• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Wychwood Vaporizers UK Log Vape

Bvapst

(now on the list for a HI!:wave:) Gotta get me some glass stems from Alan too.
Hey cheesy.
I've been in the same boat 1 year a half ago. Couldn't get a HI cause of the waiting lit, so I had the chance to order a WW just right before he "disappear". I loved it directly and was just so excited to get the HI (this now finally happened :p)

A few months before to get my HI I broke my only glass stem for the WW and couldn't use it then... As soon as I got Hi glass-stem, I tried with WW but they aren't the same diameter ! It is working btw, simply the SS core doesn't get inside and just sit on the glass. Note : those glass stem are for the glasscore (hibrid) and thus probably not the same diameter as SS core.
Check with Alan before so ;)

CheeseSandwich

@Bvapst
Thanks for the heads up :) I may just buy some more silicone tubing as it works great so far. I Was just hoping to use glass to see the difference in taste etc...

CheeseSandwich,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Check out Underdog Aromatherapy I've been told the "simple Glass Stems" which are glass with a silicone bowl will work with the Wychwood, They also sell thick and thin walled silicone tubing to make your own all-silicone stem. Hope this Helps ya.

:leaf:

CheeseSandwich

Check out Underdog Aromatherapy I've been told the "simple Glass Stems" which are glass with a silicone bowl will work with the Wychwood, They also sell thick and thin walled silicone tubing to make your own all-silicone stem. Hope this Helps ya.

:leaf:
That's what I'm using now is just a glass stem with silicone bowl and a lil' silicone on the other end, then jammed into a 18mm/18mm male adapter. It's working great :) I've found some silicone & 10 mm glass tubing on ebay so I may just grab that and make my own. :tup:

CheeseSandwich,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Hey cheesy.
I've been in the same boat 1 year a half ago. Couldn't get a HI cause of the waiting lit, so I had the chance to order a WW just right before he "disappear". I loved it directly and was just so excited to get the HI (this now finally happened :p)

A few months before to get my HI I broke my only glass stem for the WW and couldn't use it then... As soon as I got Hi glass-stem, I tried with WW but they aren't the same diameter ! It is working btw, simply the SS core doesn't get inside and just sit on the glass. Note : those glass stem are for the glasscore (hibrid) and thus probably not the same diameter as SS core.
Check with Alan before so ;)

My stainless steel heater cover is about 9.5mm (3/8") and my glass heater cover is almost 10mm. If your glass stem fits over the glass heater cover but not the WW core tube, then it must be 10mm rather than 3/8". Silicone tubing sounds like your best bet. Please be aware than not all silicone is created equal. Medical grade will not give off an odor at high temps like industrial grade can. Silcon brand is what I have found to work well. 3/8" ss screens will almost work with the 10mm glass tubing but they may be slightly too small. If you hammer them flat, they will fit perfectly into the silicone.

Rab

So the normal glass stems from UD definitely won't work? They look so pretty and I am sick of silicone -.-

I miss the feeling of slotting a nice loaded glass bowl onto the element :(

Rab,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Standard 'lock on' stems for the Hammer vaporizer seem to run a mm or so larger than the UD gongs that i have. Don't know for sure but could be worth a try if you have access to one.

Just a thought since if i had a WW I'd sure want to use it too.

:peace: and Good Luck.

u bwade wunner

So the normal glass stems from UD definitely won't work? They look so pretty and I am sick of silicone -.-

Measure the exact diameter of the heat port and report back....that's the distance outside to outside of the heat port.if you have a vernier calliper even better.then it will be easier to help You.:)

u bwade wunner,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

I just tested my Gen 1 Wychwood (not sure if he made changes after the first models) with our glass stems and they are too small to fit over the center tube. Our Nylon Stems also don't fit as they are slightly too large to fit inside the center tube. :2c:

delta 9

My wychwood came with a 2 piece glass and silicone stem that looks the 13mm 2-Piece Glass Roasting Tube, on the toasty top website, measurements seem to match up too,
I have been thinking of ordering one as a spare in case of breakage , couldnt go for long without the wychwood and the silicone is just not the same as glass.

banana_republic

My wychwood came with a (...) stem that looks the 13mm 2-Piece Glass Roasting Tube, on the toasty top website, (...)
I have been thinking of ordering one as a spare in case of breakage (...)

I believe you'll come back here to tell us you've had success (fingers crossed on my side) on your try with the WW using those TT tubes, won't you? ;)

I still have the long glass tube that came with the WW and this works very nicely with water, but I already broke the GonG adapter. I almost never use pure silicone stems

Sometimes I use those silicone (Stainless Steel tip) Woodez stems with the WW as well, but they are quite small and reach too far into the heater, maybe a bit too hot for me...

Cheers!

banana_republic,

Bvapst

Yes it should be the one ! 13mm 2 piece or 13mm u-tube version. The WW heater core should measure around 10mm.
My WW just barely get in my WCT (10mm tube). The wall is too fat so the heater cover kiss the lip inside the glass tube.
Anyhow, I'll email alan to feed some VAAS and to treat right my WW.

fidget

Any suggestion for a new power supply (UK)?
Wouldn't mind variable voltage.
Thanks

fidget,

u bwade wunner

Thanks

Contact Dave @underdog who might ship to the UK.the underdog vape uses the same power supply and Dave also sells a regulator and necessary cables to use with his power supply to give You VV....

otherwise look on Ebay.many psus available for a few pounds each.

Specs You are looking for : UK pattern plug of course,220/240V x 12V x 1A ..You will need the correct plug to suit WW.The plug to suit youre WW should be 5.5 x2.1 or 5.5 x 2.5 should work also all these specs are usually in the description of the sale.

Instead of ebay You may want go to a maplin store and buy a power supply off the shelf with a warranty.

Try to buy a regulated supply if You can .it will supply steady safer 12V .

I usually buy a 1.5A version.its a slighly larger brick that handles the power a little better.

thats Your 12V sorted .that will allow You to vape again at 12v...next step will be to add a regulator to give You VV.

If You want VV contact @VoltageKeeper thread here on FC to make You a variable voltage regulator.You use the regulator with youre new power supply to achieve VV.then later on if your power supply fails you just buy a cheap power supply..he can even make you a battery pack so You can take youre WW out and about.the VR can also be used in a car with the right cable.

otherwise any tattoo supply 0-15v will work for a variable voltage supply but You will need to make cables to adapt to youre WW.

FYI, the WW,HI,Aromazap,Underdog,,hot pod,Purple days all use the same rated power suppy.

there is a good FC thread re log power supplies here if You fancy learning a little more about powering youre log.

try not to run youre WW any higher than 13V as it could reduce its lifespan.I run my HI at 11V.its very efficient.

best of luck.

Last edited:

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Thanks

I have a wychwood or should I say my son has nicked it off me but It runs off a variable power supply I got at maplin for about 90 quid with a digital display, runs all day at 12.8v very well

RastaVapa,

Rab

Thanks

I break my chargers all the time because I keep dropping the log. My heating element is a bit flimsy now but seems to work fine. Bit worried if it breaks because I am not fully sure how to open the thing up.
I usually look on the plug and try to get the same AC adapter. You don't have to go out of your way to order it from abroad or anything. As long as you have your input/output/voltages etc right.
Dave @underdog as said is very helpful and informative though. I lost an email of his about a stem months ago during a massive powercut -,- So I am still getting by with my 3 year old broken glass/silicone combination stem xD
I still feel very fortunate to have one of these babies. It is a wonderful vape. Maybe I will have an UD or a TT of my very own to compare this summer. :)
Definitely a lovely magical element to these little log vapes.
I commend the men and women who make them.

RastaVapa

Manufacturer
The wychwood packed up after about 3 years of constantly on, often being bumped up to higher voltages but the resistor seems hard for me to get in rohs certified unless I get it from abroad so I used a 24v 3d printer SS heater 6mm diameter which is RoHs and after soldering it back in it works even better and pulls around the same current at 12v so must be around the 25 Ohm mark.

Just thought I would mention it as the resisters don't last forever and SS heaters are easily found :leaf:

placetime

The wychwood packed up after about 3 years of constantly on, often being bumped up to higher voltages but the resistor seems hard for me to get in rohs certified unless I get it from abroad so I used a 24v 3d printer SS heater 6mm diameter which is RoHs and after soldering it back in it works even better and pulls around the same current at 12v so must be around the 25 Ohm mark.

Just thought I would mention it as the resisters don't last forever and SS heaters are easily found :leaf:
Could you give more info about that SS heater you used? Thanks!!

placetime,

RastaVapa

Manufacturer
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271825419785?ru=http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=271825419785&_rdc=1

Hope I aint broke any forum rules with links but that's the very one just choose 24v 30w and it works a dream at 12v, plus its RoHs compliant.

But I suppose any 24v 3d printer heater will work it was this one is 6mm diameter and gives a good airflow around it......

Hope that helps yah man....

you will have to remove the red insulation and solder or crimp your wires to it ...

underdog

Manufacturer
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271825419785?ru=http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=271825419785&_rdc=1

Hope I aint broke any forum rules with links but that's the very one just choose 24v 30w and it works a dream at 12v, plus its RoHs compliant.

But I suppose any 24v 3d printer heater will work it was this one is 6mm diameter and gives a good airflow around it......

Hope that helps yah man....

you will have to remove the red insulation and solder or crimp your wires to it ...

You're using the 24v one RastaVapa but running it at 12v? Glad to hear it's working out for you.

RastaVapa

Manufacturer
You're using the 24v one RastaVapa but running it at 12v? Glad to hear it's working out for you.

I originally ordered the 24v because I run a 20v variable psu and thought it might be good for playing around with and it just so happens to be perfect at 12v , 0.6amp which is around 20ohm if my ohms law is still ok its been a long time since I did my electronic apprenticeship , but this was not worked out prior to ordering I will add totally fluke lol.........

I got to say flavour seems better and a more even extraction but it could just be my imagination or forgetting how the log tasted when it was new.

I re glued the leather back on and buffed her up again and my son is using it as we speak.

underdog

Manufacturer
I originally ordered the 24v because I run a 20v variable psu and thought it might be good for playing around with and it just so happens to be perfect at 12v , 0.6amp which is around 20ohm if my ohms law is still ok its been a long time since I did my electronic apprenticeship , but this was not worked out prior to ordering I will add totally fluke lol.........

I got to say flavour seems better and a more even extraction but it could just be my imagination or forgetting how the log tasted when it was new.

I re glued the leather back on and buffed her up again and my son is using it as we speak.

Ah, gotcha.. that makes sense and your ohms law seems spot on. Sounds like a great repair/upgrade. :tup:

Top Bottom