XVape XLUX ROFFU

tolerancesucks

Hello fellow stoners. I am a long time lurker and this is my first post. Tomorrow, I am going to get my roffu and I am pretty excited. I have had a pax 2 (which stopped functioning), an arizer air (which I sold) and an arizer solo 2 that is amazing but it is slow and not that portable. I was supposed to buy a pax 2 because I wanted the portability factor (and the 0,5g oven) but I regretted because it is old technology and really stinky. So I came across the Roffu and I think it would be a lot better and changed the purchase. I have read a lot of mixed written reviews about it but nobody says that it is not good.😊 I couldn't find out clear information about the oven size ( the description says it is about 0.25 however, users says that it is the same as the v3 pro). I hope it gets me higher (quicker) than my pax 2 (the highest I have ever felt was using a full bowl and pusher in lower temps vaping it alone)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
highest I have ever felt was using a full bowl and pusher
Hope you enjoy your Roffu!
Just remember the Roffu is convection heat based, the opposite to your Pax and Solo units and thus it does not like a 'packed' oven...sprinkle fill the oven so you can draw the heated air thru the load to extract the goodies...the unit will be set at 180c/355f and this is a good spot to start, I go as low as 150c/300f and still get clouds.

tolerancesucks

I tried the Ruffo for the first time. I am going to review it comparing the two other devices i have had (Arizer air/ solo 2 and Pax 2). My first impresion of the device is that its size is similar to the Pax 2/3 and the arizer solo 2 (minus the stem). The "Mighty/Crafty like" cooling system is really effective. It is a premium product.

Vapor quality: cool, immediate and potent. In the solo 2, the vapor is tastier because you have a more direct glass path and slower extraction. Thanks Les plenty for your tips on how to pack the Ruffo!

Portability: I love the size. it is big enough so you don't lose it. The solo 2 is almost the same size but you have to carry the glass stems (and it is a lot heavier)

Cleaning: I don't think it is easy to clean and i am going to buy capsules so i don't have to deal with that. The solo 2 is so easy and only you have two pieces. The Roffu has a lot of small parts that you can lose but they are kind of fun. Cleaning the Pax 2 was boring.

Experience of use: This is my first "On demand experience" with the glass oven (180c). I loved it. I took some decent puffs and I felt a more "lively high" I could run errands and interact with people. The solo 2 gives me a powerful but relaxing slow experience, so if you are in a hurry, it's a clumsy experience. I remember the Pax being really slow too. What I hated about the pax was the way it stinks. The caps solved the problem when not in use but when turning on, it reeked and its discretion wasn't worth it at all. The solo 2 doesn't smell as bad and the stems with caps are perfect for keeping the odors. Roffu smells only when you open the oven.

I've just vaped an almost full stainless steel oven at 198º on session. Lots of vapors were inhaled easily and my throat didn't felt any harshness. I am feeling a high similar to combustion with a bong but the AVB is not charred.
So, I am pretty happy with it. I going to use it on those moments when you want to get high fast. The solo 2 will be ready and charged when I want to chill for hours, taste the flavors, share, use waterpieces and I don't want to clean many small pieces.

So thanks for everything shared, you guys helped me to find the vaporizer i was looking for. i am going to keep practicing and experimenting with it.

Shorner

Cleaning: I don't think it is easy to clean and i am going to buy capsules so i don't have to deal with that. The solo 2 is so easy and only you have two pieces. The Roffu has a lot of small parts that you can lose but they are kind of fun. Cleaning the Pax 2 was boring.
I think it's really easy to clean, I just run a q tip around everything after each use and mines stayed clean, i will probably give the mouthpiece a "quick" rinse in iso soon just to get everything out ,other that it's easy.

Old Stoner1958

I think it's really easy to clean, I just run a q tip around everything after each use and mines stayed clean, i will probably give the mouthpiece a "quick" rinse in iso soon just to get everything out ,other that it's easy.
I agree the cleaning is easy. When I use the Dosing Caps I remove the filter screen. The only cleaning is the Air Flow Bow( quick soak in Iso) The mouthpiece ( wipe with Iso cloth ( avoiding the magnets) and the silicone grommet ans Air flow box silicone ( warm soapy water). It takes me less then 5 minutes and is my morning ritual with my coffee. Keeping it clean keeps the flavors nice and bright.

mr_shady

Hi is anyone able to tell me the dimensions and weight of the roffu please? Can't seem to find that info anywhere.

mr_shady,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Deecee

Anyone experience an off smell and taste from the xlux roffu?

Got mine from 420EDC, cleaned the cap and inside mouthpiece with iso, on my 6th 6min session max temp burnoff and it still has a chemical smell and flavor.

