Which 2 vapes should I add to my collection? Lotus, Camouflet Convector, or The Stunner?

Datoneguy

I currently own a Vapcap and Anvil. I am looking to expand my collection with more butane vapes that cover the convection end of things and specifically convection vapes that can vape loads as low as .05-.1 (.15 max) well. Which of the 3 in the title would you recommend to compliment my other vapes? I'm also open to vapes not listed above but they have to be butane vapes. I'm going to explain some further specifics below.

I am thinking that maybe the stunner fits a role similiar to the Anvil, but I have no idea because I have yet to try any ball vapes, would love to hear from people who own both and if it's worth owning both (or are they different enough to cover more ground by having both). I also wanted to include the tempest because it apparently might lean more convection for a ball vape but it's not out, so probably a no on that (looks cool though).

Lastly, I want to mention that I prefer a more heady high overall. I've noticed some vapes do this better than others and I'm not sure why. But my logs and Da Buddha have brought this sort of signature out the best for me in the past (can't use desktops though atm), and I really want vape(s) that have a similiar signature if possible. My P80 didn't give me that effect so much, but it did hit hard and give strong highs. So if anyone has knowledge or experience of these specific vape signatures, I'd love to hear your takes on them. Again, you can also bring up other butane portable (prefferably convection or convection leaning) vapes.

Appreciate any thoughts on which 2 vapes will fill out the rest of my colleciton best.

Last edited:
Datoneguy,
Reactions: friedrich

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Vapman and Lotus are pretty special and unique, capable of more than a dynavap... I would also highly recommend sticky bricks and similar direct torch pure convection vapes (stunner should be quite good though as I have the thermal accumulator, but a lot of people like the anvil and dani)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good Vibes Boro actually has a nice quartz torch ball vape called the 18 mm Killer and a direct torch one called submarine I think?... Lamart Piro is also awesome :2c::peace::tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Photonic

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I’ve actually owned all the vapes you mentioned besides the lotus which is on my list to get one day if they ever bring back the og stems.

Really can’t go wrong with any of them, the stunner and anvil are more convection focused so will give you more of a head high. The convector is the same but a bit of a learning curve

coolbreeze

The Convector is actually a really nice vape. If you have some Dyna stems you can just get the tip and cap and you'll have to good parts. That said, Lotus is a classic for a reason. Both are dead simple to use, heat up/cool down very quickly so they're pocketable, great flavor, heady convection effects. I'd recommend the Lotus first but don't sleep on the Convector, it's a great vape. Both are great through water, too.

Datoneguy

The Convector is actually a really nice vape. If you have some Dyna stems you can just get the tip and cap and you'll have to good parts. That said, Lotus is a classic for a reason. Both are dead simple to use, heat up/cool down very quickly so they're pocketable, great flavor, heady convection effects. I'd recommend the Lotus first but don't sleep on the Convector, it's a great vape. Both are great through water, too.
Sweet, thanks! Considering getting lotus atm actually, I can’t tell if there is a difference between the sale atm and when they finally release the vape, like what are benefits of now vs later? Would it be wise to wait or jump on it now? Not sure if price will go up, but ideally i’d like to get it with a jhook and metal stem, any idea if they’ll offer that down the line?

I was going to just get a convector only out of these vapes but i’d love to have more convection butane optionsin general i think.

Edit: got a lotus, can ignore question. Im on board. Considering convector next.
Really wanting to have a handful of nice butane vapes atm. Lotus, anvil, vapcap, convector maybe, and tempest maybe. Then my butane vas will be good… maybe lol. Oh wait, that vapman looks good too… hmm but my vapcap is similar enough to cover that basically…but the vapman ritual looks fun… hmm maybe down the line… Haha. Vas is real.

Last edited:

warren0728

Sweet, thanks! Considering getting lotus atm actually, I can’t tell if there is a difference between the sale atm and when they finally release the vape, like what are benefits of now vs later? Would it be wise to wait or jump on it now? Not sure if price will go up, but ideally i’d like to get it with a jhook and metal stem, any idea if they’ll offer that down the line?

I was going to just get a convector only out of these vapes but i’d love to have more convection butane optionsin general i think.

Edit: got a lotus, can ignore question. Im on board. Considering convector next.
Really wanting to have a handful of nice butane vapes atm. Lotus, anvil, vapcap, convector maybe, and tempest maybe. Then my butane vas will be good… maybe lol. Oh wait, that vapman looks good too… hmm… maybe down the line… Haha. Vas is real.
if you’re looking for adding to your butane vapes you need a sticky brick too … they hit hard!

coolbreeze

I was going to just get a convector but i’d love to have more convection butane options i think.
I'm not sure they will be different. The initial presale ones were supposed to have a brushed metal ring I think, but mine doesn't look much different to me. Otherwise I think they'll be the same now and later. Not sure about the price, but the presale is dirt cheap so I would jump on it and go back for the stem later.
if you’re looking for adding to your butane vapes you need a sticky brick too … they hit hard!
He ain't lyin'! The OG is one of the classic great vapes. And there are a ton of brick-style vapes that are made to sit on a bong joint, many of which are perfect for the j-hook, etc. Unlike the Lotus, they are heated directly from the flame, but they are amazingly productive or tasty sippers, however you drive it.

Datoneguy

Tbh, i’ve tried twice. Cant get into direct butane tbh, thats why the lotus has always been more to my taste. Im jealous of those that do get on with that brick game though, powerful vape for sure.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Then my butane vas will be good…
Until you try one of the glass ones... ; )
Oh wait, that vapman looks good too… hmm but my vapcap is similar enough to cover that basically…but the vapman ritual looks fun… hmm maybe down the line… Haha. Vas is real.
Hah! I am sure I will not be alone in recommending that one! It is conductiony like a DV, but...let's just say there's a little extra magic.

Datoneguy

Until you try one of the glass ones... ; )

Hah! I am sure I will not be alone in recommending that one! It is conductiony like a DV, but...let's just say there's a little extra magic.
You’re probably right, which i why i keep telling myself im a clutz who drops stuff a lot to fend that off lol. Terpcice looks cool though… damn lol.

You have me intrigued. Describe the vapman magic, but not so well that i can’t help but get it right now, only well enough that i consider picking it up down the line. It’s a fine line there lol.

@Datoneguy you are now formally invited to participate in this thread
Thank you, It’s an honor!

coolbreeze

Well, I will say that it does flavor very well, gets you really high for the .08 or so that fits, works well outside, especially under the trees, and is a go-to hash vape. But it's really the object itself that kind of makes the experience. It's sort of uncanny how the feel of it, the size, the texture of the wood, the shapes and volumes and voids, the weight, etc just feel right in your hand. It's like one of those clever little German toys your grandmother grew up with, or the handmade tools on your Grandpa's bench: simple, elegant, perfect for the purpose, etc. As you learn to use it, you grow together in a way, it becomes an intimate relationship in a way other vapes can't meet. Part of this is the ritual of use, the slow, deliberate act of roasting your way through this tiny bowl using skill and intuition to get the best out of it. It's immensely rewarding.

I know this falls short, but it's hard to put magic into words! ; )

Radwin Bodnic

As usual, Mr. @coolbreeze is totally on point.
I would just add that the Vapman is one of those few devices designed down to the essence of what a conduction butane powered micro doser is. It is super well balanced : there's nothing superfluous and there's nothing left.
In a few words : minimalism at its finest.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I've handled a lot of vaporizers in my time (literally lost count of how many I've handled over the past decade for the business). While I honestly haven't tried two of those devices on your list, I can say without a doubt that the Lotus was one of my top five vaporizers of all time. I regret selling mine a long time ago and considering a new copy now that they're back on the market.

In my opinion the Lotus with the Grav Labs J-Hook and a pinch of water in the crook of the hook was perfection 🤌 . The water created a natural perc which moisturized the hit while helping you gauge the draw speed, while transferring a soothing purring sensation to your lips that really added to the whole experience.

Plus with some experience and practice, one could quickly heatup and extract a microdose quicker than dang near any other device on the market while retaining the flavor (no roasting flavor if you heat evenly enough). It was one device I never shared with friends because I feared combustion that would tarnish the flavor of the device 😆

I certainly plan to add a new Lotus and another j-hook back to my collection at some point in the future.

Farid

The Lotus' heat while inhaling experience is going to be a lot more unique then the other options, which will be more similar to the vapcap and anvil. It makes it feel a lot more like smoking.

I too regret selling mine years ago, and the only reason I sold it was because I was using the torch incorrectly, and wasn't purging it properly when filling.

The Lotus offers very good flavor because of how it heats. You start inhaling while the temperature is still ramping up, so your hit is a combination of the good flavor from the low temperature fraction, and thick vapor from the higher temperature fraction. If you like a heady experience I'd go for the lotus 100%.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
The Lotus' heat while inhaling experience is going to be a lot more unique then the other options, which will be more similar to the vapcap and anvil. It makes it feel a lot more like smoking.

I too regret selling mine years ago, and the only reason I sold it was because I was using the torch incorrectly, and wasn't purging it properly when filling.

The Lotus offers very good flavor because of how it heats. You start inhaling while the temperature is still ramping up, so your hit is a combination of the good flavor from the low temperature fraction, and thick vapor from the higher temperature fraction. If you like a heady experience I'd go for the lotus 100%.

Yep, with proper torch control it's amazing how fast you can heat the device. I found a figure-8 pattern worked best to get a nice uniform extraction while keeping the torch moving. I've never been able to take another vape so close to the cusp of combustion only to have the capability to pull back at the last millisecond before flashing over.

Top Bottom