Why not a "Flame powered vaporizers" section?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Portable vaporizer section is a bit saturated I think. Do you think to create a under-section called "Flame powered vaporizers" could help for better lisibility?

And what about an "old and not anymore avalaible vaporizers" section as well?

Just some suggestions....

Ppn

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
IIRC it was proposed before but the verdict was that using "tags" as attributes was a better alternative (like "pen style" etc...)

That being said, if you bring it to the table again, to be anal, the correct classification would be "externally powered and non tethered" (to eliminate vapes with a power cable, and those with internal batteries) But I already see a problem for vapes that have the butane tank inside them... And what if it's another gaz? What about solar powered vapes? What about.. you see?

When you can potentially end with many unknown categories, I think using tags/attributes is more efficient and flexible than using a tree. See how gmail got rid of the folders and smartly replaced them by tags? It's more powerful as a given item can have multiple tags (impossible with a tree without duplicating nodes or creating some kind of reference/linking)

Maybe said tags should be used more thoroughly and better advertized / put forward?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Flame powered is a broad enough section to warrant a subcategory IMO.

The last and most used flame powered vaporizers rival with most desktops and portables in vapor production and flavour, and the type of usability that flame based vaporizers provide is quite different than any other category.

The Hammer would continue in the portable section, everything else requiring a lighter, jet torch or regular, would be in the flame powered vaporizers.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
IIRC it was proposed before but the verdict was that using "tags" as attributes was a better alternative (like "pen style" etc...)

That being said, if you bring it to the table again, to be anal, the correct classification would be "externally powered and non tethered" (to eliminate vapes with a power cable, and those with internal batteries) But I already see a problem for vapes that have the butane tank inside them... And what if it's another gaz? What about solar powered vapes? What about.. you see?

When you can potentially end with many unknown categories, I think using tags/attributes is more efficient and flexible than using a tree. See how gmail got rid of the folders and smartly replaced them by tags? It's more powerful as a given item can have multiple tags (impossible with a tree without duplicating nodes or creating some kind of reference/linking)

Maybe said tags should be used more thoroughly and better advertized / put forward?
Ok, I understand the concerns although it could be nice for clarification in the portable vaporizer section.
I think there is only 1 solar powered vape and 1 using friction as power source....not so much.

Is there a "flame powered" tag?

Thanks for your always usefull input!

Vorrange, why not the hammer, iolite, Wispr,..they use a flame as well, the only difference is the incorporated lighter, that's all...

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Because they have it within as part of the unit, there is no visible flame. Then it would have to be a Butane Powered Section.

vorrange,
Reactions: nondarb
Top Bottom