(Just dry hitting it, haven't used flower in it yet.)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Anyone experience an off smell and taste from the xlux roffu?

Got mine from 420EDC, cleaned the cap and inside mouthpiece with iso, on my 6th 6min session max temp burnoff and it still has a chemical smell and flavor.

(Just dry hitting it, haven't used flower in it yet.)
We're pretty sensitive to chemical smells/tastes in our vapes so I tend to go overboard on the start up vape routine. Here's the prep/unboxing I used. I had no smells or taste issues:

Hi is anyone able to tell me the dimensions and weight of the roffu please? Can't seem to find that info anywhere.
Approximate measures:
- Weighed 168 grams
- 4.5 inches tall
- 1.5 inches wide
- 1 inch wide on bottom

Deecee

We're pretty sensitive to chemical smells/tastes in our vapes so I tend to go overboard on the start up vape routine. Here's the prep/unboxing I used. I had no smells or taste issues:

Approximate measures:
- Weighed 168 grams
- 4.5 inches tall
- 1.5 inches wide
- 1 inch wide on bottom
Yea, did all the things minus soak mouth piece in soap and water. I just cleaned it inside an out with 91 iso and all the parts with cotton swabs.

I can remove the slide able screen and hit the heater on cool using the glass slide and I taste the flavor and it smells direct from the heater.

Old Stoner1958

i GOT MINE AT 420EDC ( the Lite kt) and it had no oder right out of the box. I did do 3 byrn offs and cleaned everything before loading the first bowl. I was on thier Discord and was walked thru the cleaning procedure. I have heard the full kit did have oder issues and Xvape changed the packaging for the Lite kits. I just pulled the box it came in from my nightstand and there is no smell at all.

Deecee

i GOT MINE AT 420EDC ( the Lite kt) and it had no oder right out of the box. I did do 3 byrn offs and cleaned everything before loading the first bowl. I was on thier Discord and was walked thru the cleaning procedure. I have heard the full kit did have oder issues and Xvape changed the packaging for the Lite kits.
I bought a lite kit from 420EDC on Friday, they only allow returns on unopened products. I followed the cleaning and burn off procedure step by step from their web site.

Wish I would have gotten one with no smell or bad chemical flavor.

Guess I will try to trade/resell it or contact the manufacturer. RIP $140

LesPlenty

Company Rep
it smells direct from the heater.
It should not do this, as stated the silicon in the CU did manage to absorb the packaging foam smell early on but as stated that problem was addressed.
I get no smell from just the unit. I would try some more max temp burn-offs while mouth pulling on an empty chamber, do not inhale the robot fart, just mouth pull and exhale to maybe help burn off any manufacturing residuals that may be causing your problem. If that also fails, get in touch with XVAPE service directly at, support@xvapeusa.com and you will get help...all is not lost, we will get you to enjoy the Roffu eventually :myday:

mr_shady

Approximate measures:
- Weighed 168 grams
- 4.5 inches tall
- 1.5 inches wide
- 1 inch wide on bottom
Thank you bro.

Deecee

It should not do this, as stated the silicon in the CU did manage to absorb the packaging foam smell early on but as stated that problem was addressed.
I get no smell from just the unit. I would try some more max temp burn-offs while mouth pulling on an empty chamber, do not inhale the robot fart, just mouth pull and exhale to maybe help burn off any manufacturing residuals that may be causing your problem. If that also fails, get in touch with XVAPE service directly at, support@xvapeusa.com and you will get help...all is not lost, we will get you to enjoy the Roffu eventually :myday:
Yea I cant really smell anything from the heater unless I put my nose directly on the cool heater.

Its the taste thats so bad, its not that strong but definately there and its a bad taste. The taste reminds me of the smell of someone soldiering or like wet paint or invisible tape.

I did 3 6min cigar puff sessions trying not to inhale anything. The 3rd session I started getting nauseous, on the 4th I could only get a min and half in on puffing it before feeling sick again.

Dry puffing it when cooled you can lightly taste the bad chemical flavor but when the device is in session and fully heated its much more pronounced of a flavor.

What material is the heater made from?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Pretty sure it is Kanthal, I will double check and inform if I am wrong.
I would also recommend cleaning the CU again as described earlier but dunk and shake the silicon parts in fresh iso(70%) (I do not like soap on black silicon myself) before rinsing again with hot water and leaving it and the unit disassembled to dry with a fan blowing on them, our outside undercover in the fresh air/sun to finish drying and curing the silicon. I would also do a sesh on max temp whenever I remembered (every few hours) with time for the unit to cool between heating. If you do this for a few days and the taste/smell persists please get in touch with our service people at... support@xvapeusa.com as there must be something awry.
Edit, XVAPE do not recommend using iso on the CU silicon.

Last edited:

Gup

Yea I cant really smell anything from the heater unless I put my nose directly on the cool heater.

Its the taste thats so bad, its not that strong but definately there and its a bad taste. The taste reminds me of the smell of someone soldiering or like wet paint or invisible tape.

I did 3 6min cigar puff sessions trying not to inhale anything. The 3rd session I started getting nauseous, on the 4th I could only get a min and half in on puffing it before feeling sick again.

Dry puffing it when cooled you can lightly taste the bad chemical flavor but when the device is in session and fully heated its much more pronounced of a flavor.

If I’m doing burn offs on a new vape I normally seal my lips around the air intake and blow lightly as opposed to sucking on it

LesPlenty

Company Rep
blow lightly as opposed to sucking on it
So did I until I got told I am blowing unwanted moisture into a device and that the vape was not designed to have airflow in that direction and in some cases could/may cause harm to the internals of the device.
I do not know about the Roffu so I will do this to my newish unit (23 puffs on the counter) and see if it hurts anything...
Just blew air in from the side for 3x6 min sessions at max temp (like playing a hot harmonica) and did notice the slight new coil metal heating smell and new plastic smell coming from the unit. I believe it is from the black PEEK(?) plastic around the top of the unit still curing as the smell almost disappears when cool. I just did the same experiment on my older unit with 3860 on the clock and it has no smell at all.
I just had a bowl at 180c/355f in both and could maybe still get a hint of new vape smell when used side by side. I was not sure so I tried another bowl in each starting lower in temps and guessed right 75% which was the new unit. One more bowl each at 180c/355f and by the end I could barely tell them apart...more guessing than anything.
My new unit now has 44 puffs on the counter

Last edited:

Petetbay

So did I until I got told I am blowing unwanted moisture into a device and that the vape was not designed to have airflow in that direction and in some cases could/may cause harm to the internals of the device.
I blow in the intake, not really hard, if the heater is on any moisture shouldn’t be a problem. The manufacturer is more worried that people will use compressed air which could damage things like seals and even components of the heater, people do lots of crazy things so the manufacturers like to cover their asses. :2c:

Deecee

Pretty sure it is Kanthal, I will double check and inform if I am wrong.
I would also recommend cleaning the CU again as described earlier but dunk and shake the silicon parts in fresh iso(70%) (I do not like soap on black silicon myself) before rinsing again with hot water and leaving it and the unit disassembled to dry with a fan blowing on them, our outside undercover in the fresh air/sun to finish drying and curing the silicon. I would also do a sesh on max temp whenever I remembered (every few hours) with time for the unit to cool between heating. If you do this for a few days and the taste/smell persists please get in touch with our service people at... support@xvapeusa.com as there must be something awry.
Edit, XVAPE do not recommend using iso on the CU silicon.
I ended up doing a session where I blew in the air holes on the side and it bought down the intensity of the flavor more. Its still there just a bit less but I'm still concerned using it with an off chemical flavor.

Definitely shouldn't be the kanthal doing it but there is some part in airpath that is. I have vaped wax off kanthal in a RDA and never got an off flavor like this before.

I will clean top cap and insides once more with iso and silicone pieces with some soap n water once more and check it out again later.

Texus

I ended up doing a session where I blew in the air holes on the side and it bought down the intensity of the flavor more. Its still there just a bit less but I'm still concerned using it with an off chemical flavor.

Definitely shouldn't be the kanthal doing it but there is some part in airpath that is. I have vaped wax off kanthal in a RDA and never got an off flavor like this before.

I will clean top cap and insides once more with iso and silicone pieces with some soap n water once more and check it out again later.
Good luck with that. I'm continuing to hold off until alternative mouthpieces are available and the smell issue is conclusively resolved.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How's this unit performing Les? It's has a good testing🤣🤣
Still winning the reach test obviously, mainly used on a j-hook for big bowl sessions!
the smell issue is conclusively resolved.
It has been but it sounds like the odd unit might be 'off' or problematic which can happen in mass-produced items occasionally (only heard of 2) but it is no longer the norm.
hold off until alternative mouthpieces
Now, this is a real reason to hold off if you don't like to DIY...the WPA is now overdue IMO, I will chase it up!

Deecee

If smell was absorbed into silicone, then consider this trick used with silicone cookware: bake for 20 minutes in your kitchen oven at 250 degrees
Its not in the silicone its in the heater, and its not a smell its a very noticeable flavor.

Top Bottom