Which vape to buy (informed vaporist seeking opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
Hello, to start off, i keep a very close eye on the vaporizer market and basically know as much about vapes as many of you on here, just trying to subvert the typical trends of people asking for a vape buy opinion, as this is not the standard case of uninformed questioning. But I digress, trying to keep this short as im really vaked and I need to pee. :lol:

Anyway, I currently have a vapor brothers, and a magic flight launch TUBE, which is about 20 times worse than the box, as the bowl is very small, and it can easily spill, and its made of glass largely. Sorry for the tangents ahhh, anyway, other vapes aside, im looking for a portable. Not because I need to vape while im out, but because I just feel its a more comfortable set up sometimes. A smaller vape that requires less maintenance, and that I can hold in my lap instead of it taking up half the table, and the risk of knocking my bong thats attached to it over.

I love the VB, and it hits like a champ with and without my bong, but sometimes, for mostly privacy reasons, I wish i had a good portable to just sit back and relax with and preload. I used to have the iolite, and I love the fact that you can basically leave it on, and it can't easily burn. I also want another one for nostalgic reasons. Tried the launch box, great piece of technology, but seeing as all my friends have them, and I have its predecessor, I want something a little different. Then there is the vapor geenie, which I've never seen, but fascinates me, and delivers much bigger hits than the iolite and the MFLB, plus, I can use it with hemp wick, and theres something stylish about reclining with a nice pipe. Those are really the main three I have in mind, I know a lot about all of them but was wondering about your guys' opinions. I know I can hook all three of these up to a bong, as I have with the iolite MFLB, and know a few different ways to do it with the geenie, but that contradicts my simple and comfortable aspects of wanting a new vape. All i know is, it took all my will power not to make a quick buy on ebay a little while ago, and Im ready to try something a little fun and new. Plus, i use the VB daily for essential oil diffusion, so it wouldn't go to waste. I realize i've rambled quite a bit, and im sure it helped me work out some things in my mind about this decision. The price difference isn't really a factor, and their all pretty much around 100 give or take 30. The problem with the iolite is, when i sold my last one, i sold my FULLY aluminum stem attachment, that I got on ebay that completely got rid of the risk of the stem breaking. Plus, now theres the new " Optimizer heat pin " and the need for high quality butane, I feel like besides the fact that it does it all for you, the main reasons i want it aren't valid as those are nostalgia and coolness, which i think will quickly fade, and ill be left with 150 dollars less.

Any input would be appreciated, im sure many of you have owned 2-3 of the discussed units, I have used 2 out of the three as well. I mean they certainly all have their pros and cons, but im looking for a few well substantiated opinions to direct me in a certain way and help me make up my mind.

not to do the noob pro/con list thing..but..

iolite:
pros: really cool, automated, very inconspicuous

cons: when i had it before, it hit VERY small, hard to see vapor, although at that point i was vaping only mids...and a noob vaporist, finicky, requires butane

MFLB:

pros: all natural, instant vapor, large-ish hit potential, pretty inconspicuous, safer materials than the iolite

cons: not too many other than all my friends have it, and i don't really love the taste of the vapor that comes from it

Vapor genie:

pros: hits very well (ive seen/been told) efficient, no batteries or butane, instant basically,

cons: the glass version can break, not in conspicuous, looks like a pipe, requires flame source, most potential to burn of the three

man..time to pee, thanks!

PhishCactus,

momatik

I'd suggest the glass VG.

I have a Wood VG. It was my first real vape. I now have a log vape too. I find that the 2 compliment each other well in that I can move take the genie on the go comfortably and leave the zap at home if I wanted.

If you think durability is going to be a problem then get a wood one it's great. But the glass one will clean better and taste better. And with the size of hits you can get with the genie style heating element, the taste can be superb. I definitely take advantage of being able to stash this guy anywhere if I so please, but sometimes I wish I had gotten the glass VG instead. So either way I think you'd be happy.

Oh and make sure you get a mini goose-neck torch lighter for excellent results and for easier use outdoors.

momatik,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
If i was looking at portables again i'd take a look at the lotus (i just haven't followed it that closely personally, but seems worth checking it out)

out of your 3, I do like the launch box a ton for stealthiness. But if you aren't as concerned with that I'd probably be looking at VG. I have the bat, and am pretty happy with it, especially the thickness of the vapor. Taste is more marginal, but not a huge complaint, mostly a problem if you overcook.

rabblerouser,
Momatik hit it with the glass VG.

A glass vapobowl with a Jhook or sherlock type 18.8mm pipe is a great and less expensive alternative, too.

charliedontsurf,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Cheers Phish!
I own a couple of the above mentioned, and I have come to the conclusion that if I ever buy another portable I will be going with The Lotus. It seems like a very natural progression to how I am already used to vaping.

I use my EQ the most at home, but I often need to medicate on the run. I have run into reliability issues with my Iolite, so I went with the MFLB. It is not a good vape for sharing however. (which I sometimes do)

The lotus seems like a very easy to use portable, and it looks pretty versatile as well...

Good luck, and please post your follow up comments as I for one am always very interested! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
If you want a portable I say go with the supreme! youtube videos of this thing in action it is by far my favorite vape thus far....

Pros:
Thickest vapor of any vape ive tried
portable
temp easy to coontrol manipulate
Hooks up to any GonG for milking glass
very unbreakable and drop friendly

Con:
Could burn yourself on the heatsink unless you make a cover for it like i did!
have to buy an upgraded torch the stock one is blah

All around this thing imho is the hitting champ and I can be just as efficient with this thing as I can with my log vape and get the same desired results.. only 188 if you snag one of ebay from the manufacturer and in my opinion you can't go wrong!

Goodlife101,

greystr0ke

^ Good suggestion. Definitely check out the Supreme if you don't mind the external heat source.

greystr0ke,

crawdad

floatin
i'll second the glass vg, its quite simple to carry around with ya and imho very fun to use. im pretty careful with it but as long as you dont drop it its fine. as you might have read it has a usage curve (takes some sessions to master it) but apart from its ability to vape its just fun. i take it hiking with me.

best of luck to you, that was quite a post for having to pee. :peace:

crawdad,

OO

Technical Skeptical
another vote for the supreme, it's small, and of a great design, i can't imagine you would desire anything different.

OO,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom