Why the lungs?

djonkoman

altough there is some absorption trough the skin, the point is that it's not enough to get high by blowing vapor over your skin. or breathing trough it

especially the case of those toxins isn't comparable I think. those are usually toxic in pretty low doses. an earlier post even said it was especially with non-volatile chemicals. so let's say there is a spil on a table of this chemical. 1/100th of it evaporates, but disperses, human comes to clean it and inhales a tenth of what's in the air. let's say the lungs are suppereffective and absorb everything.
then that human got still only 1/1000th of what's in the spil in his blood trough his lungs.
he touches the spill, let's say he touches a tenth of the total spil, absorps only 1/100th and it's aready equal with the lungs.

since vapor is a gas it will only work well trough the lungs, you probably could get high from rubbing hashoil on your skin but would be less efficient I think

djonkoman,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Is there any kind of fun easy diagram for how the lungs absorb stuff?
Like t-dub posted for dermal absorption?
I had a bit of a look for one earlier but couldn't come up with anything... (given the thread was initially about the lungs :lol:)
I'd be interested I knowing it a bit better than "lungs absorb stuff really well".

Frederick McGuire,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I found this pic and the video is nice, it shows the entire respiration process with nice animation and simulated vapor! :)

Pic45.gif

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Here is a great short one on the actual chemistry of the gas exchange, its good.

t-dub,
Top Bottom