Why are vapes so exspensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecam

lwien said:
"I guess if there enough suckers out there people will just take advantage of them"
------Stevecam

".....does being an american mean you should get ripped off too?
glad im not american then"
------Stevecam

"I was looking for someone to prove me wrong though, I guess I hope for the best out of people too much"
------Stevecam

So let's see. First, you managed to call us all suckers. Secondly, you slammed those of us who are Americans.........North, South and Central.....lol. And lastly, you are implying that we have disappointed you in that we have somehow fallen below your moral expectations.

And back in Feb., you asked the exact same question: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=649.

After reading all of your previous posts, I am convinced that what we have here is a classic.....................troll,
not because of the question you asked, because it is a valid one, but more because of your history here and your responses.
So I guess a vape is worth much more after you put it inside a hollow piece of wood......

I have made circuits before, I have lathed a piece of wood too, it doesn't take that long to do and is not that hard to do this is all high school stuff

I didn't really think much about that comment regarding Americans, if I offended anyone in that sense I apologize

I am not implying that everyone here falls below my moral standard, AFAIK not every here makes and sells vapes

That thread I posted was before I purchased a vape, now I have purchased one, had a look at it and found out that I had become a sucker myself

What else am I supposed to say, you are talking about my responses sounding like a troll when all I am doing is pointing out the obvious

stevecam,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yeah, but how many people can actually say they have the means too make a vape on their own? Sure I can figure out how too make a specific kind of vape. But I don't own any of the tools required too make them. I would have too go somewhere and either borrow them, which I probably can't. So I would more than likely have too rent some time on the proper equipment. Then trying too find the right and proper building materials is going too be hit and miss depending on availability.
Now the chances are what I build will not be something i am willing too sell to someone else because of how rough it is.
For me, at least, I would want too be paid for the labor it would take me too put together a polished version of what I would want too sell.... especially if I was doing it by myself.
Just throwing something together is simple enough, but putting something together in a consistent manner required too sell a product is another thing.
so lets say start too finish it takes you 6 hours too put one vape together. And total cost of build was 40-50 bucks... would you only want too sell it for $60-$70 bucks? Thats not a lot of profit for 6 hours of your time. And if your mass producing a product, you have too pay someone for their labor in putting your vape together.

Only reason I say 40-50 bux is that is how much it would cost me too build one kind of vape on my own using stuff i find. Doesn't matter the kind of vape.. it is just the known costs I have for one specific type. I dunno about how much it would cost me to mimic other types of vapes... and some of them there is no way in hell I can make that.

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

Its a question not to take seriously. Prices are at where they are at for a reason. Their are many reasons for pricing and all virtually have merit.

I see ignorance about how products come to be at best at worst just a lame troll attempt. I am sure a 9th grade student could answer this question.

Now if the op can say I think vapes are over priced and can explain his reasoning that would worth a minute or so but this seems to me to be more likely some one being cheap having buyers remorse due to cost than any basis in reality.

Thats how I see it and I vape with Da Buddha, which hands downs we all know beats staying at holiday inn express hehe!

Beezleb,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@AGBeer. Since this has strayed off topic and I can't contribute anything more to the thread, I'll ask you this since you seem to be a beer lover?

Do you homebrew with grains or extracts? What's your favourite style of beer (I love uber hoppy double IPA's and barleywine's). And what's yer single favourite commercial beer (mine is EKU 28, an eisbock).

Moderators feel free to delete this post if it is too far off topic.

@ OP: Peace man, I'm not slamming you. But I find my money well spent on the vaporizer I have, and the one I'm going to buy.

Tom

tdavie,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
tdavie said:
@AGBeer. Since this has strayed off topic and I can't contribute anything more to the thread, I'll ask you this since you seem to be a beer lover?

Do you homebrew with grains or extracts? What's your favourite style of beer (I love uber hoppy double IPA's and barleywine's). And what's yer single favourite commercial beer (mine is EKU 28, an eisbock).

Moderators feel free to delete this post if it is too far off topic.

