Wispr or Vapor Genie

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSIHP

So after debating internally for almost a few months now I figured it was time to get some professional insight. I am looking to fill the camping/hurricane/festival vape niche in my collection and I have been come down to either the wispr or the VG.

After having the PAX and Solo, the simplicity or the Wispr is perfect for what I like. Click and go, wind proof, cool looking and pretty discrete (i'm a discrete person anyway). The two draw backs (to me) are the fact that I would need to cary a can of butane in the car on camping trips and festivals where it can get pretty hot, and the fact that I could only get 4 or 5 sessions from one fill. I don't mind the filling part, but if I wanted to spend 8-10 hours at music at a festival I would run out of gas pretty quick.

The VG seems awesome and I an not worried about getting the technique down. I like that you can just grab a lighter and bring it around like a regular pipe but I don't like that it it more of a process to vape (something I do not like while at a concert, I like to not think about anything besides the music and I would get very distracted trying to keep the flame perfect). Also, my lady would most likely not use the Genie, she is pretty touchy about "being told how to do things" so having a simple click and go would make us both much happier in the long run.

Well there it is and I can already hear the die-hards saying the most obvious thing, "get both!" you say! But with another electric vape in my future (Ascent or SSV) I can really only get one. What do you guys think?

HSIHP,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
They would both work great for ya, If I were you i'd keep my Lady happy and go with the WISPR . If You decide on a wispr and pick up a new wispr 2 please give us all a review because I can't find one anywhere , all I've heard is that "its Better" . The VG has a lot going for it but it is a teaching experiance when ever you share it with someone new to vaping . Enjoy !

RUDE BOY,

max

Out to lunch
I've used both the wispr and iolite, and for $100 via eBay I'd go with the iolite. IMO the wispr isn't worth $50 more in actual use, but if you like the foldable mouthpiece and visible fuel window it may be worth the extra $ for you.

max,

HSIHP

I've used both the wispr and iolite, and for $100 via eBay I'd go with the iolite. IMO the wispr isn't worth $50 more in actual use, but if you like the foldable mouthpiece and visible fuel window it may be worth the extra $ for you.

Have you traveled with your iolite? My biggest concern is having a can of butane in my car, do you guys think this would turn into a problem? Also, how many sessions do you get out of a full iolite classic?

HSIHP,

JordilaForge

I have a VG and a Pax currently. I ordered the Wispr2 to have some vape available at a festival. The VG is okay, but the learning curve is quite high and frustrating. You cannot really teach anyone how to use it correctly imho. My friends (all smokers) tried it and while the first draws are pretty easy, you'll have a hard time getting good draws out of it after a certain point without burning your material.

I'd vote for the Wispr for the ease of use especially if you plan to share.

JordilaForge,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

max

Out to lunch
Have you traveled with your iolite? My biggest concern is having a can of butane in my car, do you guys think this would turn into a problem?
I don't think butane raises suspicions with law enforcement. You could always put a cheap refillable lighter in your glove box.

Also, how many sessions do you get out of a full iolite classic?
How long is a session? It's one of those 'hard to quantify' deals. I always topped mine off at every opportunity and never really tried to keep track.

HSIHP

I don't think butane raises suspicions with law enforcement. You could always put a cheap refillable lighter in your glove box.

How long is a session? It's one of those 'hard to quantify' deals. I always topped mine off at every opportunity and never really tried to keep track.

I didn't mean trouble with the law, I just meant keeping a container of flammable gas in a hot car could have it's dangers.

I get what you mean how a session is hard to quantify, but lets say I pack the iolite bowl maybe half full and finish it in two sessions. How many half-full packs would you get before the gas runs out?

HSIHP,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I've taken my wispr on a few long weekends and enjoyed it very much. I understand the concern about leaving a can of butane in a hot car I had the same thought but they don't deliver it to stores in a refer truck so I assumed it would be safe , I don't leave it in the sun . I also found some smaller cans more travel size that made packing it away easier . I do like the design of the wispr better then the IO the mouth piece is much easier to deal with imo although more often then not i don't fold it over but take it off and pocket it . personally I just like the way the wispr feels in my hand and the ability to set it down and not have it fall over or laying it down Like an IO . but an IO is much more pocket frendly in its shape and I've been told with the V2 they now work really well . With my old IO 4-5 sessions is the norm my WISPR 5-6 not really that much difference . on another note my WISPR takes the Herb to a very dark brown almost spent AVB my Iolite only takes it to very light brown more a beige tint avb. When i'm out and about I'd much rather get the most outta my herb vapin' it .

EDIT: my sessions run from 5 to 8 minutes most of the time . if that helps .

EDIT EDIT: for hurricanes and power outtages if possible having a VG and a few bics stashed away can be a good thing .

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: HSIHP

SD_haze

Blah I wrote a long response but my browser crashed & didn't recover :mad:
I'll keep my :2c: short then:

RE: Vaporgenie
Also, my lady would most likely not use the Genie, she is pretty touchy about "being told how to do things" so having a simple click and go would make us both much happier in the long run.
I have personal experience trying to teach the vaporgenie to a girlfriend who does not like being told how to do things and she never, ever got vapor. Only smoke. She blamed the device :disgust:

RE: Iolite/WISPR
-To maximize the amount of "high" per butane fill-up, try to source some kief or concentrates. The iolite works great with kief because of the high surface area, but you can get fine particles of hash too.
-If you have zero experience with butane devices or filling up butane devices, then you might want to pick up a butane torch lighter first. Getting the hang of it with a $5-10 device is a lot safer than $100+, because you can cause some damage with improper use (example of that would be using the device immediately after fill-up because you want the butane to warm up a bit).

SD_haze,

HSIHP

Blah I wrote a long response but my browser crashed & didn't recover :mad:
I'll keep my :2c: short then:

RE: Vaporgenie

I have personal experience trying to teach the vaporgenie to a girlfriend who does not like being told how to do things and she never, ever got vapor. Only smoke. She blamed the device :disgust:

RE: Iolite/WISPR
-To maximize the amount of "high" per butane fill-up, try to source some kief or concentrates. The iolite works great with kief because of the high surface area, but you can get fine particles of hash too.
-If you have zero experience with butane devices or filling up butane devices, then you might want to pick up a butane torch lighter first. Getting the hang of it with a $5-10 device is a lot safer than $100+, because you can cause some damage with improper use (example of that would be using the device immediately after fill-up because you want the butane to warm up a bit).

Thanks for the awesome response. Yeah, I would much rather my lady be happy so we can both get vaped with no hassle. This was a huge part for me as I would feel guilty being the only one who could successfully use the vape.

Living in a non-medical state it is hard to get concentrates but i usually pre-grind before a trip and I could just collect the keif from that rather than hold onto it for my MFLB. I do have some experience with butane lighters (years ago) so I don't think I'll have a problem filling the WISPR.

As of now, it looks like I'm going to go with the WISPR, even though I was 100% for the VG about 4 days ago :D. It looks like this summer I won't be at any huge festivals so where ever I go it won't be more than a 10 min. walk back to camp and I can deal with that for refilling, I tent to walk back and forth more than I plan to any way. I also think I'll take the WISPR over the classic Io simply because it looks cooler and When I used an classic IO before it got way to hot for my liking.

Thanks for the help guys and I'm still open to more opinions! I like to cover all my bases. :rockon:

HSIHP,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

placetime

I know you said you can't afford to get both, but did you notice that the vaporgenie coil is only $35? Seems like most people don't prefer the coil as a main vape, but it makes for a great backup, imho. :2c:
:peace:

placetime,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom