Whose got the best Downstem suggestion?

blimeydude

I have a typical beaker bong and need a 5.5" downstem for use with concentrate. I'm thinking I want a 6 slit gridded downstem because holes won't get as clogged as slits and I hear it pulls betters with gridded. I was looking at https://www.coughingcardinal.com/il...ill-glass-5-gridded-downstem-with-green-grid/ OR https://www.thedablab.com/oj-glass-...slit-diffusion-18mm-to-14mm-pick-your-length/

However, I wanted to see if there was any new contenders or new innovations in downstems that I should consider? I'm rarely on instagram so I feel like I'm not aware as others.

blimeydude,
Reactions: LesPlenty

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Beakers are tricky; admittedly I avoid pieces that have a 45* downstem as the angle tends to make the percs fire unevenly.

Also concentrate won't clog that easily, unless you are dropping multiple grams between cleaning your rig.

Downstems are CHEAP. Get a few and see what works best for your setup.

Personally, I tend to favor diffused down stems.

Last edited:
FlyingLow,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'm also interested in beaker bong down stems. saw these and thought I might try

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Beakers are tricky; admittedly I avoid pieces that have a 45* downstem as the angle tends to make the percs fire unevenly.

Surprisingly, I've come to like using my medium size GRAV beaker with my Flowerpot Vrod. However, I always tilt it back so that the mouthpiece is 45° angle toward my pie-hole, and the downstem is perfectly vertical.

Personally, I tend to favor diffused down stems.

Yeah, not withstanding what I said above, I like GRAV's diffused downstems. They have the end closed, with just a small hole in it the same size as the diffusion holes around the side. I find it gives a perfect amount of restriction for my lungs. I've been pulling this one GRAV stem to use with some of my other glass pieces as well, like my Tater Tot, from Goo Roo.

MoltenTiger

Quite happy with my Alex K downstem in the beaker
Fires very nicely, kind of a shower head

Any of the Mobius stems look great though.

EHLE diffuser also good.

MoltenTiger,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The GooRoo open down stem with the nine holes is pretty nice, at least in my three-piece bubbler! Downstem with just a few holes is good too if it is a smaller piece at least...

Top Bottom