@ OP: Peace man, I'm not slamming you. But I find my money well spent on the vaporizer I have, and the one I'm going to buy.

Tom
Ill start another thread in the Lounge regarding this :)
We can discuss it further in there.

AGBeer,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i'll give you the simple answer stevecam.... the cost of a vape is not just the parts but the labor, the marketing, packaging, etc etc

most of these vape companies aren't big enough to churn these things out like the big boys so you can't take advantage of the economies of scale while still turning a profit. You'll need a certain margin if you only sell a couple hundred/thousand a year and that's why they are priced the way they are.

let's put it this way, the cost of vape is insignificant compared to the stuff you put into your vape

stonemonkey55,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Time spent inventing, testing, perfecting the unit AND customer service/web development/etc.

Initial risk and money invested.

Demand.

Equipment to make them (skill too at times).

Stevecam, if you think it is so easy and profitible, you should make a vape (I feel that it is still a decent market to get into. It is a bit saturated, but there are still holes to be filled--and maybe more yet to be thought of).

And that, my friend, is a bit about why vapes are so expensive (please make another for the market and help the cause :D ).

edit:
I was reading through this thread and...
Stevecam, I wouldn't call you a troll (if you were, you would not likely isolate this nonsense in your own thread). And, the reason that bananas are so cheap is a completely different story (enough to fill a thread of its own). If trying to make a point please stick to some logic and do away with the loose analogies and mudslinging (you too lwein). Guess I need to add the change icon... :2c:

Progress,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
the average time to go from an idea to a product is 15 years. Heck, i've been working on my vape design for 8 years (off and on, not full time) and i'm still working out design and production issues.

it's just not as simple as you want it to be.

Hippie Dickie,

lwien

Progress said:
edit:
I was reading through this thread and...
Stevecam, I wouldn't call you a troll (if you were, you would not likely isolate this nonsense in your own thread). And, the reason that bananas are so cheap is a completely different story (enough to fill a thread of its own). If trying to make a point please stick to some logic and do away with the loose analogies and mudslinging (you too lwein). Guess I need to add the change icon... :2c:
Considering what he has contributed to this site as far as helpful information (which has been nothing over the past year), and in looking up his past posts over the the past year as well as his derogatory remarks throughout this thread, my feeling about him being a troll........stands. Not mudslinging, but if something smells like a duck and quacks like a duck............to me, it's a duck.

As I said, the question that Stevecam asked was a very valid question. It's how he responded that I take issue with.

I really wasn't going to say anything more about this, Progress. My opinion about Stevecam stands. But as always, it's just my opinion............nothing more, and there's really nothing more for me to say about this, so I'll bow out now. Cya..............

lwien,

stevecam

stonemonkey55 said:
most of these vape companies aren't big enough to churn these things out like the big boys so you can't take advantage of the economies of scale while still turning a profit. You'll need a certain margin if you only sell a couple hundred/thousand a year and that's why they are priced the way they are.
Maybe it is a confidence issue then
I do not know what these sale figures are for some of the other vape makers but I am sure they would be big enough to take out a loan and go in to mass production

lwien, if you have a personal issue with me why don't you take it to PM instead of clogging up these threads
If I was a troll I would be saturating these forums with useless comments

Hippie Dickie, I was looking over a few of posts you had regarding these vapes you were making, is there a compilation of information you have somewhere as I would love to find out more about this

stevecam,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Maybe it is a confidence issue then
I do not know what these sale figures are for some of the other vape makers but I am sure they would be big enough to take out a loan and go in to mass production
most likely because the demand isn't there to warrant that at this point. In the future, maybe, but at this point, I don't think the demand is there today. it's the same reason none of these vape manufacturers are driving ferraris. it's still a niche market which is why you don't really see a 800 lb gorilla in this industry.

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
stevecam...troll or not, you are not listening to people. Several reasons have been listed here, most of them valid and spot on. The fact that you can not comprehend the business side of this industry does not mean it is acceptable to bash everyone's explanation.

Reading the above link might help you some, as well as re-reading this thread a few times. It will be in the ABV section if you want it, as I am shutting this topic down.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom