Why alcohol is worse than cannabis.

Qbit

cannabanana
From http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/02/10/2815426.htm:

Fishermen were "absolutely gobsmacked" when they saw a young woman in a pink bikini swimming in a river with one of the highest concentration of crocodiles in the Northern Territory.

Mick Albano was fishing in his boat at one of the barrages at Shady Camp on Sunday when he saw the woman in the water.

Mr Albano says the woman had been drinking with two men.

"The guys said she'd been in there a little while just trying to cool off," he said.

"And then they said that was nothing, half an hour earlier she'd done the big swim across the river to the mud bank.

"And I just couldn't believe it.

"Everybody that was there and saw her was absolutely gobsmacked."

This week the environment department issued a warning to people tampering with crocodile traps after several photos were published showing people standing on them, sometimes with crocodiles inside.

The Northern Territory Amateur Fishermen's Association says people acting stupidly around crocodiles unnecessarily inflames debate about how to manage them.

The association's Chris Makepeace says if the woman at Shady Camp had been killed there would have been calls for crocodiles in the area to be culled.

"The real problem with all of this of course is had something happened, and I think it's just sheer luck that it didn't, then we'd be having discussions today about what we're going to do about crocodile management, what we're going to do about culling crocodiles, putting restrictions on people who go there and do the right thing," he said.

"And that's the problem when you get idiots doing things like this."

Qbit,

albe

On a side note... :lol: the alcohol v mj thing ...

There's a great book called 'Marijuana is Safer' u can get it on most online book stores. Very good stuff in there and good ammunition if u have anyone you're trying to convince, or are involved in the law reform campaigns in your area.

albe,

aero18

vaporist
no1_2talk2 said:
i say "god made weed, man made beer! who do you trust most?"
I say that natural selection created cannabis and a controlled anaerobic or low-oxygen environment of yeast fungi with a lot of carbohydrate energy available creates beer.

A god has nothing to do with it. Only natural laws at work.

aero18,

PerseusStoned

Ha ha ha, thats a good laugh. If you want to legitimately pursue the topic "alcohol vs cannabis", why not touch on the health affects? Long-term alcohol use vs. long-term marijuana use... cannabis comes out ahead all sorts of ways.

aero18, c'mon. no1_2talk2 was a little funny, wasn't it?

PerseusStoned,

Flyer

aero, to help you out just a bit, beer is very much a natural thing 'controlled anaerobic or low-oxygen environment of yeast fungi with a lot of carbohydrate energy available creates beer.' this all can happen o natural, just my .02

Flyer,

SmogTown

I hate the natural arguement. There are lots of things in the natural world which aren't compatible with a long and healthy life. In this case though its quite obvious which is the most harmful.

SmogTown,
Top Bottom