XVape XLUX ROFFU

billyfitz

I just bought a second Onyx Grey Roffu for $100.62 shipped , the lite kit, using "JINGLE" as a coupon code.
😎
I'd be interested to hear if you think the unwelcome smells are lower level, as per our earlier discussion I feel like my new one's silicone is quite low on odor, and I think I'm fairly sensitive to these things, and more came from the heater. Mine's not quite neutral yet though (only 4 evenings light use), but nowhere near as bad as, say, the Fury 2 I briefly used a while ago.
Where do you bought it?
Direct from xvape - with the "JINGLE" code that seems to be still active from Christmas! https://xvapeusa.com/product/xlux-series-roffu-powered-by-xvape/

Mad_Max

I'd be interested to hear if you think the unwelcome smells are lower level, as per our earlier discussion I feel like my new one's silicone is quite low on odor, and I think I'm fairly sensitive to these things, and more came from the heater. Mine's not quite neutral yet though (only 4 evenings light use), but nowhere near as bad as, say, the Fury 2 I briefly used a while ago.
If you haven't taken them out and heated the up separately for a minute or 2, then you haven't smelled it yet. Maybe yours are finished.

Yes - XVAPEUSA baby! Get one!

deadsouthernblake

Did the chamber sit directly on top of the heating pad or was it slightly above it? I did a good cleaning a couple of nights back and just can't seem to get it back in just the right place. Can someone please tell me about where it should be? Maybe using the ROFFU logo that's on the chamber or the little chamber loading tool (mini shovel) as a reference to where it should be.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Did the chamber sit directly on top of the heating pad or was it slightly above it?
The chamber (do you mean the glass oven?) sits on a heater post (is that the heater pad you are referring to?), so, are you having trouble inserting the glass oven over the heater post or am I miss interpreting your message? I thinbk you are talking about the adjustable height disc inside the glass oven?
If it is the disc in the glass oven simply mount the oven then use a pencil or similar to push the disc to your desired oven size, I leave mine all the way down so it sits on the post of the heater for the largest bowl size available.

deadsouthernblake

The chamber (do you mean the glass oven?) sits on a heater post (is that the heater pad you are referring to?), so, are you having trouble inserting the glass oven over the heater post or am I miss interpreting your message? I thinbk you are talking about the adjustable height disc inside the glass oven?
If it is the disc in the glass oven simply mount the oven then use a pencil or similar to push the disc to your desired oven size, I leave mine all the way down so it sits on the post of the heater for the largest bowl size available.
Yes where you load in the material, but I'm using the metal one instead of the glass. When I was cleaning things up I took the thicker metal screen out of the metal oven/chamber and cleaned with alcohol. Now I can't seem to get the thicker screen back inside the metal oven/chamber in the right place. My original idea after cleaning was to see about moving the screen inside the oven around some to see how it affected things like the amount of material used to fill it up and the intensity of the heat. The heating pad I was talking about is the little round disc with little holes that the oven sits on. I didn't remember if the oven screen was pushed all the way down on top of the disc or if it was risen above it a little.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The heating pad I was talking about is the little round disc with little holes that the oven sits on. I didn't remember if the oven screen was pushed all the way down on top of the disc or if it was risen above it a little.
I push mine all the way down until it sits on top of the post as I find if I want a smaller load I just use a pinch and that gets pulled up against the cooling unit filter and vapes evenly no matter what size load you put in.

Mad_Max

I received my second Roffu, the Lite Kit this time from xvapeusa, using the code "JINGLE" - (I dropped my first one, but it still works normally, except the heater is a tad loose. I can wiggle it with the chamber in. Plus it's a little flaky.)
I'm having to heat the silicone pieces to get the fume-y smell off of them. I boiled them for about 4 minutes but still needs some more.

I was surprised to see the filter/screen in the glass chamber rolling around in there - VERY loose! Could get lost or be chasing it around every time. Luckily I had ordered some new O-ring from this link on eBay courtesy of @LesPlenty, and it works great now. After getting it on, I tried to get the silicone down into the groove as much as possible, before inserting it. (What!) https://www.ebay.com/itm/325089798571?var=514010944300
The ebay one on the right:

However, I haven't found the need on the metal chamber. Also, this new O-ring off ebay, on another semi-loose chamber filter/screen, was very hard on a different glass chamber, to get in place - use some safe tools on the glass, because it needed some pressure. EDIT: Or don't do it! 😥

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been doing some experiments to make sure the loose bowl fit on my old unit is not leaking. It seems to extract the same but I did notice the newer unit gets to temperature faster than the old model. I swapped the batteries between the two and each time the newer version Roffu gets to temp quicker.
I mainly use the Roffu on a j-hook due to the restriction of the vape and like most that I own, two are usually better than one when on a bong, 2nd puff as my nose was in the first video!

bm96

Why cant I find anywhere if this vape comes with a concentrate pad?! In this original post about it it does say it includes one, but I'm not seeing it anywhere...

