XMAX Starry 4, Portable Vaporizer

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
if you do hash, use some vap cotton and make cotton/hash/cotton sandwich to soak up the resin that can clog those oven holes. clean it soon afterwards while still warm with an iso-soaked q-tip, holding the unit upside down position to prevent dirty sticky iso from going into the machine's oven holes. it's the conservative way to add life to your machine by keeping it clean.
Thanks again!
I used to vape my dabs by doing the cotton sandwich with dynavaps and a few others. The cotton ready holds a lot of the residue within. In fact, I used to use the spent cotton load itself to wipe out the chamber afterwards. Would leave it clean as a whistle.

Makes sense to wipe it out after using. Not much experience vaping the chunky old school hash, but I understand that its the only concentrate your going to get in a government store.

They are obviously different vapes, but I see a lot of my old Fury 2 in the interface of the Starry.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Just picked one up from vgoodiez for only $70. It's a smart looking device. I got it to take on trips, particularly where old school hashish is available.

I gave it a good cleaning, but haven't used it yet. How long does it take for the robot fart taste to go away? I've been puffing on it every now and then, but don't want to load it till that taste goes away.
Thanks! It worked pretty well. After the first bowl I didn't notice it anymore. I have faith in the airpath from what I've read too. I'm assuming the air that enters those side vents doesn't pass through electronics or anything.

It gives a good hit and is pretty convenient to use. Gonna take it to Canada to vape some hashish. I really like the ability to swap out 18650's.
Hi, I'm glad to know you acquired a Xmax Starry 4 and to know you noticed the initial taste/smell to be gone pretty fast, you will appreciate the extra power for full hasch extraction!
no puffing needed- do 3sessions - 5min burn-out at max temp at 464f using empty bowl/ back to back sessions . if still there try then 1/4 of weed bowl at 360f , then full bowl at 380f.
farts should be gone.
if you do hash, use some vap cotton and make cotton/hash/cotton sandwich to soak up the resin that can clog those oven holes. clean it soon afterwards while still warm with an iso-soaked q-tip, holding the unit upside down position to prevent dirty sticky iso from going into the machine's oven holes. it's the conservative way to add life to your machine by keeping it clean.
Thank you for the help you provided. I just want to inform a single max temp burn-off is enough, I read somewhere somebody who did 10x10mn burn-offs and quasi-broken his device... As well I think to let the device overnight in a vented area, lid off, to be a more efficient way (paired with a burn-off and a quick iso wipe), best regards!

seedy53

Hi, I'm glad to know you acquired a Xmax Starry 4 and to know you noticed the initial taste/smell to be gone pretty fast, you will appreciate the extra power for full hasch extraction!

Thank you for the help you provided. I just want to inform a single max temp burn-off is enough, I read somewhere somebody who did 10x10mn burn-offs and quasi-broken his device... As well I think to let the device overnight in a vented area, lid off, to be a more efficient way (paired with a burn-off and a quick iso wipe), best regards!
sorry, i did not mean to give misinformation
the 3 x 5min is for people who are extremely sensitive to machine oil smell.
regarding new vaps, i personally do 2-3 min burn-offs after iso cleaning it.
also, i always clean hash and concentrates in any electric dhv oven bowls in the upside-down position.
just trying to share how i have done it or how others say they do it, successfully. i'll refrain from offering these methods in the future, to be safe.

BabyFacedFinster

also, i always clean hash and concentrates in any electric dhv oven bowls in the upside-down position.
just trying to share how i have done it or how others say they do it, successfully. i'll refrain from offering these methods in the future, to be safe.
I appreciated your suggestions. I think doing a couple reasonable burn offs is a pretty common thing.
Doing 10, 10 min burn offs on high power is just being stupid.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I appreciated your suggestions. I think doing a couple reasonable burn offs is a pretty common thing.
Doing 10, 10 min burn offs on high power is just being stupid.
Yes but sometimes we do stupid things... My intention was only to advertise not to do excessive burn-offs.

By the way I noticed your Starry 4 recommendations in Reddit VaporEnts, thank you for the warm support @seedy53 , it's deeply appreciated!

I have to confess I'm using more my Starry 4 than all my others devices, I found the dosing caps to add another level to the Starry's concept, by keeping the chamber sparkly clean the taste is drastically improved, and the convenience is so... convenient!

Thank you for putting the trigger on the Xmax Starry 4, hope you will appreciate as much as myself!

olysh pops

The starry 4 is great for hash. Maybe would be good xmax makes a specific capsule for hash. One with a little different form factor maybe…and holes on the side instead on the botton

Thank you for the suggestion, I think the idea of side located holes is nice but will need engineering in order the air can pass between the ceramic wall and the caps to enter in WITHOUT to bypass the load by going straight to the mouthpiece between the wall and the caps... To avoid it we would get the bottom wide slightly recessed. I will inform the R&D Team though...

Good idea, personnaly I usually open the lid after a couple of hits in order to break the pancake in (although I'm using mostly low quality bubble hasch or traditional moroccan hasch.

By the past our good friend at Vapefiend in UK asked for a Resin capsule for their own version of the Starry, the Spirit. The caps is still available here: https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/storm-vaporizers/products/spirit-resin-capsule or here: https://www.vaporisateur.net/access...orisation-des-resines-spirit-et-starry-2.html
Like you can see the caps get a recessed bottom, and I used the one I have like you did but using hemp fibers (like you I found natural coton to get a faint taste), if I took care not to load too much I could have to replace it every 3 or 4 sessions. And by being below the caps bottom, this is kept me away to get the hasch glued onto the coton/hem fibers.

Sad to know, thank you to keep us informed though... but peoples usually post when they decide to buy a device... Not an issue though ;)

Or you could imagine two rods in the capsule to hold the hash and let the air pass, a little, on the narrower sides of the capsule .. Something like this :

Capsule with 2 rods inside

hash-hold-by-rods.jpg

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

This thing works well. It's gonna be a good travel vape. I like that the fIavor of your herb is preserved for the first few hits. I've been running it at 360 and finishing off at 380.

think having a good brush around will be helpful to keep the bowl clean. Definitely needs a quick wipe out after every use. I'm thinking a little cap for the mouthpiece will help keep odor down. I'm gonna try those little silicone caps they put on cart mouthpieces.

I want to review the thread here when I have time. I'm guessing a moderate pack is helpful as with any conduction device.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
This thing works well. It's gonna be a good travel vape. I like that the fIavor of your herb is preserved for the first few hits. I've been running it at 360 and finishing off at 380.

think having a good brush around will be helpful to keep the bowl clean. Definitely needs a quick wipe out after every use. I'm thinking a little cap for the mouthpiece will help keep odor down. I'm gonna try those little silicone caps they put on cart mouthpieces.

I want to review the thread here when I have time. I'm guessing a moderate pack is helpful as with any conduction device.
Thank you for sharing your appreciation of the Xmax Starry 4, I was impressed how the taste was improved on that version of the Starry. I suggest you to try the dosing caps, personnally, it's mandatory, I never quit home without my Starry 4 and a full 5 preloaded dosing caps container!
After 3 months of daily use, I used iso and cotton buds to clean the hash stains from the oven walls and the half-clogged screen.
The airflow and heating power have improved, and the Starry feels like new :)

Starry-oven-cleaned.jpg
Impressive! You didn't even used dosing caps, isn't it?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
For 420 we offer WORLWIDE FREE SHIPPING for 50$ or more basket, no code required. It's not so much but we don't want to interfere on our dear Retailers 420 promotions.

Look at xmaxvaporizer.com if you need to get items/accessories unavailable in your country!

ps: Sorry for the double post, feel free to merge the posts if required.

olysh pops

Impressive! You didn't even used dosing caps, isn't it?
I use dosing capsules in which I place a little vape wool on the bottom, then hash and vape wool on top, so as not to dirty the oven too much.

For better air circulation, I leave a little space on the 2 narrowest sides of the capsule, so the draw is more comfortable and the vaporization of the material is always effective.

Starry-dosing-caps.jpg

I like the high temperatures of the Starry and its conduction heating system, it's an efficient classic hash vaporizer.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Greetings!..
Is that offer on? Tried adding stuff to cart and got no free shipping at checkout.
Xmax website still says: “worldwide shipping on single orders over $200!” ?
I think it's not yet available, try again in a few hours or tomorrow, it will be updated very soon!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: 420pt
Top Bottom