1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't a delete a thread immediatly after posting...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by faith&physics, Jun 30, 2012.

1. faith&physics

faith&physics Member

... in the event I make a mistake or at least let me edit the title. None of the other forums I participate in forums prevent me from doing this. Perhaps that's why I participate in them.

2. momofthegoons

momofthegoons vapor accessory addict

You can change anything you want in the content of your thread within 6 hours of posting by using the edit button in the lower portion of your post. If you want to change the title, you can hit report and make a request which one of the mods will take care of for you.

charliedontsurf likes this.
  3. max

max Out to lunch

I've never been on a forum, of any kind, where you can delete a post/thread or change the the thread title. Editing rights for post content apply for a time period decided on by the managment or the forum software. What we have here is not excessively restrictive. It's pretty much the norm, from what I've seen. Our old software allowed unlimited editing privileges, and due to that, a thread or two is now lacking a whole lot of valuable content, thanks to a manufacturer who changed his mind long after posting.

It's best to assume that anything you put out on the internet, text or pics, is gonna be there forever. It's one more reason to review and carefully consider what you've typed, before hitting the submit/post button.

4. faith&physics

faith&physics Member

Duly noted.

I'm spoiled by other sites.

5. Hippie Dickie

Hippie Dickie The Herbal Cube Manufacturer

i can see both sides of the situation ... but i was hoping to always be able to edit the first post of my Bud Toaster thread to keep info current. And if my image source goes bye-bye (like ImageShack did in the beginning) i would like to relink the images.

Oh well. House rules, eh?

6. ru_frothi

ru_frothi Portable Vaporist

i have, avsforum.com can change titles, delete messages and even delete an entire thread

drumwizard likes this.
  7. max

max Out to lunch

Good for avsforum members, but it won't happen here.

8. Flavio

Flavio Know thyself

So you can´t delete I do undertnad that.
    But if I ask Admin or quit the forum can I get total delete of my messages ?
    How can I contact admin of this forum ?
    Please help me.

9. ru_frothi

ru_frothi Portable Vaporist

no they will not delete the messages. Thats why there is the rule..... someone went back and edited out all their posts.....

Its sucks but its the rule.

10. Flavio

Flavio Know thyself

I undertand... but can I ask admin to delete ? Or can I delete my account ?
    How to contact admin of the forum ? I´ve searched cannot find.

11. momofthegoons

Flavio, you can't expect to come on here and make several posts, some of which are quoted and have been responded to, and then expect us to just make them "go away." It leaves big holes in the threads which make them not make sense. If you choose to leave the forum, so be it. But your posts will remain.

You must not have looked very hard. It is right at the bottom of the rules page.

ShipDit and Nbajunkie like this.
  12. Flavio

Flavio Know thyself

Are you de admin , how to contact him ? At least I would like to delete my account. Could I ? I´ll leave my post so ppl can bash ok... but can I delete my account ?
    I did not do ´several´ posts, only 11 ... shtty posts

13. momofthegoons

Flavio, I am a moderator here. You can contact the owner of the forum, vtac, with the link at the bottom of the rules page.

14. Flavio

Flavio Know thyself

tnk you very much sir that was very helpFULL... good look with the forum !

15. satyrday

satyrday Well-Known Member

I'll miss having his satanic avatar dick in my face. I feel I need to duck or something.

ShipDit likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors