What's up with Vaporfection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmpl Stltskn

Anyone have any contact with Vaporfection (the company, not the vaporizer) recently?

Rmpl Stltskn said:
... the company seems to be having some issues, change of ownership or something. They only have white Stealth IIs, they're not answering email, and the phone number on their site is disconnected. The Stealth II is still available at a few places, and I've only heard good things about the company, but I'm worried now about their ability to stand behind their product.
Maybe they're trying to clear out inventory before releasing a new model? Maybe they made enough money and retired?

And this (not so) new site mvpvaporizers.com still looks like just a placeholder. Anyone order through here? It seem a bit sketchy.

stonemonkey, you mentioned a portable in the works from vaporfection. Any more info on what they're doing now?

I don't mean to start or spread rumors, but with no information coming from the company itself, I thought this would be a good place to ask. I want a Stealth II, and they have a good warranty, but I don't want to get burned if they're not around to honor it.

Rmpl Stltskn,

Beezleb

Looks like the writings on the wall so to speak. Hope not as I hate to see vaporizer options shrink but I havent seen many use their vapes around here. Due to their cost I can see why they are not so popular.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
They do have a phone # on the mvp site. If you're a prospective buyer, I'd call and ask what's up with the lack of selection and response. Those are legit questions for someone considering a high end vape where you obviously want warranty support. It's certainly possible that the bad economy has hit them and their sales aren't measuring up to their overhead.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
This is what I know of the vaporfection situation ? initially it was two guys, Lenny and his uncle. Lenny bought out his uncle?s stake in Vaporfection and is starting MVPvaporizers and is also coming out with a portable soon.

His uncle is will be promoting a new line of vapes that are more like hookahs where multiple people can vape at once. I spoke to them probably 3 months ago when I sent my Vaporfection back for repairs and that is the story they gave me.

Lenny told me the MVP website should have been up and running probably 2 months ago but haven?t had any contact with him since then.

I must say that the Vaporfection unfortunately priced themselves out of the market. It is a kick ass whip based vape and it held its temperature very well. You could get thick hits no matter if you hit it slowly or hit it fast as the thermal couple could keep up with a wide variety of inhalation styles

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
I don't know how sales are holding up for the guys making $500 whip units. In the past a lot of people have bought into the hype that you have to pay that much to get a really good vape (think Volcano). And Vapezilla winning the Cannabis Cup has ceraintly helped that company in the last few years. I think people that turn to the decent forums (I think this one's pretty decent ;) ) for info are finding out that most people are perfectly satisfied with reliable, but lower priced vapes. You don't see a lot of posters praising the high end units as delivering more or better vapor to the point where they're worth twice the money (or more).

max,

VapeNow

Vapor Enthusiast
Retailer
Yeah, VaporFection is still around. We've been able to keep most of their units in stock, but I have to agree with Maz and Beezleb -- at $400-$500 the asking price for a VaporFection puts it right into competition with the Volcano and the 'Cano get's so much more good press. If you've got $500 to drop on a whip vape though, it's definitely one of if not the best options.

VapeNow,

Rmpl Stltskn

Thanks to all for the info.
I noticed there have been changes to both vaporfection websites, so they do seem to be doing something. And now they're out of stock on the white stealth II as well as the black one.

So I tried calling again and immediately got a call back from one of the engineers. He was very helpful and answered all of my questions. He said they will have more stealth II's in a week or two, and they will be pretty much identical to the ones out there now. With my concerns assuaged, I will definitely be picking one up with my next paycheck.

I didn't think to ask about plans for a portable, but I'm pretty happy with the vapes I already have for portability.

Rmpl Stltskn,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I have a SSV and Vaporfection, if you got the extra $$$, the Vaporfection is worth it IMO

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom