Would vaporizing be a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neukarma

Hello,

I'd like to start by thanking the community – it's nice to have a place to read and learn about a topic among pleasant people.

A few weeks ago, I smoked medical cannabis for the very first time. Actually, I don't usually smoke at all – I tried cigarettes once when I was a kid and hated the experience. Years later, nothing has changed. Smoking is for me a very unpleasant thing. I don't appreciate the smell or the taste. Despite the fact that I now smoke everyday using my glass dry pipe, after each hit and for a few minutes, it makes me cough and feel sick. I thought that it would pass,

I know vaporizing is healthier than smoking, but would it take away the cough and nausea?
How does vaporizing feel like? Is it like inhaling air? I guess it would be too good to be true.

Thank you for reading and please accept my apologies regarding my grammar, English is not my native language. :)

Neukarma,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Vaporizing will have the same effects as in smoking, but the way your body feels the effects is somewhat different.

It is like inhaling hot air that smells so good you want to eat it.

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
Vaping can still irritate your airways and make you cough for a few reasons. The heat, the dryness, and the fact that THC is an expectorant (it clears out the lungs). Vapor barely has any of the byproducts you get from smoke, so due to THCs expectorant nature you can expect to cough your first week or two, its your lungs getting the nasties out.

Vapor doesnt feel like air, but its not nearly as harsh as smoke. Nowadays when I vape I only cough from massive hits and Ive noticed that if Ive been smoking lately I do cough more. Another thing you mentioned is your dislike of the taste and smell, when I got a vape I was blown away by the taste and the fact that it barely leaves a scent. The taste of fresh vapor is like smelling your bud with your mouth.

Another thing that may catch you off guard is that the high is very different, you either prefer it or you dont. Hopefully you do so you can be content with your lungs feeling great!:tup:
:2c:

Titamius,

max

Out to lunch
Normally nausea should only be an issue when you first start, if at all. One of the major benefits of Cannabis is preventing nausea. As for coughing, THC is an irritant, so there's no guarantee vaporizing will prevent that. Your best bet is to vaporize using water filtration. Even dry vaping though, is much smoother on the throat and lungs than smoke, especially if you limit the size of your hits.

How does vaporizing feel like? Is it like inhaling air?
Some hits can definitely be mild enough to pass for plain air. Water filtration will smoth out big hits that contain a lot of vapor, and smaller ones can be very mild. All in all, vaping is much kinder to the throat and lungs than smoking.

Titamius said:
it barely leaves a scent
Not necessarily the case for non vaporists. Just like cig smokers don't notice that their clothes smell of tobacco smoke, the noses of others are better suited for detecting vapor. Vapor does have a different odor than smoke, and dissipates quicker.

Another thing that may catch you off guard is that the high is very different, you either prefer it or you dont.
For some it's very different, for others not so much. How much difference there is can also depend on the temp you're using. As for liking it or not, judging vapor too soon can be a big mistake. It's an adjustment, a big one for some, while others take to it right away. Long time smokers, in particular, should give vaporizing a good try, with no smoking mixed in, before making a decision.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just felt this had to be quoted at least once.

edit: I actually chew mine sometimes :haw:
If you can resist the urge to chew, you won't get fat from those delicious vapor calories..... but admitedly it's not as fun.
:peace:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I don't worry to much about getting fat anymore to be honest. I've recently come to terms with the fact that I've reached the age of beer-belly & I'm letting it all hang out.

The odd part is that I rarely even drink beer these days :shrug:

OhTheAgony,

max

Out to lunch
OK Neukarma, did you forget you posted here 5 days ago? Abandoned Ask FC threads get archived pretty quick, so you better remember where we are if you want your responses. ;)

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom