Which vaporizers have internal battery?

uncanni

Hi all, I've been searching like crazy and can find no results when I type in "internal battery vaporizers." Tons of vape mods come up, but no dry herb vaporizers.

So I'm lovin my Arizer Solo II with its internal battery--especially after bad experiences with the Ghost MV1 batteries, which didn't last well at all. Frankly, with various previous vapes, the batteries weren't worth sht. I'd much rather go with a good-quality internal battery vape, and I'm wondering what the others are?

Perhaps there is no way to find out other than checking each individual vaporizer; I'm curious, however, to know if there are other good quality vapes.

uncanni,
Reactions: C No Ego

GoldenBud

S&B Mighty
Very high quality materials, I'm pretty sure the batteries are chosen by them after a good research..

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: uncanni

C No Ego

@uncanni other than the flip mechanisms wearing out over time or the connects being bent or something being able to change a Batt is a good thing right? a vape with a non removable Batt , the batt could die over a long period of use or become weak ETC.... lots of vapes with changeable batteries seem to drain the battery prematurely though and maybe thi sis the problem ?

C No Ego,
Reactions: Planck

uncanni

@uncanni being able to change a Batt is a good thing right? a vape with a non removable Batt , the batt could die over a long period of use or become weak ETC.... lots of vapes with changeable batteries seem to drain the battery prematurely though and maybe thi sis the problem ?

Not for me, I ended up hating the battery-changing vapes I've had precisely because of the outrageous price of short-lived batteries. What a game!! The Haze batteries were shit and the Ghost MV1 batteries were shit. Ghost claims they last for a year: BULLSHIT. They did send me some replacements when I wrote complaining about how quickly both of the $60 batteries I had lost charging power; I just concluded they knew the battery claims were a lie.

The Arizer Solo II has a 2-year warranty, and the Pax 3 has a 10-year warranty. From what I've read on this forum, the Solo II should last significantly longer than that. That's the comfort of going with a well-established company that backs up its product with a strong warranty. This is all based on my personal experiences, of course. I'd buy a desktop before I'd ever buy another vape with changeable batteries.

uncanni,
Reactions: C No Ego

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Not for me, I ended up hating the battery-changing vapes I've had precisely because of the outrageous price of short-lived batteries. What a game!! The Haze batteries were shit and the Ghost MV1 batteries were shit. Ghost claims they last for a year: BULLSHIT. They did send me some replacements when I wrote complaining about how quickly both of the $60 batteries I had lost charging power; I just concluded they knew the battery claims were a lie.

Hm, at least the Ghost battery packs are proprietary and I think the Hazes ones are too – and that's not what the idea of a removable battery as suggested here means. Extra 18650s as for the Milaana, the Arizer Air, the Tinymight or the Nomad etc. will cost you somewhere between 5 and 10 bucks.

badbee

There's a reason quality flashlights don't have built in or custom batteries. Batteries are a consumable, if you are lucky you get about 600 recharges on a LiPo and then it's toast (or at least weak). This is true for a Solo or any other vape. Better to get a vape with replaceable standard 18650's as Siebter said.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
precisely because of the outrageous price of short-lived batteries. What a game!!
As @Siebter stated, why not explore vapes with user replaceable 18650 batteries (Most common open standard battery used in vapes)? My rule was if I cannot replace the battery I will not buy it, but that quickly morphed to I will not buy it if I may not use my own 18650 batteries. I buy quality batteries and have a good external charger. Have never been stuck with a dead battery.. touch wood.

YaMon,
Reactions: Siebter

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah also HealthyRips Fierce has a replaceable battery, but it is a proprietary pack (like the Edge I presume?) that works really well for very long lasting many sessions and you can swap it for more or if it starts to weaken over time... Pax Solo Mighty all make you pay to mail back to company then pay for a new battery once they start to fade... I advocate for 18650 vapes too

uncanni

Hm, at least the Ghost battery packs are proprietary and I think the Hazes ones are too – and that's not what the idea of a removable battery as suggested here means. Extra 18650s as for the Milaana, the Arizer Air, the Tinymight or the Nomad etc. will cost you somewhere between 5 and 10 bucks.

A removable battery is just that: removable. I'm glad to know that some work better than others.

As @Siebter stated, why not explore vapes with user replaceable 18650 batteries (Most common open standard battery used in vapes)? My rule was if I cannot replace the battery I will not buy it, but that quickly morphed to I will not buy it if I may not use my own 18650 batteries. I buy quality batteries and have a good external charger. Have never been stuck with a dead battery.. touch wood.

Maybe I will in a few years after my current vapes die...But I was burned bad by Ghost.

uncanni,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I hear what you're saying about the better battery technology, which I will try in the future.
Not necessarily better battery technology, just you control and are easily able to replace the batteries if they are 18650s. Certainly you may choose to purchase the highest quality 18650s whereas a manufacturer of a proprietary vape battery may chose to cut some corners. It just simplifies portable vapes. The only proprietary battery vaporizer I still own is my Ti Grasshopper. Proprietary sucks!

GoldenBud

IMHO Don't get Fury Edge/FIERCE. They're not in the Solo II league. Mighty is like a better Solo II, but same style: hybrid (most conduction) not on demand (have to wait 1min) and can get you awesome clouds if you let it heat-sink abit.
Mighty doesn't have glass stem. so it is easier to take it outside. but make sure you have ISO/Ethanol for cleaning the cooling mouthpiece of the mighty from time to time. it is neccassary.

In the future make sure you get some on-demand 100% convection which requires some 18650 batteries like the Tinymight/TP80/Splinter/Z

GoldenBud,
Reactions: YaMon

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Free yourself from the battery. I have a Mighty, Ghost (I don’t have battery issues but anyway), and an Air. I use my Omnivap XL ti around 75%-90% of the time. Great quality experience, but the conservation of weed cannot be ignored.

Do Dynavap users have a cult-like fanaticism with the product? Yes. Am I in the cult? Only a little. I only have one vapcap and no induction heater.

Of course I still love my electronic vapes as well. If I could only have one vape it would be my Omnivap.

uncanni

IMHO Don't get Fury Edge/FIERCE. They're not in the Solo II league. Mighty is like a better Solo II, but same style: hybrid (most conduction) not on demand (have to wait 1min) and can get you awesome clouds if you let it heat-sink abit.
Mighty doesn't have glass stem. so it is easier to take it outside. but make sure you have ISO/Ethanol for cleaning the cooling mouthpiece of the mighty from time to time. it is neccassary.

In the future make sure you get some on-demand 100% convection which requires some 18650 batteries like the Tinymight/TP80/Splinter/Z

I would never compare the Mighty to the Solo II: I had a Crafty and it was the biggest pain in the ass to clean, the silicone rings were always breaking and were super-expensive, and I sold it.

Arizer has been around a long, long time and has a fantastic proven track record. I would most likely replace my Solo II with whatever their latest version is in however many years it takes to burn it out. I think a lot of these companies come and go just a little too easily, so I'll stick with a well-established company.

uncanni,
Top Bottom