1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Whip style vaporizer and why I should buy one

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Sourtulip, May 15, 2014.

1. Sourtulip

Sourtulip New Member

Hi FC members.

Im considering buying a whip style vaporizer, like the Da Buddah.

I´ve never tried one before but Im very curious about how they compare to bag vaporizers.

I already own a MLFB and Volcano.

Volcano for home use and MFLB when going out or if I just want a quick puff or two.

So why would I get a whip style vaporizer too? On which parameters do you think that a high quality whip style vaporizer beats the Volcano?
    Would it be worth the money when I already own the two aforementioned vaporizers?
    It would suck big time to go out and buy one only to find that I dont get to use it :)
  2. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a whip elsewhere? I like it. I think it is "fresher" than a balloon. I enjoy "slow roasting" and don't mind sitting and stirring. It takes time (and a place obviously) for a whip setup. You can somewhat control the "burn" by varying your inhale style. It is not as group friendly. I bought 2 extra whips & picks to try and make it so.
    The more I read I find ......everyone is different with separate needs and desires. All of these devises solve a portion of the mystery, you decide where you coincide.
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  3. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

If you are a fan of the vapor quality out of the Volcano, give the Plenty by Storz&Bickel some consideration. Same internals, and I find it is quite the excellent vape for the following reasons:

- great vapor, consistent results every single time
    -No stirring, no shaking- just perfect roast
    - nearly indestructible
    - ZERO learning curve (great for friends)
    - long cord
    - easily cleaned

To give you an idea of just how evenly Plenty vapes, and how there is not a single hint of combustion, see this photo of some ABV[​IMG]
    Abysmal Vapor likes this.
  4. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Well really it comes down to what you want out of a vape. I never liked the bags because if I didn't hit it all right away it would eventually get stale. From the sounds of it you are happy with your vapes now so why change? If you get a whip vape one of your vapes is going to collect dust because yoi'll decide which style you like better and then stick with that. So I say if your happy with what you got stay with it.
  5. Sourtulip

Sourtulip New Member

Thanks for your replys, they are very much appreciated.

It doesnt matter to me if theres a learning curve with the vaporizer as I dont vape with other people much, we are talking maybe once a month so I dont really care if Im the only one who knows how to make it work proper :)

I like the Volcano a lot, its really nice and one of my most tresured material objects, but I dont have anything else than the MFLB to compare it to as these two are the only vaporizers that I have tried.
    So yes, I like my Volcano for sure, but it could just as well be the whole vaporizing thing that I like and not the Volcano in particular.

Nice looking ABV on that pic Flyinglow, looks just like what I get when using the Volcano.
    Unfortunately, I cant say the same about the MFLB yet.
    Im still learning how to use this device and most of the time I end up with about 10% black ABV material.
    Guess Im just too eager to get all of those lovely cannabinoids down my lungs.

Good point vapeNstone, Thats one of my concerns about getting a whip style one. That the Volcano will end up collecting dust.
    On the other hand, that wouldnt be so bad then all comes down to it, ´cause in that case I would just sell my Volcano which should bring in about the same amount of money that the Da buddah costs.
    So in that case I can write it of as a trade ;)
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  6. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

It sounds like you caught VAS(vaporizer acquisition syndrome) lol
    RUDE BOY and 2 Paces like this.

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Sourtulip I know I really like my whip vapes now. Sitting back in the evening with music playing hitting my EV2 or Vapo 2 with the whip is now one of my favorite ways to go these days. It's nice to have choices to mix things up so I don't get bored, I'll use 3-4 different vapes during the day so nothing I like really collects dust.

Some members here have put forth the theory that tolerance in impeded when we use different vapes and I agree with this. I get used to the effects of a vape if I use it 10 times a day but say if I were to use the volcano in the morning the mflb to maintain during the day and the Da Buddha at night my buzz stays fresh and I get less 'burnout' feeling. (if nothing else a good excuse to own a few vapes).

I know I'm not much Help sometimes But .... :2c: ...:peace:
    Seren likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors