Wow, the lovely world of herbal tinctures..

Nosferatu

I just visited my local herbal store where I bought 4 tinctures. They are all vegetable glycerin based. You take them sublingualy. It really made me realize cannabis is just one of the many amazing and healthy herbs to use. Here are the ones I bought.

Passion Flower Extract: After about 30 seconds of using it you feel relaxed and almost giddy and happy. Great for anti anxiety.

Skullcap: This one is best for anti anxiety though, it makes you very relaxed and warm feeling, good for work because you dont mind tedious tasks as much.

Valerian Root: This is the cure for insomnia. Take half a dropper ten minutes before bed and you will sleep like a rock. Dont expect to remember your dreams though.

Mugwort: This one is suppose to cause you to have lucid dreams. I have never experienced lucid dreaming in my life, at least not that I can remember. The first night I took this I just had very detailed dreams I could remember. But the second night I tried it, OMG, I had a real lucid dream. Its like nothing I could explain. I was suddenly in a Venice like city and in my dream, for the first time in my life, I realized I was dreaming and could control myself. I remembered I had taken mugwort and that I was dreaming. So I decided to try flying, and all I can say is WOW. It felt so damn real, so detailed. I was flying over this beutiful old city, I could feel the wind and the energy holding me up.

So I just discovered the wonderful world of herbal tinctures. I thought they hardly effect you, but of the four I tried they are very amazing, you feel the effects as much as a pill(gross). I am most excited by mugwort though, i will take it nightly for a while and see what I can get done in my sleep, I am so excited to finally have felt a lucid dream because I have tried to for a while. Anyone who wants to improve their lives I suggest buying some of these cheap yet effective, and completely naturrally tinctures. Having used a cannabis based glycerin tincture, It really makes me excited to know cannabis is now just one of the great herbs I will use. Not to mention these are great for T'-Breaks, if you need a little head change to stop you from starting up ye old vaporizer.

Nosferatu,
How much of each tincture did you administer to get said effects? What state are you in or what kind of shop can you buy the tinctures at?

biojuggernaut,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
i started making all kinds of herbal pills and tinctures for that reason. they are powerful! chamomile is my favorite. very relaxing as well.
valerian root is great, but smells and tastes like feet dipped in ass. how did you choke it down? i always pill that stuff.

kava kava is one of my favorites too.

herbgirl,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
pakalolo, if you have ever smelled the rankness that is Valerian root, you would agree with me. it's amazing to me that anyone even attempted to put this root in their mouth and figured out the properties eons ago. No wonder we synthesized valium out of it.
it's really an amazing herb though. the flower, usually sold as annual heliotrope with a pretty purple flower has one of the most intoxicating aromas in all the garden. like vanilla honey.

OO, You must have some of that west coast valerian lol. here in bodymore murdaland, (peoples republic of Maryland) it tastes like feet dipped in ass. or i shall assume that since i have never actually tasted feet dipped in ass, it is merely speculation. either way valerian root TASTES HORRIBLE. pick your random most horrible tasting thing (offal, haggis, rat soup - whatever) and you can bet valerian tastes just like that.

herbgirl,

Nosferatu

Yeah Valerian smells unspeakable. But my tintcure doesnt taste too bad. I'm in CA but I'm sure you can get them anywhere. I'll have to try Kava Kava then it seems. Herbgirl, do they have loose leaf versions of these for burning, kinda like sage?

Nosferatu,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
you can find just about any herb you cold ever want on the interwebs

this is the place i order from most - tons of good info and tutorials
http://www.bulkherbstore.com/

http://www.starwest-botanicals.com/
this is another good site

and the one a lot of herbalists use
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

this site for the more psychotropically minded - never ordered from these guys, but i've heard good things.
http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/

if you do get kava, get the powder unless you are tincturing at home- it is more easily blended and you will get more out of it or you can just stuff it in a capsule if you choose.

passionflower may be harder to find, but skulcap, mugwort and valerian are all pretty common.

just remember that they are all powerful plant sedatives - research what you choose to combine to ensure no bad reactions or over doses. and as always - herbs are often subtle but powerful medicines, please be careful!

herbgirl,

Nosferatu

Thanks herbgirl! And I just wanted to say if you wanna cut down on THC consumption, these really help. I just had a cup of Damiana tea and I have to stop hitting the LB because I have such a head change already. Same with my tinctures, they are all a little intoxicating, subtle yet amazing feelings.

Nosferatu,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
herbgirl said:
either way valerian root TASTES HORRIBLE. pick your random most horrible tasting thing (offal, haggis, rat soup - whatever) and you can bet valerian tastes just like that.

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
Aboon them a' ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye wordy of a grace
As lang's my arm.

(Rabbie Burns, 1786)

Come on Herbgirl, I have to interject and defend my adopted country's national dish! :lol: It gets such bad press. Haggis can in no way resemble anything that resembles feet dipped in ass, or be associated with rat soup :(

As an Englishman, I did have some troubles intially with my acceptance of haggis. I enjoy black pudding, which I gather also has a feared reputation in the States (so the Simpsons informs me), but the leap to haggis and the extra organs was too much. But now, living in the Highlands with a good Scottish woman, I have come to appreciate its virtues on a winters evening. It's tasty and delicately spiced, and in large part whole grain goodness. I have it maybe a dozen times a year, often stuffed into a chickens breast (chicken balmoral).

It's nice. Just as long as you don't over analyse what you're eating :uhoh:.

But hey, I come from a moral position of utilising all the animal (and not just for pet food and fertilizer ) :lol: It's kind of wholesome compared to a lot of factory processed foods and mechanically recovered meat- the butcher can at least testify exactly what went into stuffing that stomach (except for his secret spice blend).

So give it a go (I don't expect to convince anyone), and I bet you'll choose it over the Valerian roots or assey feet :D

OK, so enough slander of the poor defenseless wee haggis; back to feet, ass and valerian roots.... :lol:

WatTyler,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
right on Wat. I had no intent to offend. I've never even had haggis, but let's face it - it sounds really gross. come on, it's oatmeal and stomach :) but i'll take your word for it, it does sound like something for a cold day and the minimal processing is a big bonus, i agree.

i have Pennsylvania dutch roots and I sometimes eat a lovely collection of cornmeal and itty bitty organ pieces (dear lord don't ever put the CHUNKY kind in front of me), spiced then formed into a cube, chilled, sliced into thin slices, dredged in flour, then fried crisp in butter. it's called scrapple (for obvious reasons - it's offal), some areas make a variation called livermush. and yes, you don't over analyze. i ate this stuff as a kid, fully knowing what it was from about the age of five, Dad told me that it was everything but the oink.

funny thing is that i could never even entertain the idea of sweetbreads or headcheese, or liverwurst yet i fully support the philosophy of using the whole animal. i still cringe when i pull the giblets from the bird tho.

>>>>sorry for the interruption - carry on :)>>>>>>>>>>

herbgirl,

VapMonkey

If you like mugwort I recommend Calea zacatechichi, it's also a dream herb. It's about as effective as mugwort.
I've tried mixing the two in a vape and tried smoking the mix and the effect on my dreams was amazing, they were so vivid and the colours so vibrant.
I do prefer mugwort, but I can't say it's definitely more effective.

Valerian on the other hand I use almost daily to get to sleep, you can buy it in pill form just at the supermarket or pharmacy. It's a great sleep aid, but I build up tolerance fast. I've tried a tincture before and it was MUCH more potent.

Never had luck with passionflower. I've tried many many different herbs but my favourites remain Dagga, calea, skullcap, mugwort and cheledonium majus.

VapMonkey,
herbgirl love scrapple too,just dont think of whats in it. I think its a local thing ,PA,DE,VA,MD. Friends in NC never heard of

p

vettesnvapor,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
vettesnvapor, Years ago, passing through Boone NC, we stopped and ate at a restaurant called Knight's on Main. One of their specialties was livermush (i believe that this is the southern equivalent of scrapple). I wasn't brave enough to try it, but the locals were tearing into it like there was no tomorrow. I remember thinking to myself, "Who would eat something called livermush?" and then i remembered that I eat something called 'scrapple' and decided that livermush sounded more appealing lol.

And Yes, scrapple, as far as I know is a regional thing, nobody else seems to know what it is!

herbgirl,
Top Bottom