Petetbay

Why cant I find anywhere if this vape comes with a concentrate pad?! In this original post about it it does say it includes one, but I'm not seeing it anywhere...
I never received a concentrate pad and it’s not in the included accessories list. I use HR Fury 2/Fury Edge pads that also fit the V3Pro and Fog Pro, works better than the included caps with fritter pad which doesn’t work at all.

bm96

I never received a concentrate pad and it’s not in the included accessories list. I use HR Fury 2/Fury Edge pads that also fit the V3Pro and Fog Pro, works better than the included caps with fritter pad which doesn’t work at all.
That stinks. On the 1st page of this thread, In March 2022 @Abysmal Vapor pasted a list of the included items, in large text "Includes Concentrate Pad For 2-in-1 Use". Sad to see they cheaped out, it was about the only thing holding me back being able to use it dual use. I just don't want to mess with cotton or custom making another pad.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That stinks. On the 1st page of this thread, In March 2022 @Abysmal Vapor pasted
@Abysmal Vapor is usually the first to come across new vapes being tested/released and must have linked a very early example of what a beta tester would have got. The tester along with others would have found the Roffu is not great with concentrates used this way and subsequently, we dropped the mesh. Definitely not a cost-cutting exercise, just a waste of landfill.:2c:
With the robust heater it has it would probably work fune though.
It does work but like most convection herb vapes, it is not great.

drift7

Newb here, my new Roffu shows battery icon missing a bar on the right even after overnight charge. You would think the entire battery icon would be green… Is this normal?
Also, is there a way to cancel session mode if you are finished, say after a minute and you don’t want to keep running the extra two more minutes. Thanks!

Newb here, my new Roffu shows battery icon missing a bar on the right even after overnight charge. You would think the entire battery icon would be green… Is this normal?
Also, is there a way to cancel session mode if you are finished, say after a minute and you don’t want to keep running the extra two more minutes. Thanks!
Haven't encountered a less than full battery icon after charging. I do recommend an external charge, however.

You can turn it off by hitting the power button 5 times quickly, same as turning it on. That will end the session.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Newb here, my new Roffu shows battery icon missing a bar on the right even after overnight charge.
Welcome to Roffu ownership and the forum @drift7!
Most new lithium batteries take a few charge/discharge cycles to reach their full capacity, nothing to worry about.
I do recommend an external charge
I have a Nitecore SC4 that works great but I rarely swap out the Roffu battery as USB-C charging is so easy.:2c:

Madtater

Welcome to Roffu ownership and the forum @drift7!
I have a Nitecore SC4 that works great but I rarely swap out the Roffu battery as USB-C charging is so easy.:2c:
Having an extra battery and an external charger makes sure the battery doesnt run out in the middle of a sesh (happened to me a couple times before) as swapping batteries is a breeze with the roffu.

Having an external charger also makes it so the roffu isnt down for charging. Usb-c charging only takes a couple hours give or take, but that is time down where a sesh isnt possible.

Extra batteries are also good for travel purposes. I grabbed a pair from the link you provided me. Then picked up an XTAR VC4SL charger from amazon. I rotate the batteries as well so memory doesnt happen.

I am sure i am not the only one who does something similar to this setup. It works well…..but in a pinch out and about, one could ALWAYS fall back on the usb-c in device charging.

As always, thanks go out to everyone here. Without those who have suggested these things, i wouldn’t have anything close to what i have now.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Having an external charger also makes it so the roffu isnt down for charging. Usb-c charging only takes a couple hours give or take, but that is time down where a sesh isnt possible.
I chuck my Roffu on a USB-C cable as soon as I finish a sesh so it is nearly always fully charged, I don't even let it cool down first before charging as you are meant to as batteries are cheap when they finally need recycling.
Extra batteries are also good for travel purposes.
This is why I like the Nitecore over the Xtar (plus my Xtar crapped out after a couple of years of use). The Nitecore can be powered from a car's 12v socket but I really only use it for some torch batteries when camping as I just chuck the Roffu on a power bank when not being used in that scenario too.
picked up an XTAR VC4SL
Its a good idea to get the L (long) version as the standard length battery bed version only just fits an 18650 and can easily damage a battery wrap if not careful.

drift7

Having an extra battery and an external charger makes sure the battery doesnt run out in the middle of a sesh (happened to me a couple times before) as swapping batteries is a breeze with the roffu.

Extra batteries are also good for travel purposes. I grabbed a pair from the link you provided me. Then picked up an XTAR VC4SL charger from amazon. I rotate the batteries as well so memory doesnt happen.

I am sure i am not the only one who does something similar to this setup. It works well…..but in a pinch out and about, one could ALWAYS fall back on the usb-c in device charging.

As always, thanks go out to everyone here. Without those who have suggested these things, i wouldn’t have anything close to what i have now.
I already have a nitecore charger and two Samsung batteries and also a homelife battery. The Samsung‘s are green INR18650-25R And I believe they are considered not safe in vaping devices. They were originally bought for 510 liquid Vape mods.
The homelife 18650 battery is 3077MAH, 36.3 A, and 20.7 amp CDR. It’s 3.7volts, 11.38 Whr.
Does anyone think this battery would be a problem with the Roffu?
How about the green Samsungs?
Thanks

Top Bottom