind that all in all I really like this device and this is really complaining on a high level.

Imo the biggest missed opportunity here is not having an isolated zirconia air path in the default mouth piece. It's sad because it almost got one, but just a little bit of plastic surface is in contact with the vapor. Trying to add a picture below, the plastic surface you see covered in resin is what's in contact with the vapor. A very small additional piece of zirconia or just change in design and this would have been a fully isolated air path. Yes I am aware that this is probably some special kind of plastic, supposed to be neutral in taste, food safe and heat resistant. Never the less I think this is the final little detail that leads to the Roffu not been seen as taste emphasized vapo. Think of it this way: No matter how often you tell me your plastic is 100% taste neutral, and even if it actually is 100% taste neutral, I won't drink my wine out of your plastic cup if I consider myself a wine connoisseur. Same goes for vaporizers if you ask me.

Another smaller issue is: The o-ring holding the screen in the chamber is worn down pretty fast. Now I am using the steel chamber and am usually running at 220° so if you run at lower temps and use the glass chamber maybe it will last longer. But I already burnt through one. Also when the o-ring started to fail, I almost lost my screen a couple of times before realizing what the issue was. Because the o-ring was not fully gone yet but just started to fail on one side and did not hold well in the chamber because of that. See second picture! Of course, sitting at the very bottom of the steel chamber running at max temp this is kind of to be expected. Not sure how this could be fixed.

Also there could be more options for the session timer. 4 minutes would be perfect for me. 3 is too short, 6 is too long.

Some questions I still have: What is the cell the Roffu comes with? Can not find any info on it. Also, what kind of cell does the Roffu actually need, i.e. what does it draw? LesPlenty said it draws "around 10A" max but would really nice to have some official data or something. I want additional batteries and I'm tempted to buy 3500mah cells! If it does not draw more than 10A anyways why go with the higher draw, lower capacity options? Is that a bad idea? Samsung INR18650-35E, Molicel INR18650-M35A (sold by recommendedvapesupplies together with the Roffu) or the Panasonic NCR18650GA for example. I can currently get the Samsung ones for pretty cheap, would those be a good option?

Last but not least: It does not really become clear to me what parts can be cleaned with alcohol and what parts should be cleaned with water and soap. Could someone explain that to me?

Well now I spent way more time talking about the downsides so let me stress again: I love this little thing! It's very close to being perfect and it's my every day carry at the moment. Would recommend it to anyone who asks. Hope my review is somewhat understandable and helps someone make a decision! Will maybe get the sleeve, wpa and most importantly capsules soon and add my thoughts about those.

Pictures here.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Thanks for the feedback @vapefritz, glad you are enjoying your Roffu, now to some of your points...
Imo the biggest missed opportunity here is not having an isolated zirconia air path
Getting the official WPA and running the glass directly above the oven improve taste..a lot. Also the simple hack for a WPA and J-hook also works at upping the flavour.
The o-ring holding the screen in the chamber is worn down pretty fast
It also stretches and falls off as you said, I posted a link to some slightly larger o-rings that hold the plate very tight, I just need to find them again.
Edit for link,
  • 7.5x4.5x1.5mm
10A" max but would really nice to have some official data
The official data is not able to be posted but the Roffu actually draws 3c or 9amp max
Molicel INR18650-M35A (sold by recommendedvapesupplies together with the Roffu)
Molicel are the bee's knee that performs well in any vape so I have been told. I have Sony VT6 and LG HG2 that I currently use that are getting tired that I will replace with Molicells eventually.
It does not really become clear to me what parts can be cleaned with alcohol and what parts should be cleaned with water and soap
Water and soap for the silicone bits plus cooling unit that has the plastic part you want replaced, and, iso for the rest (and I actually iso my silicon parts, just quickly before water etc)

Last edited:
Top Bottom