why so complicated?

trichurious

What I'd like to know, being a noob n all, is if rosin is so safe and easy to make, then why is everyone crazy about the much more expensive and potentially dangerous other methods of chemical extraction? I've read nothing tastes better than rosin or has any better effect, so why isn't rosin the in thing that everyone can buy cheaper than co2 or butane extract?

trichurious,
Reactions: Squiby

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
There are many reasons but I figure the biggest reason is options sort of like water hash, so you can have lower yields with better flavor using lower temps, also it's labor intensive. They have closed loop hydrocarbon systems that can process pounds of cannabis at a time and have an extract ready relatively quickly without a lot of labor.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I'm no expert but from what I've read the process to make Rosin doesn't scale as well as a hydrocarbon process for mass production.

Like @psychonaut said, the folk who produce for dispensaries have large closed loop setups that are closed loop so the solvent can be reused. There is usually also a greater level of extraction meaning less wastage and higher returns.

Then there is the fact that you have to use pressure and heat to produce rosin. The heat can somewhat degrade the terpenes during the extraction process if the extractor doesn't pay attention or is new to the process, this would result in a lower quality end product.

More recent CO2 extractions can also produce less viscous results which works well in conjunction with cartridge and atomiser based delivery mechanisms.

With rosin you also can end up with small particles of plant matter in the resulting extract which can clog up or burn onto atomisers, less of an issue with nails though.

For small home use Rosin doesn't require complex closed loop setups or dangerous open extraction methods. Nor is there a requirement to purge the end product.

Some of the newer tech can even separate out the different terps and actives meaning the larger companies can remix them creating very specific products to more consistent standards. Which is important if you are trying to define a brand and product line.

Deleted Member 1643

Don't like scraping goo off paper. Might want to extract the chip anyway.

QWET needn't be especially dangerous, and it doesn't require an expensive press set-up to get great, consistent results. 30g flower at a time is easily manageable. Even vacuum purging, if desired, can be accomplished with an inexpensive faucet aspirator and food-type vacuum marinator. Got a routine down.

Shatter purged for a week. Heavens, it's tasty and expeditious. :p (Is that quote sexist now?)

H0vLvWJ.jpg

Go TEAM QWET! :rockon:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Also... you ever tried squishing trim? Doesn't work well. Need water or solvents for anything non-calyx imo.

Also, any heat pressing also diminishes the terpene content, so it will never fully compete with something like live resin or static bounced dry sift or full melt bubble etc.

Top Bottom