1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Which 18650 battery charger?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by bluenavey00, Dec 20, 2018.

1. bluenavey00

bluenavey00 Arizer Air Aficionado

Hi all,

I have an Arizer Air I and II and for many years I have always charged the batteries in the device. I think now I would like a 18650 charger to charge the 6 batteries I have on rotation. Could some people advice which they think is best?

Requirements:
    • I'm in the UK, and Amazon is convenient and quick to order from.
    • 2 battery capacity, I travel a lot so I like it being small.
    • I'd like to have a digital screen, or at least some type of charge percentage.
    • Do any have the ability to choose max charge level, so I could charge to 80% to conserve the battery.

I have found these two which satisfy some of the retirements.
    1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/XTAR-Premi...=8-3&keywords=18650+battery+charger+xtar&th=1
    2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitecore-I...1244&sr=8-3&keywords=18650+battery+charger+i2

The other question I had was max charge rate. Some charge up to .5 amp and others 1 amp. What kind of charge time could I be looking at with each rate for a Panasonic NCR18650B. I'm pretty sure slower charge is better for the battery, but what do most people go for?

2. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

bluenavey00 likes this.
  3. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

4. ClearBlueLou

ClearBlueLou unbearably light in the being....

The Nitecore 4-unit charger is really nice, works great, and is like a pound over the 2-unit.

bluenavey00 likes this.
  5. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

I have an Xtar VC2 which I like but you need to plug it in to check the power level of your battery.

Anyone with a nightcore able to tell me if you can test batteries in it without having to plug in to the charge cable?

bluenavey00 likes this.
  6. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

my nitecore D4 and my XTAR ANT MC1 (I arrive with my milaana) need to be plugged into the power to show the level of the batteries

GreenHopper and Summer like this.
  7. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Thanks @Whissmu, seems a shame to me that these chargers can't act as battery testers unless plugged in to the mains.

I was hoping a unit like the ANT MC1 would so that we could test batteries used in manual vapes like the Milaana whilst out and about.

Vapeur Rogue, Whissmu and Summer like this.
  8. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

I had the same thought when I got my Milaana :bang: and I even thought about buying some kind of tester :mental: -> https://es.banggood.com/18650-26650...&utm_campaign=pla-esg-ele-pc&cur_warehouse=CN I guess a tester without need electrical network would spend battery and this could be practical to leave my batteries in storage mode (3.85v) when I need to download a battery without using vaporizers :tinfoil:

Vapeur Rogue likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors