Which should I consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonC

Hi, folks. Saw a link to this forum on IC. As it happens, I'm looking for a new vape. I have a VaporWarez that's about 5 years old. It worked out well, but I keep thinking that I may be able to do better with newer technology. The Extreme, V-tower, Natural Goods Digital all look good on paper. I've always used a whip, but wouldn't mind trying a bag, though it's not a necessary feature. I would like a digital display, but again if there's a better unit without it, I'm game. My preferred method is to use the vape with a tube.

I don't know nearly as much about vapes as you guys, so please let me know if you need more info. Which units should I be looking at?

Edit: I'd also like to know whether any of the units I listed are not significantly better than what I already have. My VaporWarez doesn't have the ceramic element.

Simon

SimonC,

Kush Vapez

ceramic element = better.

I bought an SSV (Silver Surfer Vaporizer) yesterday and I love it. Its a whip type vape. Hand made in USA with the highest quality heating element. Custom blown glass knob, wide area of color choices and customization. Not to mention it puts you on your ass.

I'd Recommend looking at the posts about the SSV here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3

A lot of members of this forum own this device and love it, and I already love it only after 1 day.

Theres also Da Buddha which is a bit cheaper then the SSV, might want to check it out. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=201

Hope that helps.

:peace:

Kush Vapez,

Ash

vaporist
SimonC, If you want digital, then the Extreme Q (EQ) or Zephyr Ion are good choices. I havent heard much about the performance of the Ion in whip mode, bit it appears to have a better valve system than the EQ for bag delivery. I think both of these vapes have been on the market fewer than six months, so the technology is certainly up-to-date.

There is very little testimony here about the Natural Goods vape, but other vapes of that type (fan assisted-black box) seem suited mostly to folks with lung damage who are helped out by the fan. For most, though, I thing the fan tends to be a nuisance, vaping your buds if you don't disconnect the whip when you're not actively vaping. I think they also tend to get very hot to the touch, though I haven't heard that said of the NG vape specifically. From the technology angle, I don't think there's much going on here, either.

Since you already have a decent whip system, I'd sugest the Ion, a top-rate bag system that also does whip-delivery. If, however, you were going to replace your Warez with the new vape, I'd recommend the EQ, at least until we get more user feedback on the ION in whip mode.

:2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c:

Ash,

Qbit

cannabanana
Nah forget the bag idea and stick with a really solid whip vape - the multi-function vapes are jacks of all trades and masters of none. And bags just give you thinner, less tasty vapour. Good for parties with lots of people who don't know what they're doing, but if you've done whip, don't bother with bag. So go the Silver Surfer or Da Buddha - solid, quality whip vapes.

Qbit,

max

Out to lunch
SimonC said:
My VaporWarez doesn't have the ceramic element.
It must be really old. FYI-vape makers went to ceramic elements for long term reliability, rather than better performance. Don't expect a big jump in performance with a newer, digital unit. The NG unit also requires you to preheat the wand, since that's what it reads for the temp. Personally, I'd choose a DBV or SSV (depending on your choice of ergonomics) over the models you list.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've spent two years fucking around with about a dozen vapes and have landed comfortably on the PD, SSV and the LB (LaunchBox) for a solid rotation. The PD is my everyday hitter, the SSV is for getting whacked, and the LB for out and about. If I had to build that from the ground up I would start with the PD, then the LB and finally the SSV. This whole lineup can be bought for less than a digital volcano.

I just noticed that none of these have a digital readout and, after getting a digital vape for my first vape, I don't give a shit about it anymore.

stickstones,

SimonC

I really appreciate all the replies, guys. I've been reading the reviews on the site and following up on the recommendations. So far, it looks like DBV may suit my needs. I like the simplicity of the design and its aesthetics seem very nice. Those who have one, which looks better in "real life, " the silver or the black? I need to pick up a 14mm GonG adapter, too. Any recommendations as to the vendor?

Simon

SimonC,

Beezleb

I say you have a very good vape that can achieve all level on the vape scale temp wise so the best you can really look for is differences in flavor/taste, vapor to air ratios, and manner of use such as bag.

For power and taste I would look into the vrip or herborizer but I would consider waiting for a new vaporizer on the horizon called the VapeXhale Cloud. Its thread is here and I believe it will be capable of a power draws and use glass to promote clean taste. This is one vaporizer I am really looking forward to seeing.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2234

For bag vapes check out Zephyr Ion vaporizer and the Herbalaire vaporizer. While the herbalaire is a multiuse vape it excells in bag mode and the extreme are loved by many. Their is also the Volcano but it is at a very high price point but is of high quality.

I highly recommend checking each of these vaporizers threads that you find interesting but I guess that goes without saying hehe.

Happy Vaping!

Beezleb,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
SimonC said:
I really appreciate all the replies, guys. I've been reading the reviews on the site and following up on the recommendations. So far, it looks like DBV may suit my needs. I like the simplicity of the design and its aesthetics seem very nice. Those who have one, which looks better in "real life, " the silver or the black? I need to pick up a 14mm GonG adapter, too. Any recommendations as to the vendor?

Simon
Simon,

While I am definitely no vape connoisseur, I'd say the DBV is- theoretically- a great choice.

I say theoretically because I've never used one myself, but am probably going to buy the DBV next.

I currently use the WDZ, which is pretty good, made with care and attention and saves a good amount of bud, but I'd say something with a variable temp is the way to go. The wand/whip system seems more convenient to me than a bag (again-- this is all theoretical, I've never vaped from a bag)- but only because it seems that it would be easier to retrofit a whip into a bong than a bag system (i may be totally wrong here!)

As far as vendors go:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=334 -- this thread has information on deals, discounts etc. that FC has with certain vendors

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453 -- this thread is the local FC buy and sell thread, it has an SSV up there right now that may or may not still be up for sale, no harm in e-mailing the seller and asking. Hopefully you get a deal good enough to go for a used SSV instead of a new DBV. I'd take advantage of that option myself right now, but I really have to get a proper job again before I go back to buying glass or vapes :)

EDIT: edited typo in second link above.

obelisk,

stinkmeaner

Kush Vapez said:
ceramic element = better.

I bought an SSV (Silver Surfer Vaporizer) yesterday and I love it. Its a whip type vape. Hand made in USA with the highest quality heating element. Custom blown glass knob, wide area of color choices and customization. Not to mention it puts you on your ass.

I'd Recommend looking at the posts about the SSV here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3

A lot of members of this forum own this device and love it, and I already love it only after 1 day.

Theres also Da Buddha which is a bit cheaper then the SSV, might want to check it out. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=201

Hope that helps.

:peace:
Don't get too excited, the SSV uses a alumina ceramic cartridge heater made for soldering irons just like many other vaporizers out there, I know the SSV works good but don't think it is more than what it is.

stinkmeaner,

SimonC

I ordered a DBV with a 12%Off FC coupon. It shipped today. I hope you guys don't mind if I hang around the site. I've really enjoyed reading the discussions. Thanks again.

Simon

SimonC,

Ash

vaporist
Good choice. It's interesting that it's not the digital display you were first looking for. The same thing happened to me. First I was thinking I'd get something metal and digital. then I found this site and ended up with a PD (the opposite of that :lol: ). DBV would have been the second choice. Actually when I bought the PD it wass because I was buying it for my wife and I thought that was the one she would want. I would have picked the DBV for just myself, though now that I live with the PD I don't think I'd ever give it up, but I'd love to have a DBV to put in rotation. What color did you get? Does it still cost extra for black vs silver?

Ash,

SimonC

I got the silver. To be honest, I really liked both finishes. It came down to which might look more appropriate on my desk.

You know, I'd still like a vape with an accurate digital temp display; I'm just not convinced that I can get one today for the kind of money I'm willing to spend. Ultimately, it all boils down to performance. I'm trusting you guys to know your shit. :)

Simon

SimonC,

SimonC

The DBV arrived this morning. First impression - quality. I plugged it in immediately, waited per the manual, and filled the whip with some Shiva. The difference between the DBV and my older Vaporwarez is almost night and day. I'm thrilled with the purchase and I thank everyone again for pointing me in this direction.

Simon

SimonC,

Qbit

cannabanana
SimonC said:
The DBV arrived this morning. First impression - quality. I plugged it in immediately, waited per the manual, and filled the whip with some Shiva. The difference between the DBV and my older Vaporwarez is almost night and day. I'm thrilled with the purchase and I thank everyone again for pointing me in this direction.

Simon
Good stuff. Welcome to the wonderful world of quality vapes. :cool:

Qbit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom