Which is the best ?

dave123

I own a mighty OG and looking for something more pocket friendly to take on holiday.

It must discreet, and easy to carry around.

Battery life is important and flavour

I prefer a smoother, cool hit and I’m more of a device to lung type of user (easy draw)

The vapes standing out to me are:

Pax 3
Xlux Roffu
HR Rogue
Airvape Legacy Pro

I keep going round in circles, I’ve watched all the reviews I can and done a lot of reading.

I need to order tomorrow so it’s here in time for my holiday.

What would be your choice and why?

dave123,

darbarikanada

I keep going round in circles, I’ve watched all the reviews I can and done a lot of reading.
I've been a mighty owner for 7+ years, have had a few other vapes but none came close to ticking all the boxes like the mighty. I'm sure I could get somewhat better flavor (at least from the first few hits) from an all-convection vape like the TM, but I'm happy with the flavor from the mighty (and the TM isn't stealthy like the mighty). Troy @ 420vapezone put the mighty at the top of his list (and he's tried them all...); so did Bud (vape critic); I suspect this is why your research isn't pointing at an obvious upgrade over the mighty - there isn't one. the solution might just be a crafty?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I own a mighty OG and looking for something more pocket friendly to take on holiday.

It must discreet, and easy to carry around.

Battery life is important and flavour

I prefer a smoother, cool hit and I’m more of a device to lung type of user (easy draw)

The vapes standing out to me are:

Pax 3
Xlux Roffu
HR Rogue
Airvape Legacy Pro

I need to order tomorrow so it’s here in time for my holiday.

What would be your choice and why?
Have you considered Davinci IQ2? I don't own one but it looks pretty discreet.

dave123

Crafty has a rubbish batter life and it’s still quite big, not exactly pocket friendly and I always think it looks weird sucking out of a straw.

That’s why the rogue and fury edge are appealing to me because they look like nicotine vapes (mod type)

Hard choice

dave123,

hinglemccringleberry

Out of your list, the Roffu Rogue and AVLP all fit the bill. Not the Pax.
I think the Pax 3 actually has better flavor than the others, but the draw resistance is horrible for direct lung draws. It's extremely tight even with the newvape 3D screen and flat mouthpiece which they say gives the least draw resistance. It annoyed the crap out of me after daily driving it for a few weeks and I sold it. You can't even take a walk while using it because hitting that thing with anything more than a 60 bpm heart rate gets old really fast. Maybe the vented oven lid will help with that, but I never tried it. And you have to clean it every 3 bowls or the tight draw resistance gets even worse.

If you get the AVLP you won't be disappointed but you'll want to remove the spinning disc because doing so lessens draw resistance.

The Roffu has a nice open draw right out of the box. The Rogue should too, if it's anything like my old Fury Edge. But I think the consensus is the AVLP has slightly better flavor than the Roffu/Rogue.

Last edited:

Madtater

I had a pax 3, and while it worked it wasnt great and depending on what temp setting you had it on, the hits could get quite warm. The draw restriction was pretty severe as well. I dumped an extra $75 into it to try improve the draw, but it was only a marginal improvement for the money. Ended up cutting my losses and sold it.

The rest of your list, i own a roffu personally. And i really like it. Great battery life, and with a few extra dollars for the dosing caps and wpa, it really makes it pleasant. I have not used it in months unfortunately as i grabbed a zeal/coil/protoge setup that i just love so much.

One other you may want to consider is the TM2. While i do not have one, it is raved about here on FC. It is a bit pricy, but i live and believe in “buy once cry once” mentality. If i had to do all over again, i would probably have not gotten a portable as i have my 510 threads for that and just gone with a coil setup.

I dont think you could go wrong with anything in your list, but they ALL have their quirks (good and bad)

**EDIT**. One more thing you could add to that list is the Argo Arizer. My uncle has both roffu and arizer and he likes them equally. I have tried his arizer and it is pretty pleasant. It is also inexpensive. The warm up time is a bit longer than the roffu, but i didnt think it was a big deal. But the hits were tasty and cool. It is also a tiny bit smaller than the roffu, but i didnt think it was a big deal as well.

Last edited:
Madtater,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You will probably enjoy the Roffu coming from the mighty, based on what you were looking for, get the accessories with it though (stock setup mutes the flavor a little bit but with a direct pathway like the WPA it becomes much more pure but that stock setup does cool the vapor quite well)

dave123

Thanks for the replies. I believe I’m down to a fury edge or a Roffu. AVLP I’m not sure about as it looks a little messy and it looks a bit of a strange contraption to vape in public plus it looks quite big!

Anyway for portability is the fury edge better than the roffu?

I did look at the roffu size and I’m wondering if it’s actually too big. It kinda looks bigger in some pics than I initially thought as on the websites it looks similar to a pax in size ??

The main reason for the new purchase is to take a smaller vape abroad on holiday than the mighty OG

A lot of people keep mentioning vapes with glass’s straws or stems (these will not look discrete to me in public use and people will definitely look twice )

I want it to come across more of a e cig look. Just trying to stay under the radar

The TM2 looks a beast but it’s too much money for me to justify spending at the moment and with being on holiday I will be wanting to keep my wits about me and not getting too medicated.

I guess battery life is important to me as I’m lazy with cleaning.

I’m still considering the AVLP but I just feel it looks a mess to keep clean

Ease of use is important to me too; loading and unloading.

I almost feel like the fury edge would be the best shape, more discreet, the roffu might be bigger than I thought after looking at the dimensions and rhe AVLP looks super cool but I did read the mouth peice was loose and comes away easy

I guess it’s really out of the roffu, AVLP and fury edge .

Someone please decide for me because this is doing my head in lol lol and I need to order tomorrow am for deadline to arrive in time for hols

Thanks in advance peeps

dave123,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
If you want a discrete "budget" electric portable, here, $67.20... cant beat it:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xmax-starry-4-portable-vaporizer.53918/post-1735000

But honestly I'd recommend changing up your hybrid conduction experience with more convection. I'd get the Roffu and I would stop looking at Rogue entirely. Even the Legacy Pro I'd go for before Pax or any HR product. ✌️

Edit: have you looked at the xmax v3 pro yet?

Last edited:
Bologna,
Reactions: Octavia

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the replies. I believe I’m down to a fury edge or a Roffu. AVLP I’m not sure about as it looks a little messy and it looks a bit of a strange contraption to vape in public plus it looks quite big!

Anyway for portability is the fury edge better than the roffu?

I did look at the roffu size and I’m wondering if it’s actually too big. It kinda looks bigger in some pics than I initially thought as on the websites it looks similar to a pax in size ??

Depends exactly how you are comparing, the size is similar, though the shapes are different... One is shorter, one is fatter etc. Roffu is only a bit bigger than pax really?

The main reason for the new purchase is to take a smaller vape abroad on holiday than the mighty OG

Any of these are going to be smaller than the big ass mighty for a trip abroad... Better to get one with replaceable batteries imo

A lot of people keep mentioning vapes with glass’s straws or stems (these will not look discrete to me in public use and people will definitely look twice )

I want it to come across more of a e cig look. Just trying to stay under the radar

A lot of e-cig have glass mouthpieces btw so I actually think you are wrong in this regard though it is totally personal preference! I mean people will look twice at anything, anyone inhaling from anything in my experience

The TM2 looks a beast but it’s too much money for me to justify spending at the moment and with being on holiday I will be wanting to keep my wits about me and not getting too medicated.

It is more efficient, being on demand, and pure convection, with full temperature range dial... So you can control how much medication easily and more than any of these others imo Yes it's expensive but it is much better, I'm literally never want to use any of the other ones we're talking about in comparison lol I reach for the TM 99% of the time and would rather take it with me as needed too... Much better vapor quality overall

I guess battery life is important to me as I’m lazy with cleaning.

What does battery life have to do with cleaning? It is more or less the same between all of these single battery hybrid units, it won't be as much as the mighty, but in some ways it could be more being more efficient and faster, plus this is where swappable batteries are very helpful...

I’m still considering the AVLP but I just feel it looks a mess to keep clean

Ease of use is important to me too; loading and unloading.

Yeah I haven't gotten this one for that reason, I'm super lazy with cleaning, that's a big reason why I like removable chambers, glass stem-based vapes make this very easy, for loading and unloading as well...

I almost feel like the fury edge would be the best shape, more discreet, the roffu might be bigger than I thought after looking at the dimensions and rhe AVLP looks super cool but I did read the mouth peice was loose and comes away easy

Someone please decide for me because this is doing my head in lol lol and I need to order tomorrow am for deadline to arrive in time for hols

Thanks in advance peeps

Haha what about the Rogue? It is a bit more capable than the little fury edge and still much smaller and in my opinion more useful than the mighty...

Petetbay

Never tried AVLP, can’t comment. I‘d go for the Roffu, cool vapor stock setup, wpa/glass mp is nice as well. I have the Rogue also, bigger bowl, easy to clean/maintain on the run, needs a glass mp to cool vapor, pretty discreet, slightly bigger than the Edge, some people find it has a plastic taste(all HR vapes have this trait).

Petetbay,
Reactions: Bologna

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
If you liked the Pax I think the IQ2 might be good for you. It's an excellent conduction vape and it's my go-to portable when I'm out because it's very discreet, easy to clean, rugged and has a huge bowl. The IQC is a less premium version but I think they're probably super similar and it has USB-C charging too. I'd give them a look.

Edit: IQ2 and IQC also have stainless steel dosing caps that work well.

Last edited:

2pumpchump

I haven’t. I will take a look now thanks !!
i heave the davinci miqro its the only battery device i have i was looking at the pax but was told it was not the best on flavor only problem with the miqro is battery life of the 18350 i would check in to the iq2 it takes 18650 both look Simler to e cig type vape mods

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
i heave the davinci miqro its the only battery device i have i was looking at the pax but was told it was not the best on flavor only problem with the miqro is battery life of the 18350 i would check in to the iq2 it takes 18650 both look Simler to e cig type vape mods
Also they have the IQC which is essentially the IQ2 but with a plastic mouthpiece, no adjustable airflow and I think a few other tweaks to make it a less customizable and cheaper iq2. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to try one but it was one of the vapes I considered before setting on a Solo2.

That said, out of all the options presented I’ve only tried the Rogue that I got for a friend’s wedding present. Works quite well, is about palm sized and the capsules are quite good at keeping the oven clean and it’s very easy to hide in a jacket pocket when you’re out and about.

dave123

Thanks for the replies I think I’m going for on demand

It has to be roffu vs AVLP now

The roffu gets very hot apparently in use which I don’t like the sound of.

I do like the sound of the cool vapour the AVLP puts out.

I’m lazy with cleaning and I am forgetting with charging with this in mind I think these 2 suit as they have removable batteries

The AVLP also has wireless charging

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

I’m lazy with cleaning and I am forgetting with charging with this in mind I think these 2 suit as they have removable batteries

Some improved dosing caps were just released for the AVLP which would go a long way to keeping it clean and making reloading easier. I love my AVLP for it's taste and efficiency but until now I didn't take it out much as it was a bit of a pain to reload. Check out the AVLP thread for more tips.

hinglemccringleberry

Fwiw, Ive owned both the Roffu and AVLP.
Both great vapes and you can't really go wrong with either.
But I prefer the ALP for these reasons:
-I live in a hot climate and you're right the Roffu gets damn hot when it's hot out. The ALP's hemp fabric really helps tone down the heat. The Roffu does have a silicone sleeve available, so it really doesn't matter.
-for me the ALP is easier to load on the go because of the form factor. It's easier to load than the Roffu or Pax. But YMMV with that.
-ALP has slightly better flavor (again, subjective)
-ALP has a bigger battery and heats up a bit quicker.
-i did additional mesh screens on the capsule lids of both devices, which keeps the vapor path completely free of particulates. The "messiness" concern with the ALP is a non issue for me. It's easier for me to clean the ALP than the Pax. I can clean it once a week instead of once every 3 days like I had to with the Pax 2. I use the ALP with no mouthpiece at all and it's nice because it makes it more portable and faster to clean. I also removed the gold disc above the chamber and I only use a capsule lid. The vape works great this way and has a pretty open draw.
That said, if I were forced to ditch the Airvape and use the Roffu, I would have no problem with that at all. You're not making a mistake buying either of these vapes.

Last edited:

zeusjames

-ALP has a bigger battery and heats up a bit quicker.
Are you referring to the stock battery rating? I know the Roffu uses an 18650 battery because I have one. To the best of my knowledge the ALVP also uses an 18650 battery too. I have a bunch of spares so I always have a charged one available. They are easy to swap out so a few extra minutes with one or the other doesn't make much difference. I haven't found consistency even with identical batteries. I highly recommend extra batteries so why not buy your battery of choice? I have several different brands and they all perform about the same so I just look for the best deal which is usually a Molicel.

zeusjames,

2pumpchump

Off topic other than 18650 Battery advice is all I can give at this point I have been using them with esig based modes for over 10 years getting Batteries that have a slightly higher maximum Continuous amp output. Then then your device is required will always Help but for own demand I would also look at the maximum peak discharge rate

2pumpchump,
Top Bottom