Why I love Sativas so much.

hinglemccringleberry

For the most part I agree with your copy and paste. But it doesnt really jibe with your previous post, where you said "sativas depress me", does it?

My best advice would be to find the terpenes you like, and choose by that.
I knew someone was going to call me out on that. All I can say is I'm learning as I go. I've always had a feeling that the indica vs sativa thing is fueled at least in part by nonsense. That said, the guy who said indicas depress him must be equally uninformed, it's not the fact that it's indica that's giving him that effect.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: shredder

Gazaam

I think it's more likely that the meaning behind sativa and indica has been butchered by the cannabis industry to cater to consumers. That's what started the myth that indica is a "sedative and sleep inducing body high" and sativa is a "energetic and creative head high".

@ "mccringleberry: In the interest of helping to "decriminalize" your previous statement: Very Nicely Put. It is a bit disappointing to have to come to the conclusion that most of what we are now consuming is primarily the result of willful mislabeling on the part of unscrupulous dealers, many of whom were, despite being good buddies with out uncles, after all, criminals. However, it seems, just from my own personal readings on the history of cannabis in America, that a certain subset of enthusiasts appear to have been and still are seriously respectful of the powerful natural therapeutic value of the plant. It would be great if, now that the herb is becoming decriminalized and more respected as a "medicine" and not just a "recreational drug", some (perhaps recently decriminalized canna scientists --- you know who you are :) ) will undertake to re-trace, everse engineer, and reconstruct some of the original land-race strains believed to be the most medicinal. We certainly now appear to have the laboratory and genetic technologies needed to accomplish this task. And with the lifting of the criminal ban on cultivation, this may be much more likely to occur than when it was purely underground.

Last edited:
Top Bottom