Will this Power Inverter work in my car?

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Is it dangerous to have an exposed ceramic heater in a moving car ???? ... Hmmm, it could be right... Will you put a seat belt to your SSV? :D

Don't you ever get random driver's police control in the US? I mean, even if you are in a medical state, you are not allowed to drive under the influence right? :D Not that I'm criticizing the "vape & drive" part (which I daily do), only the fact the SSV isn't the most discrete vaporizer for that purpose, nor the safer (glass & exposed ceramic heater):

"Yes Officer, I always carry my SSV in the car during winter, it heats up the car faster then anything else!"
"Yes Officer this whip is for my asthmatic condition... this is eucalyptus phyto-inhalation!"

FLskwat,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
I appreciate the input on what a cop would probably think, but that's something that I would have to deal with.

I'm wondering if I can use the vape in the car without it harming my fuses/battery.

Shipwreck,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
With a good AC-DC Inverter it should work, no problems!
I don't know that specific one but on the paper it looks ok!

FLskwat,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
To answer your question directly - Yes it should work.

One time (Only once) have I had my SSV in my car with me for a demo. The car was parked, but I had it running to generate enough current through the alternator. Long story short, IT WORKS!! (And wonderfully I might add)

It was a little cumbersome having to try to rest the SSV on the dash while hitting it and having a noob hit it as well, but the power inverter worked as advertised. I often use one to keep my MFLB batteries charged as well.

AGBeer,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
Will my car have to be running to use the vape?

If not how long of a go do you think the ssv will last on a battery that is just on?

Shipwreck,

Frickr

Shipwreck said:

If not how long of a go do you think the ssv will last on a battery that is just on?

depends on the state of your battery and size of it. if you have a brand new 800cca deepcycle battery it will last quite alot longer then am old 500cca compact car battery. by no means will it drain your battery instantly. you should be able to have a few 10 min sessions no problem.
on my small honda battery i can have mine on for over an hour and have no problem cranking it over. if your battery starts getting a little low crank your car on for around a half hour to charge it back up.

Frickr,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Shipwreck said:

Car won't 'have' to be on, but the battery will run dry pretty quick I would assume. The thing with car batterys, is that the accessories, radio, vape, etc, will continue to run, even when the battery is low enough that it won;t be able to start the car. so If it gets to that point, you could still vape, but youd be stuck in a parking lot...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Nosferatu

I use my LSV in the car all the time which I assume uses the EXACT same power as the SSV. I use this thing:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CyberPo...18181054983&skuId=9812309&st=ac car&cp=1&lp=1

I doubt my car has the best battery but Ive seshed with only the battery on for like 15 minutes and the car still started. Just start the car every ten minutes or so to be safe. I would have the engine running when you first turn on the SSV to full power then shut the car off, I learned that is necessary because of the LSV's indicator light, it just flashes if the engines not on when I first start it. Since the SSV doesn't have the light I would do the same just to be safe.

Nosferatu,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
Thank you guys SO Much for your input!

I'm getting mixed input from GC right now.
Some people are also telling me that by using a power inverter in my car could HIGHLY risk the chance of me blowing my fuses/destroying my cigarette lighter outlet.

Now what are the chances that this sort of thing would happen?

Shipwreck,

B.

War Criminal
I was once faced with a 10 hour solo road trip, and my only option was ssv or combust. I had it on most of the trip, it rested on the floor and I fed the whip thru thr bottom of a mcdonalds cup, and pulled it up thru the lid so it looked like a straw. No ill effect on the car, but if i'd been pulled over it woulda been a hard contraption to explain.

Had I known then what I know now I woulda just gotten a launch box.

B.,

max

Out to lunch
Some people are also telling me that by using a power inverter in my car could HIGHLY risk the chance of me blowing my fuses/destroying my cigarette lighter outlet.
The SSV uses 25W at max temp, so just make sure the converter you're using is OK with that. As long as you match up the electrical requirements, you'll be fine.

max,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
max said:
The SSV uses 25W at max temp, so just make sure the converter you're using is OK with that. As long as you match up the electrical requirements, you'll be fine.

I thought that the SSV uses 49W.

Or does da buddha use more energy because somebody told me that it runs at that wattage so I assumed that the silver surfer would use the same components.

Shipwreck,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I would think all 7th floor products draw the same wattage since they all use the same heating element. Like Max said, 25w is what it says underneath my DBV.

aesthyrian,

max

Out to lunch
Shipwreck said:
I thought that the SSV uses 49W.

Or does da buddha use more energy because somebody told me that it runs at that wattage so I assumed that the silver surfer would use the same components.
Both vapes are identical electrically (heating element as well), and regardless of any number you might see on the unit, they use 25W at full power (+ .25W for the LED). This info came straight from Steve (7th Floor owner).

max,
http://www.powerbright.com/XR100-12.html

I'm trying to find out if the silver surfer would be able to run in my car with a 12v dc outlet by using this product.

Will it be dangerous to use the silver surfer using it?

Can someone please help me find the right adapter for using the SSV in my car? Thank you guys i realize this might be a old post but i cant seem to find which one to work with, i realize the SSV uses 25w at max so i want to get the right cord

laugingsodreamy12,
Top Bottom