will anybody smoke in 50 years?

• yes

Votes: 47 72.3%
  • no

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters

kellya86

Herb gardener...
UK laws are changing. cps will not prosecute for less than 9 plants. And police have clearly stated they no longer have the resources to go after small time personal grows. Not aloud to talk about cultivation here but this is the way forward. Take it out of the hands of the criminals.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
lol'ing @ old bill part ^ :lol:
I signed that petition a couple of weeks ago..
I'm not holding my breath, but I am keeping my fingers crossed :tup:

Last edited:
Pyr0,
Reactions: NorVape

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hmm didn't think of it like that. I don't feel like a criminal. Prettty sure i dont look like a criminal. No more than I'm made to feel like a criminal for having it anyway.
They wouldn't use the petition to gain intelligence. They would use forum sites like these. And I'm sure they do. Probably more cultivation forums.
All I want from this debate is the right to grow 3 or 4 plants In my home, for myself, without fear or being raided.
This has gone off topic now.

Last edited:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Hmm didn't think of it like that. I don't feel like a criminal. Prettty sure i dont look like a criminal. No more than I'm made to feel like a criminal for having it anyway.
Yup. last time I looked in the mirror, I saw a decent, hard working, tax paying citizen - not a criminal.

Not sure what the muppets in the house of commons see!

hey ho, home time, think I'll go down the pub, drink 10 pints of Stella then go home to beat the wife and kick the cats! :rofl:

BigJohnny

UK laws are changing. cps will not prosecute for less than 9 plants. And police have clearly stated they no longer have the resources to go after small time personal grows. Not aloud to talk about cultivation here but this is the way forward. Take it out of the hands of the criminals.

Sorry mate but that's simply not true, people are still getting prosecuted for possession, let alone growing. Under 9 plants carries a recommended fine or community order, which is still a prosecution.

A couple of police chiefs have said they are not going to actively seek small time growers, but most people aren't busted because they police have done their job, it's because of bad luck... a workman spotting your grow, police attending your property on an unrelated matter, being grassed, getting caught with weed on you and the police getting a warrant.

It's a lottery where you live as well.

BigJohnny,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yes I'm not saying it's legal but it's definately in the process of change. More and more police chiefs will follow suit. You can stil be prosecuted but will not get a custodial sentence for any less than 9 plants providing you have no cash, scales, or firearms. This was put into effect in 2012.

kellya86,

BigJohnny

Yes I'm not saying it's legal but it's definately in the process of change. More and more police chiefs will follow suit. You can stil be prosecuted but will not get a custodial sentence for any less than 9 plants providing you have no cash, scales, or firearms. This was put into effect in 2012.

Yeah most custodial sentences have aggravating circumstances... nicking electricity is a common one! I was just making the point that if you do get caught, you are going to get a conviction, but that doesn't mean a custodial sentence.

I think we may be pushing the boundaries of the rules here regarding cultivation talk, so I'm out. I'm going to go and have another look at the concentrate picture that are making me drool with envy.

BigJohnny,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Getting back to the subject - smoking is really restricted as to where you smoke, in certain areas of the United States.

Smoking seems to be more accepting in the Southern States. I'm pretty sure the folks in Louisiana and Texas aren't restricted if they want to smoke in a park. I'm not a smoker so it doesn't affect me.

If I want to vaporize on some trail and not by children at some park I want to be free to do that. We need to be careful that folks that vaporize won't be lumped in with the smokers.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@CarolKing I don't know if you travel to the EU much, the current situation is bizarre.

UK - Lucky if you can smoke in your own home!
Greece (Athens) - Smoke in the Irish bar like the good ole days?
Dubrovnik - Green 'smoking' signs, like the 'no smoking' ones, but means the complete opposite for a particular establishment that displays it.

So as a euro-skeptic, I initially thought, bloody EU, pushing a smoking ban on the UK, but having traveled to several EU countries that seem to stick two fingers up at any smoking ban, I'm rather confused as to what direction the EU as a whole is going.

In the UK you aren't even allowed to look at cigarettes in public anymore!

Last edited:

NorVape

Vape Rictim
It's not an EU thing, it's about Northern/Western vs Central/Southern vs Eastern Europe and all the complex factors that help decide how a ruling body view them selves as social engineers and how the populace view the ruling body and their social engineering.

I still think it's weird that Germans smoke as much as they do, since it is absolutely the wrong thing to do given all the available facts. But I get why the Portugese smoke. Or the Polish.

It has something to do with how one views living, and even though Hollywood tells us we're unique little snowflakes that can be and do anything, we're more like the people around us than most are aware of.

If you are thought of as a burden to society, and your neighbour loathe the fact that his tax money goes to your cancer treatment one day, it doesn't help that your neighbour drinks coffee till his heart stops. You're still gonna feel bad smoking, and he's gonna feel normal, even thouh he's an addict, because his addiction is tolerated by most if not all around him. You on the other hand should know better, because you've been told better.

If your neighbour sees you smoking and ask to bum a cig you'll feel as normal as that guy with the caffeine addiction.

For good and bad, social engnineering works when properly executed.

Many EU countries banned smoking because they had too.

Others were the countries who pushed the ban.

The countries who were like "ahh okey" are going to enforce the smoking ban in a different way than the countries who were like LET'S GO NO MORE CIGGIES!

I support the smoking ban. For me it's based on pure facts much like you can't drive when drunk. It's not about you.

Hooooow did this post get so long? :lol:

Top Bottom