Wow! Did this ever happen to anyone?

Summer

Long Island, NY
I took my computer out of hybernation & clicked on my watched thread link & all the threads, except for 1, came up in Chinese, or maybe even Japanese. I closed the window & cleared out my internet cookies & reloaded & it's fine. I remember a couple of others mentioned this happening in passing on their phones.

Summer,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Our mods are doing a great job erasing the posts as fast as they can, but there's just too many robots attacking the site.

It's easy to ban the robots once they have signed up, but the difficult process is blocking them at the front door - that requires an update to the signup process which can only be done by a limited number of people with admin/developer permissions.

Even a simple puzzle like "whats two plus 2" and require the field equal 4 is a good way to break some of these spambots (although the best way would to integrate Google's new Captcha "I am not a robot" systems). Sadly I think only one person on this site has the ability to do anything about this and I'm not certain if they know how or even want to

Last edited by a moderator:
@Summer Those posts are made by Chinese spam bots and it is never going to change because there is no admin here and the 3 mods that exist don't have the privs to do anything to stop it. That's why each manufacturer has only one thread (which is ridiculous) instead of an entire sub-forum. Because they CAN'T change it. If they don't get an admin soon, this forum will eventually be taken down by the hosting company. Most hosting companies do not allow nonadministrative sites and if the hosting company found out how unprotected this forum is, they would shut it down and send a notice to the registrar for the site. I know this because it has happened to me and many others I know in the past. Not a matter of IF, just WHEN. The sad part is, apparently they are going to wait until after the site is shut down to do anything about it. All it would take is one email from a frustrated member to the hosting company and it's all over baby blue. I have to wonder when the last backup was made of this forum and how much data is going to be lost in the crash. Just pray that is the hosting company that takes them down and not a hacker.

Best of luck and kudos to the 3 mods that are trying to keep this site going.

EDIT: Hey mods. I just checked vtac's profile and he logged in last in April 2018 so he (or someone using his account) is still coming around. Even if it is someone just logging in as him, that person could up the privs on the 3 mods so they can upgrade the site.

Let me know if I can offer any assistance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom