Which portable vaporizer should I buy in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty

Also if anyone has tried it, which device operates best with a water pipe attachment?

Either one should work just fine w/ a WPA

I think the biggest thing that I don't like about the Haze is that you must remove the battery to charge it...

With this in mind & the digital temperature display on the CFX, I think you've found the vape your looking for. And for the price w/ the FC discount from PIU (and their outstanding CS), you really can't wrong. Best of luck!

Last edited:

reklaw420

@Morty thanks a lot man! I plan on making my purchase before I leave work today so that will give me a few more hours to think about it lol. I do appreciate all of the patience and friendly advice I received from everyone on FC! I will definitely come here more frequently. I'll let you guys know what I picked this evening.

One last question though...... What are your thoughts on the Vapium Summit? Seems like a nice unit, but I think this is Vapium's first and only vape.. Seems pretty rugged though. Thoughts? I know, I'm killing you guys lmao :bang:

reklaw420,
Reactions: Morty

Morty

Vapium actually released an updated version of the Summit this year called the Summit Plus. Along w/ a enhanced 3300mAh battery and a few other features, the newer Summit Plus has a Bluetooth enabled smartphone app that allows you to control the temp from a free mobile app (though I cannot comment on how well it works; you may take a look in the Summit thread to see what the owners there feel about it). The Summit Plus is also a smaller unit than CFX (and CF), but no WPA attachment (unless you rig some kind of DIY attachment) & no digital temperature display. If I were in your shoes, my :2c:, I would still go for the CFX. While it's a little bulkier than the CF & Summit, it has the temp display and looks to hit like a freight train for a portable (along w/ the CF). If a small form factor is more important to you than a WPA (though you CAN use one w/ the CF) & digital temp feedback (which the CF DOES NOT have), I would consider the CF & Summit Plus over the CFX. Best of luck !​

Last edited:
Morty,

reklaw420

@Morty thanks again man! I wish I could try before I buy... I'm notoriously indecisive when it comes to things like this lol. The Summit Plus seems like a pretty awesome unit. I'll let you know which one I buy shortly!

reklaw420,
But yeah, I never vape at temps that high. Typically, I like to stay between 380-390F for a few reasons. One, is that it is healthier. Two, is that it tastes better. And three, I don't like the sedative affects brought on by those higher temps.

I ONLY vape at temps over 400F if I want more sedative effects. Otherwise it's in the 375-390 range for me. Higher temps also just vaporizer the cannabinoids and terpenes quicker, so you need to be careful not to get a higher dose than intended. For me, 5 or 6 ten second hits gets me where I want to be at 385, but I only need 4 hits at 415 (unless it's just before bed and sedation is the main effect wanted.)

bakednvaped

@Morty thanks again man! I wish I could try before I buy... I'm notoriously indecisive when it comes to things like this lol. The Summit Plus seems like a pretty awesome unit. I'll let you know which one I buy shortly!
Hi just a quick note i am using the cfx by boundless and i could not be happier gets the job done effortlessly pm me if you need some info on it .

Mr. Me2

I hope you considered a grasshopper for your short list. You may have to wait, but so worth it

Mr. Me2,

reklaw420

If I were in your shoes, my :2c:, I would still go for the CFX. While it's a little bulkier than the CF & Summit, it has the temp display and looks to hit like a freight train for a portable (along w/ the CF). If a small form factor is more important to you than a WPA (though you CAN use one w/ the CF) & digital temp feedback (which the CF DOES NOT have), I would consider the CF & Summit Plus over the CFX. Best of luck !​

Sorry for the late update. I wound up getting the CFX! I am extremely happy with my purchase! I'm going to add a short review of it at the bottom of this post if you want to check it out. Thanks again for the help!!:tup:

I ONLY vape at temps over 400F if I want more sedative effects. Otherwise it's in the 375-390 range for me. Higher temps also just vaporizer the cannabinoids and terpenes quicker, so you need to be careful not to get a higher dose than intended. For me, 5 or 6 ten second hits gets me where I want to be at 385, but I only need 4 hits at 415 (unless it's just before bed and sedation is the main effect wanted.)

I got my CFX in the mail Friday. So far I have been vaping around 410-430 and I like it a lot. I'm going to try a few other temps. soon. But I get huge rips at 430 degrees with the water pipe attachment on my bong:rockon:

Hi just a quick note i am using the cfx by boundless and i could not be happier gets the job done effortlessly pm me if you need some info on it .

Thanks! I bought the CFX!:D:D I am extremely happy with it!! Will be posting a short review of it at the bottom!

I hope you considered a grasshopper for your short list. You may have to wait, but so worth it

I did consider the grasshopper but the CFX seemed like more of a fit for me. But the grasshopper seems like a nice unit too!

Okay guys here is what I think about this vape. Keep in mind this is only my second vape ever. This thing is amazing and powerful! I would definitely recommend Planet of the Vapes and the CFX! Very satisfied with my purchase. It also came with a small 4 piece grinder and a stash container and free shipping! I placed my order Wednesday afternoon and it arrived today. I got it all for $152.10 with a discount code that I just asked for. I think it was a 10% one time discount, but I'm sure they will give more out if you ask. The code was BNDLSCFX_CS102 just in case anyone wants to try it out. Idk if it's a one time code, but it's definitely only for the CFX.

I should point out that Puff It Up was offering pretty much the same deal with discount code FC-1. I literally saved like 10 cents buying from Planet of the Vapes. The only reason I chose them was because it came with the stash container (which is fucking awesome btw) which they sell for $8.95 and the free grinder looked more appealing to me. The free grinder at puff it up was just silver aluminum finish but it was 2 1/4" in diameter. The free grinder from Planet of the Vapes is black aluminum and looks like it was machined well. It is 1 15/16" in diameter and they sell it for $24.95. So I got $33.90 in free stuff not including shipping! Overall I am extremely happy with my purchase which is unusual because I am notoriously indecisive about buying things lol. Also, I bought my water pipe attachment from puff it up because it was cheaper than planet of the vapes. I ordered it on the same day as my CFX and they were both delivered on the same day!

Here are a few things that I have found that I don't really like or think they could improve. First off, the cleaning brush wire came out of the handle. Not a big deal at all, I just super glued it back and it's good as new.
The manual says to not charge the device overnight due to over heating and damage to the battery.. It also says not to use it while charging because it can damage the battery. I swear I thought I read somewhere online that you can use the CFX while charging... It is possible that I just got confused with another device. Since the CFX charges in about 30 minutes on the DC charger, it's not really a big deal.

Things they could improve on:
- boundless should put a hole somewhere with a lanyard type leash so you can tether the device to your wrist. It's not extremely big and heavy and it fits in my pocket great, but you never know when you will drop something... I definitely don't want to see this big boy hitting the side walk on accident... I will probably rig up some sort of leash for it.

- they should also improve the mouthpiece to make it a little more ergonomic for your lips. This isn't a major issue and doesn't affect the way it vapes at all.

- the loading chamber is definitely something that needs to be redesigned. I was warned about the mess that you will make while loading and everyone was 100% right. almost impossible not to spill herb around the rim of the oven. All they would have to do is invert the connection to make the chamber the male instead of female and make the mouthpiece female instead of male. Or make a different design all together.

- I've noticed that the screen on my mouthpiece gets herb on it after every session and I have to wipe it off otherwise I'm sure it will restrict the flow... Not a huge problem and this might be something that all vapes do I'm not sure.

Sorry if I was all over the place.. I'm a little medicated haha. Thanks to all of you that helped! Hope you guys and gals have a good day and happy football!!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The manual says to not charge the device overnight due to over heating and damage to the battery.. It also says not to use it while charging because it can damage the battery. I swear I thought I read somewhere online that you can use the CFX while charging... It is possible that I just got confused with another device. Since the CFX charges in about 30 minutes on the DC charger, it's not really a big deal.
I'm glad you're enjoying your CFX! They've mentioned in live streams and possibly elsewhere that it's ok to leave the CFX plugged in overnight, it has overcharge protection. Perhaps email them at Boundless for confirmation but I've seen them mention it myself. I think it's just a typo in the manual.

Vapor_Eyes,
Reactions: Morty

reklaw420

I'm glad you're enjoying your CFX! They've mentioned in live streams and possibly elsewhere that it's ok to leave the CFX plugged in overnight, it has overcharge protection. Perhaps email them at Boundless for confirmation but I've seen them mention it myself. I think it's just a typo in the manual.

I was thinking maybe they just put it in there juuuust in case something happens and they don't get sued haha. I will email them for confirmation on that.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I was thinking maybe they just put it in there juuuust in case something happens and they don't get sued haha. I will email them for confirmation on that.
I forgot to mention, I don't think you can use it while charging. That's usually not a good idea anyway. I find my CFX has such good battery life and charges so fast it never becomes an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom