Where do we go now? Improving our cannabis relationship.

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Unfortunately PAWS are very real. I had it up to last week (I hope it won't be back!) and I am 194 days without weed. and I would never suggest anybody vaporizing every day
**MEDICAL USERS ARE EXCLUDED

I don't want to discredit anyone's personal experience. So let me start off by congratulating you for overcoming your obstacles.

But I stand by my assertion that all cannabis use is medical/therapeutic.

TheFatBastard

Try a good microdosing vaporizer. Like something designed to vape 10mg to 20mg.
You'll be surprised how much you can get from a lot less material. That can help with the guilt of consuming too much and the effects are imo more enjoyable. Especially for meditating, stretching, playing music...

Less is more !

Yes, I have a New Vape Flowerpot I bought when it came out that works for that. Gotta try microdosing again, it is fun.

Did I miss it or did you say what field you moved in to after quitting your job? Cause it read like you were in a high stress job and finally took the plunge in quitting and changing your life but only then described vaping every day.

I think really it comes down to if anyone else is affected negatively by this. If you're affected negatively. If it's all positive and you are still a good husband and father and still are providing for your family I don't think there's much to be worried about unless your consumption level is gradually increasing over time. I would say just aim to be in a place where you are still having a great time when you partake and it's a net positive for your life (which isn't always easy to determine in an objective sense when you are immersed in it).

Sorry, I didn’t say anything about my new “status”. I started my own business, basically I professionalized my hobby, which is also my passion, and now I only have to work just a few hours a day. That‘s why I have a lot more of time and can vape everyday if I want to, though I like to have free vaping days, indeed, my main idea is maybe going back to vape only on weekends…. But the temptation is always there, that’s the kind of balance I want to achieve, enjoy cannabis without “abusing“ it, though as I said, I don’t really vape that much.

I really think cannabis improved my life…. I make more money than I used to make in my old job, I do what I love so I don’t feel like working at all, and I have more time to spend with my kids and my wife, so that has improved my family relationships. Sometimes I think that I could use the vaping time to do other productive things, like improve my playing, compose, write, read or whatever…. But since I have all the time in the world, I can do that any other time and still enjoy my vaping sessions. Indeed, I’m coming back to the university in a week to study a major Psychology degree (I already have one in Business Administration).

darkstar72

Yes, I have a New Vape Flowerpot I bought when it came out that works for that. Gotta try microdosing again, it is fun.

Sorry, I didn’t say anything about my new “status”. I started my own business, basically I professionalized my hobby, which is also my passion, and now I only have to work just a few hours a day. That‘s why I have a lot more of time and can vape everyday if I want to, though I like to have free vaping days, indeed, my main idea is maybe going back to vape only on weekends…. But the temptation is always there, that’s the kind of balance I want to achieve, enjoy cannabis without “abusing“ it, though as I said, I don’t really vape that much.

I really think cannabis improved my life…. I make more money than I used to make in my old job, I do what I love so I don’t feel like working at all, and I have more time to spend with my kids and my wife, so that has improved my family relationships. Sometimes I think that I could use the vaping time to do other productive things, like improve my playing, compose, write, read or whatever…. But since I have all the time in the world, I can do that any other time and still enjoy my vaping sessions. Indeed, I’m coming back to the university in a week to study a major Psychology degree (I already have one in Business Administration).
I really enjoyed reading this thread. Congratulations on the successful life change career wise. Herb for me is a thing I really enjoy. I may consume as often or more often than you but not nearly as much. Maybe dosing smaller amounts could help? I've found a little goes a long way with my heat island log vape. Like daily use but a gram or so a month. Everyone is different though so ymmv.

TheFatBastard

I really enjoyed reading this thread. Congratulations on the successful life change career wise. Herb for me is a thing I really enjoy. I may consume as often or more often than you but not nearly as much. Maybe dosing smaller amounts could help? I've found a little goes a long way with my heat island log vape. Like daily use but a gram or so a month. Everyone is different though so ymmv.

Thanks for the nice words!

I was thinking too about vaping less weed per session. I do some sessions with my ArGo, which is around 0.15g per session. Never had a log vape, feel curious about it. I started with an V-Tower (same as Extreme Q without the fan), then the NewVape Flowerpot (a fucking beast) and got an Argo for using from time to time at the beach.

I have some VAS and was thinking about getting a Mighty+ or maybe a Crafty+…… I’m definitely gonna give a try to less weed sessions and try to ”reset” my endocannabinoid system. Any recommendations for a new vape?

I really like vaping everyday, and I really think it helps me deal with an anxious / very nervous personality. I’m considered a “intelectual gifted” person, and my brain goes sometimes too fast for me. I really think weed helps with that, but I’m always thinking and considering that I may be wrong, is like an internal mind battle :rofl:

Guess that, at the end of the day, is just what makes you happy and doesn’t affect you negatively.

darkstar72

The brain is like the most fascinating thing out there. Psychologyand Buddhism fascinate me these days. I've been trying to meditate a half an hour a day in the morning ,most days, for the past year. It's not easy but has allowed me to watch my thought patters while meditating which is interesting.

As for logs, they are convection vapes unlike most portables. The underdog log vape is $195. Logs are practically indistructable and mini dose well. I use mine with a dhgate $13 dimpled j-hook which cools the vapor nicely. I don't like hot vapor on the back of my throat and don't have a water piece as I'm a miser with my herb. So I like j-hooks. That's just me, everyone is different.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was thinking too about vaping less weed per session. I do some sessions with my ArGo, which is around 0.15g per session. Never had a log vape, feel curious about it. I started with an V-Tower (same as Extreme Q without the fan), then the NewVape Flowerpot (a fucking beast) and got an Argo for using from time to time at the beach.

I have some VAS and was thinking about getting a Mighty+ or maybe a Crafty+…… I’m definitely gonna give a try to less weed sessions

Yeah okay, I think you should definitely upgrade your vapes if you were just using Arizer portables and plug-in... Those are some of the weaker less efficient models comparatively (whoops skimmed over the flower pot lol different category there but even more reason to get a log then or pure convection on demand portable) You should absolutely just get a log vape, for plug-in at home, so much more efficient and would enhance your experience in many ways... Reach out to alan@toasty-top.com to see what Heat Islands he has ready to sell and ship currently, there is a longer custom waitlist too, but you can get what he has available now for cheaper than any other log and they are very simple and pure with a lot of different options for bowl pathways aka stems... Mighty and Crafty are not going to help you conserve much you'll just end up using more imo what you need is a full powered convection unit for on demand hits and no waste so you can use less :2c::peace::cool:

passenger

is this thing on?
If you consider to vape less, personally I have had very good results with the Vapman. You can literally vape reliable just tiny specs of weed with it if you desire so. I'm in the medical corner and have tried a variety of vaporizers and I still consider the Vapman as one of the best, especially for smallish loads of 0.075g and below. Don't be afraid of the torch, it's pretty easy. It's even better with the station (wall powered heater) which is expected to be available again at some point. If you have questions, it's thread is pretty active and helpful.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah, I’m definitely curious about Log Vapes, maybe I shoukd get one.

I’m based in Europe, which one would you recommend me to buy?

Always heard good words about the CouchLog…
I adore the CouchLog, but I know it is not for everyone. Some think it is not a heavy enough hitter. Some don't like controlling their draw for the best performance. But for me it is probably my most "natural" vape.

But as @Shit Snacks said, it's not a traditional log really. It can be a nice session sipper with the direct draw stem on lower temps, but it is not the same.

When I want that real, classic log experience my favorite is also the Heat Island. It also just plain delivers a mellow session and really brings out fantastic flavors, especially with the right stems. I really like the paper stems like Alan recommends for absolutely pure taste.

Anyway I have a few other logs, but those are my favorites!

TheFatBastard

Sorry for my ignorance but, what are the main differences in experience / sessions comparing the New Vape Flowerpot and a traditional log vape?

I thought the Flowerpot was way efficient with microdosing.

TheFatBastard,
Reactions: Grass Yes

GoldenBud

Sorry for my ignorance but, what are the main differences in experience / sessions comparing the New Vape Flowerpot and a traditional log vape?
the CouchLog is limited to 24W (I think) or even less (12V, 2A) and FP based on a PID's coil which can supply around of 60W steady or even more
so the CL will need to gain more power between hits, and the heater is smaller, less beads, etc'

both will be great for microdosing, the CL uses smaller bowl i think

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

I think it depends on how you want to microdose. A Flowerpot is great for a one-and-done hit of a small amount of material.

A traditional log can let you savor the same small amount over a longer session. And you could potentially meter your dose more easily.

A FP will probably extract everything you put in the bowl right away, which could be more than you need. A slower extraction could let you decide after each hit if you are good.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah just because some are known for excelling at it in particular doesn't mean others can't do it just as well really, but the traditional log has a smaller chamber, even the larger size ones, and not being injector style makes it a different experience as well... It just keeps you using less easier I think as it is more designed that way but you can also do more with them too! different

Carbon

Sometimes I think that I could use the vaping time to do other productive things, like improve my playing, compose, write, read or whatever…. But since I have all the time in the world, I can do that any other time and still enjoy my vaping sessions. Indeed, I’m coming back to the university in a week to study a major Psychology degree (I already have one in Business Administration).
The thing I noticed in myself vs other more hardcore stoners way back when was that for me the consumption was used to enhance another interesting activity. Whether it be playing video games, doing yoga or meditation, swimming, listening to music, whatever. For them a lot of the time it seemed like the smoking or vaping was the primary activity. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but do you see what I'm getting at? Maybe this is just me and I'm not trying to be holier than thou. I think just sitting and enjoying the feeling on its own is perfectly fine some of the time. But when the primary focus for some became the smoking itself rather than whatever else, that's what gave me some pause. I hope that makes sense.

GoldenBud

For me, the main benefits of Cannabis are greater inspiration and deeper sleep;
You can get greater inspiration and deeper sleep from Anaerobic exercise too. No need to inhale organic substances imho, but it all depends the cost of herb and if u have mucus or not. If weed is cheap and no mucus weed is great too

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

kimura

the only thing you should consider in assessing your relationship with cannabis are the costs and benefits, for your specific situation. is it harming you or causing harm to others? is it causing you to neglect responsibilities or relationships? does it help with stress, anxiety, depression, pain, sleep, or lingering effects of trauma? does it help you maintain a healthy perspective and outlook on the world? is it a financial burden? does it help you to smile and live in the present moment instead of always thinking and worrying about what's next? is it going to get you fired or arrested? does it make you feel bad when you take a break?

outside of any practical concerns, the more ideological criticisms like "you shouldn't have to consume cannabis" are just the vestiges of puritanical indoctrination (speaking as an American here, probably applies to all former British colonies if I had to guess). just another way of beating yourself for not being good enough. fuck that. "shouldn't" in this case is a myth. I "shouldn't" have stress, anxiety, or back pain either.

I too am a strong advocate of "less is more" with regard to dosage, but that's purely a practical concern to keep my lungs healthy, tolerance in check, and to maintain focus such that I can carry out all of my responsibilities. also highly recommend finding the highest quality possible, and selecting specific plants/strains that give you the specific effects/experience you want.

I vape a small amount a few times a day, and have done so for over a decade, so you may take all this as me justifying my behavior. but every time I take a break to check myself, I'm always underwhelmed. for me, there just isn't much upside to not vaping, and I have beat myself up enough for more than one lifetime already

GoldenBud

I vape a small amount a few times a day, and have done so for over a decade, so you may take all this as me justifying my behavior. but every time a take a break to check myself, I'm always underwhelmed. for me, there just isn't much upside to not vaping, and I have beat myself up enough for more than one lifetime already
did you try taking like 6-12 months without weed? and how did you feel if so?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: kimura

kimura

did you try taking like 6-12 months without weed? and how did you feel if so?

I have taken a few months off, but it was over a decade ago. I felt mildly more aggressive, less patient, didn't sleep as well, saved a little money. that was about it

edit: due to some childhood issues I have a tendency to be super hard on myself and then project that onto others such that they are not good enough either. I did much more of that while on break... yes therapy helps with this stuff but for me so does weed

GoldenBud

I have taken a few months off, but it was over a decade ago. I felt mildly more aggressive, less patient, didn't sleep as well, saved a little money. that was about it
same happened to me, but my PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) are 99% over. no more anger, headaches, etc'
I recommend taking 6+ months to see how it works for you
you're gonna save money and your lungs will be cleaned

GoldenBud,

kimura

same happened to me, but my PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) are 99% over. no more anger, headaches, etc'
I recommend taking 6+ months to see how it works for you
you're gonna save money and your lungs will be cleaned

I appreciate the sentiment but I run like 3+ miles 3x per week, exercise every day, and don't buy weed. vape maybe 3 vapman bowls worth per day. I think the only benefits would be things outside of money and my lungs. I don't believe I've ever had any real withdrawal symptoms and I have gone 3-4 months without. maybe I'll feel compelled to check again some day. always good to check yourself. some of us are a bit of a mess and might be happier and healthier with cannabis, while others might be better off without

GoldenBud

I appreciate the sentiment but I run like 3+ miles 3x per week, exercise every day, and don't buy weed. vape maybe 3 vapman bowls worth per day. I think the only benefits would be things outside of money and my lungs. I don't believe I've ever had any real withdrawal symptoms and I have gone 3-4 months without. maybe I'll feel compelled to check again some day. always good to check yourself. some of us are a bit of a mess and might be happier and healthier with cannabis, while others might be better off without
Very happy to hear this. Always wanted to vape 0.3gr max per day but I just wanted more and more until it became 1gr+ per day so I decided to quit for good... Vaporizing too much has 0 benefits for short and long term

GoldenBud,
  • Love
Top Bottom