which desktop(s) or portable(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Do you like to vape for more than a couple hits?

Would you mind changing the bowl between hits?

Do you mind butane?

I think one factor I rarely see talked about is how quickly can a vape produce the MOST vapor. I mean many vapes can white-out a can. The difference is some need 5 second hits and others don't do anything until the second hit and you are sucking on a vape for 10+ seconds at a time.

jojo monkey,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
a. produces the MOST vapor?

Many, it depends on how you use the vaporizer. Pretty much 95% of the vaporizers we recommend are capable of producing that "milkshot" you see in videos. It all comes down to how you use the vaporizer.

b. most efficient use of your herbs?
I love this question - always confused because every single one of my vaporizers is capable of extracting all actives at the same temperature.

Sure some vaporizers take longer to extract the herb than others, but all of my vapes seem to have no problem getting a complete extraction. Except some can do it in two hits without stirring, and others take 30 minutes and stirring.

Maybe if you give us some input on how you intend to use the vaporizer, people can suggest vaporizers. There are many desktops and portables which can produce clouds like you wouldn't believe - but are they the right vaporizer for you? Maybe, maybe not.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I could pack a volcano and say it produces the most vapour due to volume. I could also pack an Herbalizer and say it produces the most in the shortest time. It really doesn't matter in my eyes if the vape makes massive clouds in seconds. It's the quality, flavour and effects that matter to me.

Winegums,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Sure some vaporizers take longer to extract the herb than others, but all of my vapes seem to have no problem getting a complete extraction.

I think terpenes are lost in those long extractions. The abv might look the same at the end and the clouds might be just as big - but it is not the same extraction. The proof is the difference in flavor. (well for me anyways)

Is getting high a cumulative thing or is it about overloading your body with one big terpene punch? I say punch.

It really doesn't matter in my eyes if the vape makes massive clouds in seconds. It's the quality, flavour and effects that matter to me.

I agree. Flavor is king and flavor = effect. This is the whole idea of extraction everything very quickly- you can get terpenes that won't appreciably show up in a slow extraction.

I've done my share of direct draw vs the volcano hits and flavor is lost in the volcano's process. It does kick ass for parties though.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have an Enano. It's a flavor maker to the end. @jojo monkey i disagree with the terpene statement above. I have good flavor and I use mine as a session vape. I will say the first 8 draws are the best. My session will last around 10 - 12 min or so.

I've never used the Volcano vaporizer.

I don't like using a bag while vaporizing, that takes away from flavor, I think the terpenes get lost somewhere.

I do find water takes away from the vapor taste which would be the terpenes. I do use water when I want a hotter temp for pain.

Edit
I have the EVO and I use that as a session vape, probably 8 min or so - maybe 10 draws, I don't count. I have flavor until towards the very end. I've been using the j hook and the regular mouthpiece. I have the VapeXhale Hydrobomb WT and use it dry as well as with water.

Last edited:

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
jkLQXa4.png

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147286#sec013

Now this is for THC, imagine the lower boiling point stuff like pinene? Look at the vape-or-smoke, the residue is almost as potent as the vapor!

http://vaporizertemp.com/components-cannabis-terpene-boiling-points-effects/

@CarolKing Just my 2 cents. Now I have yours!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It's good to have a lot of opinions and dialog regarding vaporizing our fav flower. You can't have this kinda conversation with the friends at work or your next door neighbor. I can't anyway.;) Good conversation @jojo monkey

CarolKing,
Reactions: h3rbalist

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Most vapour i wouldthink .. sublimator .. cloud ... supreme 3

VapourHaze,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Pretty much 95% of the vaporizers we recommend are capable of producing that "milkshot" you see in videos. It all comes down to how you use the vaporizer.
It also has a lot to do with lighting ;) , I like to turn my spots on in my music room while vaping, as you get to see huge vapour clouds when blown at them.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
HerbalAire for extraction, ground or full nugs the ha extracts like nothing I've seen. The Daisy or lily probably give me my biggest clouds (instant too).

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: Tommy10

ginolicious

My Vapir rise 2.0 treats me very well. Very underrated device on these boards. Mind you I stopped using it daily because I don't vape every day.

ginolicious,

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Just based on what I have seen here:
Cloud Evo/Vap3/Plenty/7th Floor line (since the heating element is all the same) for desktops tend to get the best accolades. If you're into bags then Volcano? I hate the idea of bags personally, but that's once again a taste preference.

For portables, this seems a lot more convoluted. If you like using lighters/torches there are awesome (and very inexpensive) options. If you're like me and don't want that, then there are even more. Crafty seems to be the reigning champ, with the Firefly 2 and Grasshopper, but even those two are very "specific" tastes and purposes.

I absolutely love the clouds from my Flowermate, but I am sure if I was willing to spend 3x more I'd get better results (although I don't think 3x better results, which is why I am hesitant to spend that much).

For me, it comes down to quality/cost ratio, or diminishing returns. If I can get almost a Cloud Evo result from a Vap3 for 1/2 the price, that's what I'm going to do. Or the the LSV is great but not quite the evo, once again, for 1/2 (or 1/3) of the price, that's what I'll do.

I buy Hondas. Are they the fanciest? Nope. But they last an incredibly long time, have some of the best resell value, and are incredibly dependable. Will I win any races? No. Is mine the fanciest? Well, I have a van, so HELL no. But I won't have to buy another car for almost a decade, so I'm good. I take the same approach to everything, including vapes.

Last edited:
yogoshio,

turk

turk
...highly subjective...(as this site proves)...although I'm always intrigued how the"market" gives us a plethora of models for vaping...yet in the American political model we are offered only two (repug/dem) solutions for our problems....funny that.

turk,

VAPEHUNTER

You may want to take a look at the Supreme3 vaporizer. I just ordered one Friday but haven't received it yet. From the reviews and videos it looks like one of the best cloud producing vaporizers around.
below is the link to the Supreme thread. I linked it to page 58 cause that's when the Supreme transitioned from "S2" to "S3".

LINK→ http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/supreme-vaporizer.317/page-58

Here is a nice little video showing the S3 in use.

VAPEHUNTER,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom