Where do we go now? Improving our cannabis relationship.

TheFatBastard

Hey guys!

It has been 6 years and a half since I started vaping, indeed, since I started consuming cannabis.

I was 38 years old, I was REALLY stressed in a white collar / high pay job I was really sick of after 15 years, and started vaping recreationally only on saturdays.

Damn, greats saturday nights back then!!!:science::lol:

I noticed it also lowered my anxiety, and made me think a lot about my life. I must say, I use to vape in total dark listening to music, in a very introspective way. I like a lot meditating and thinking in my vaping sessions. I use to continuously overthink when I’m sober, but cannabis really helped me with that.

Then, reaching to my 40’s, kids growing up…. I realized I wasn't happy with my professional life, and how it was affecting my personal life. Though most people could though I was “successful”, I wanted something else.

By then, I started vaping from friday to sundays, it was my escape from the shit I had to deal at work and a reward for hanging on there. That was like 3 years ago.

In my meditating / introspective thinking vaping sessions, I used to fantasize about quitting my job and start a new professional life doing something I really love and I’m good at. But I have a big mortgage, two kids, I needed to make good money if I didn’t want my family to suffer a decrease in their life level. It was a really hard decission, quitting a job that is a dream job for most peope… but I really wanted to be happy, so, I started visualizing it, little by little, until I had it all figured out…. And took the leap.

The decission was made, but I had to wait for the right moment to do it. I started thinking “damn, am I a fucking idiot leaving such job?” I started thinking cannabis was affecting my thinking and my behaviour….but it wasn’t true, it simply helped me realize what I wanted and how to do it.

By then, I started to vape on mondays and maybe another weekday, and of course through the weekends.

When I quit my job and started my new life, I had plenty of time, so I enjoy vaping almost everyday, no because I need it, but because I like it. I enjoy going to my cave, put a record on the turntable and have a nice moment for myself. Only downside to this is that I use to eat more at dinner….but I’m happier too :D

I must say that my consumption has been always the same….. maybe 0.10 / 0.20g in a 2/3 hour session in the evenings. I have rarely vaped twice a day in all these years, just maybe when I go to the beach and enjoy a little microdose session with my Argo, and then feel like going to my cave again in the evening.

I have had breaks, one week, two, a month…..I can totally manage to make breaks with no withdrawals symptoms at all. Maybe I take a litle more time to fall asleep, but almost imperceptible to be honest. Maybe is because I don’t comsume that much, or at least, is what I think.

I feel a little guilty vaping almost everyday. I didn’t want it to become a daily habit, so I use to leave one to three days without vaping each week. I really like to vape, but if I don’t, is not a big deal, really. Specially if I have something to do.

I love the highs I get when I stop vaping for 3 or 5 days, butI don’t really know if it is worth the wait of the days that I don’t vape…. I simply vape when I feel too, but I notice that if I vape 3/4 days in a row, vaping is not that fun anymore. Maybe I’m getting used to it, or to the set and setting….

I’m a very anxious person, not a pathology, but a condition. I use to overthink, probably too much, my head goes too fast for most people, and cannabis really gives me perspective and makes life more enjoyable, or at least that what I think.

Resuming, now I’m happy, I’m making more money than I used to do in my old job doing something I love and I have a lot of spare time for my own, which leads me to love vaping almost everyday.

I’d like to improve my relationship with cannabis after almost 7 years, so, after reading my story, I’d like you guys to give me your 2 cents on some of these questions I make to myself:

- Am I vaping too much? I don’t think so, guess I’m around 1gr per week, in 4 to 5 sessions a week.
- Should I leave at least two days between sessions? Maybe that way I’ll enjoy these sessions more than I do….
- Is good to have this “habit”? Because I really think it has become an habit, maybe not a bad habit, but an habit after all.
- Is sustainable to vape everyday and keep enjoying cannabis? You know, it ain’t a party if it happens everyday, but thewaiting is the hardest part :rofl:

Also, any advices / points of view are welcome.

Thanks in advance to everybody! :cheers:

GoldenBud

I feel a little guilty vaping almost everyday. I didn’t want it to become a daily habit, so I use to leave one to three days without vaping each week. I really like to vape, but if I don’t, is not a big deal, really. Specially if I have something to do.
I agree with you, except for medical users, I don't think anybody should vape veryday or almost everyday, THC. CBD maybe yea it's fine, but low dosage, very low, keep your lungs only for Air.

GoldenBud

No you're not 1g a week is not much on the scale of consumption. Definitely best to alternate with CBD though and give the THC a rest for a day or so.
I agree, but I wouldn't recommend taking a single hit every day... or every 2... take 3 hits every 3 days, sounds better...

GoldenBud,

Striped121

I like to play around with CBD flower and mix it with whatever THC flower I'm vaping at different ratios. It keeps it interesting and gives a lot of different effects.

Mixing CBD with THC bud will Soothe your soul. Jamaican weed has a good percentage of CBD ask any Rasta.

Last edited:

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
You will consume as much cannabis as your body needs. It will tell you if/when it gets to be too much. Listen to it. If you feel like a day or two break is beneficial, by all means, please do so.

There is no wrong way to use this medicine. Other than combustion of course. Seriously, fuck combustion.

Final point of view, all cannabis use is medical.

GoldenBud

Final point of view, all cannabis use is medical.
except for people who got addicted and had PAWS even 6 months after using. but these people probably used too much weed, everyday, like i did. everything should be taken in moderation in this life.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Magic9

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Hey guys!

It has been 6 years and a half since I started vaping, indeed, since I started consuming cannabis.

I was 38 years old, I was REALLY stressed in a white collar / high pay job I was really sick of after 15 years, and started vaping recreationally only on saturdays.

I noticed it also lowered my anxiety, and made me think a lot about my life. I must say, I use to vape in total dark listening to music, in a very introspective way. I like a lot meditating and thinking in my vaping sessions. I use to continuously overthink when I’m sober, but cannabis really helped me with that.

Then, reaching to my 40’s, kids growing up…. I realized I wasn't happy with my professional life, and how it was affecting my personal life. Though most people could though I was “successful”, I wanted something else.

By then, I started vaping from friday to sundays, it was my escape from the shit I had to deal at work and a reward for hanging on there. That was like 3 years ago.

In my meditating / introspective thinking vaping sessions, I used to fantasize about quitting my job and start a new professional life doing something I really love and I’m good at. But I have a big mortgage, two kids, I needed to make good money if I didn’t want my family to suffer a decrease in their life level. It was a really hard decission, quitting a job that is a dream job for most peope… but I really wanted to be happy, so, I started visualizing it, little by little, until I had it all figured out…. And took the leap.

The decission was made, but I had to wait for the right moment to do it. I started thinking “damn, am I a fucking idiot leaving such job?” I started thinking cannabis was affecting my thinking and my behaviour….but it wasn’t true, it simply helped me realize what I wanted and how to do it.

By then, I started to vape on mondays and maybe another weekday, and of course through the weekends.

When I quit my job and started my new life, I had plenty of time, so I enjoy vaping almost everyday, no because I need it, but because I like it. I enjoy going to my cave, put a record on the turntable and have a nice moment for myself. Only downside to this is that I use to eat more at dinner….but I’m happier too :D

I must say that my consumption has been always the same….. maybe 0.10 / 0.20g in a 2/3 hour session in the evenings. I have rarely vaped twice a day in all these years, just maybe when I go to the beach and enjoy a little microdose session with my Argo, and then feel like going to my cave again in the evening.

I have had breaks, one week, two, a month…..I can totally manage to make breaks with no withdrawals symptoms at all. Maybe I take a litle more time to fall asleep, but almost imperceptible to be honest. Maybe is because I don’t comsume that much, or at least, is what I think.

I love the highs I get when I stop vaping for 3 or 5 days, butI don’t really know if it is worth the wait of the days that I don’t vape…. I simply vape when I feel too, but I notice that if I vape 3/4 days in a row, vaping is not that fun anymore. Maybe I’m getting used to it, or to the set and setting….

I’m a very anxious person, not a pathology, but a condition. I use to overthink, probably too much, my head goes too fast for most people, and cannabis really gives me perspective and makes life more enjoyable, or at least that what I think.

Resuming, now I’m happy, I’m making more money than I used to do in my old job doing something I love and I have a lot of spare time for my own, which leads me to love vaping almost everyday.

I’d like to improve my relationship with cannabis after almost 7 years, so, after reading my story, I’d like you guys to give me your 2 cents on some of these questions I make to myself:

- Am I vaping too much? I don’t think so, guess I’m around 1gr per week, in 4 to 5 sessions a week.
- Should I leave at least two days between sessions? Maybe that way I’ll enjoy these sessions more than I do….
- Is good to have this “habit”? Because I really think it has become an habit, maybe not a bad habit, but an habit after all.
- Is sustainable to vape everyday and keep enjoying cannabis? You know, it ain’t a party if it happens everyday, but thewaiting is the hardest part :rofl:

You are not vaping too much. In my opinion.
I can go through over 2 grams a day on a bad day (pain). I still enjoy cannabis.
Been using it 20 years, nowadays the quality makes more difference.
The health effects of that amount should be minimal.
Best advice i can think of is learn to play guitar, or any other instrument. Improves enjoyement of playing, and the playing improves enjoyment of the weed....

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
except for people who got addicted and had PAWS even 6 months after using. but these people probably used too much weed, everyday, like i did. everything should be taken in moderation in this life.
I had to google PAWS (post acute withdrawal symptoms), and it sounds dubious at best in regards to cannabis. So we'll have to respectfully disagree with each other. What you may call PAWS, I might refer to them as rebound symptoms.

But in the end, the body will tell you if you have/are consuming too much.

Curious Gorilla

I look foward to the day we in the UK can go to a coffee shop, vape a phat bowl or 3 while playing backgammon. Or maybe Go.
Bass Guitar and a loud amp is great fun when truly stoned. I am still enjoying messing around with the bassline from the Crusaders song 'Timebomb' . Love the syncopation. pain in the rear to get right initialy but when you hit the groove its sublime. Never realised, they did Street Life.
Thanks to FC member @Planck for putting me onto them, music thread post #1,556 . I liked it so much I bought the CD to listen to in the car and help me loose my liscence when i go out late at night for a drive. Although, a little less these days.
Not got my V6 anymore:bang:I really miss that car.
Of course ,driving and consuming cannabis is not a good idea and i would never dream of doing,or have ever, or more importantly would suggest in any way that it may make for an enjoyable driving experience. ..............Cough Cough.
Please Turn Your volume up to 11.
mods, dont know if this is classed as double posting, but come on, its a hot bassline.....!

My final suggestion for improving our relationship with Cannabis, take it out for a nice dinner and a long walk, maybe to a coffee shop, but dont buy it Flowers it might get jelous....

Last edited:

Curious Gorilla

You would need a cucumber in tin foil as an emoji to go with that reference.
For ayone who doesnt know of Spinal Tap, one of the greatest rock bands ever.....

Occured to me I have tried vaping various herbs with Cannabis. it can work to alter terpenes(or add some when there are none), but it takes tiny amounts. Made me realise part of what is special about cannabis is the variety ,combination and appearantly miniscule amounts of each individual terepene to make some fantastic(and occassionaly rank) smells. Other things seem to have stronger but more singular terpenes.
It could be a very viable way of using medicinal herb.
I need to stop taking an anti platlet medication and am looking at replacing it with natural alternatives. I may try vaping Yarrow with my cannabis ,once ive done enough research on it , and first tried it as a tea on a regular basis. Dont fancy vaping Ginseng tho.....
There is no reason why other herbs would not be more potent when vaped, compared to other methods, possibly too potent in some cases , for instance a minute piece of a lavender spike can easily overpower a bowl of really stinky skunk.
Same with cloves, which some people can have a bad reaction to.
If anyone tries using anything in your vapouriser, please research it first, go very carefully and easily. And do it with some one else around in case of adverse reactions.
Things get into your system much faster through your lungs than eating them.And the active compounds are concentrated.
Any one else tried any other herbs, medicinal or recreational ??? (if there is a difference.)

Last edited:
Curious Gorilla,
Reactions: Magic9

Radwin Bodnic

Hey guys!

Try a good microdosing vaporizer. Like something designed to vape 10mg to 20mg.
You'll be surprised how much you can get from a lot less material. That can help with the guilt of consuming too much and the effects are imo more enjoyable. Especially for meditating, stretching, playing music...

Less is more !

Radwin Bodnic

is that a thing? I mean, i feel a little guilty after spending too much money at the dispensary, but never consuming.

From the OP :

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I feel what you're saying OP, it's a tricky thing, depends what you really want, I fell into buying and trying so many vapes and then other paraphernalia, now I have a lot but only use a bit, getting back into a routine with ritual can be really beneficial to remembering what you like about the vapor experience... Yeah I think it can accentuate other activities and ease other negative responses to help you enjoy things with others too, such a complex habit!

Carbon

Did I miss it or did you say what field you moved in to after quitting your job? Cause it read like you were in a high stress job and finally took the plunge in quitting and changing your life but only then described vaping every day.

I think really it comes down to if anyone else is affected negatively by this. If you're affected negatively. If it's all positive and you are still a good husband and father and still are providing for your family I don't think there's much to be worried about unless your consumption level is gradually increasing over time. I would say just aim to be in a place where you are still having a great time when you partake and it's a net positive for your life (which isn't always easy to determine in an objective sense when you are immersed in it).

Carbon,
Reactions: btka

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Try a good microdosing vaporizer. Like something designed to vape 10mg to 20mg.
You'll be surprised how much you can get from a lot less material. That can help with the guilt of consuming too much and the effects are imo more enjoyable. Especially for meditating, stretching, playing music...

Less is more !
I completely agree with the "less is more" philosophy. I'm hovering around 0.5g-0.7g/day and want to get that a bit lower. You mentioned stretching is better while high and I wholeheartedly agree. I love to vape right after exercise and get a sort of "double high" from the post-workout and the weed. Stretching while high is great since THC a great muscle relaxant and pain reliever.
I would say just aim to be in a place where you are still having a great time when you partake and it's a net positive for your life (which isn't always easy to determine in an objective sense when you are immersed in it).
Agreed. It's hard to be objective about usage so taking breaks is a good way to get perspective on things.

GoldenBud

I had to google PAWS (post acute withdrawal symptoms), and it sounds dubious at best in regards to cannabis. So we'll have to respectfully disagree with each other. What you may call PAWS, I might refer to them as rebound symptoms.

But in the end, the body will tell you if you have/are consuming too much.
Unfortunately PAWS are very real. I had it up to last week (I hope it won't be back!) and I am 194 days without weed. and I would never suggest anybody vaporizing every day
**MEDICAL USERS ARE EXCLUDED

Top Bottom