Whats the single best way to purify the air/smell?

Nosferatu

I'm renting a room and vaping in it can get pretty smelly, while not noticeable smelly to me, still smells apparently and annoys the non herb friendlies. So I have an air purifier but it doesnt seem to do anything really. Whats the best way to keep a room fresh that is like a device or fan versus febreeze spray. Do those Glade wall socket things work??? I just want to buy some device I can plug in and never have to worry about that keeps the room as oder free as possible. Anybody happen to know of a good device or solution besides spraying anything manually, which is usually obvious someone is trying to cover the smell of MARIJUANA. :brow:

Nosferatu,

Purple-Days

Ozium. It's an Ozone in a can product. Ozone = O3 and isn't very stable. It want to be O2 and gives up an O atom. The O atom just can'r stand being alone and wants to 'oxidize' just about anything it comes in contact with. ie. rust in one sense but in the atmosphere it will combine with lots of 'odor' molecules, changing the molecular nature of the molecule.

It won't kill everything, but it helps.

NYC: The window fan suggestion should be followed with, use it in a window... :lol: :cool: :peace: :2c:

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Purple-Days said:
NYC: The window fan suggestion should be followed with, use it in a window... :lol: :cool: :peace: :2c:

ROFL! That bit cracked me up! I love Ozium and always have a can around.

Lo,

MacRadish

There are things you can rig up, and buy now I believe, that you exhale into.

What worked was a paper towel towel cardboard roll stuffed with dryer sheets, exhale into tube and done, hot breath activates the sheets and absorbed the smoke quite well, should work fine with vapor.

MacRadish,

Nycdeisel

haha Sorry Tom, I thought that was assumed! :lol:

I have Ozium, which works very well, and I have found ONE other spray that works just as good, called Citrus Magic. They are VERY strong though, so I caution to use as little as possible and I try to leave the room for a while afterwards since I cant stand how strong it is, it lingers for a while too.

A window fan(a twin window fan) used in a window* will work just fine, and is not hard to install as long as its easy to access the window. Then just keep both fans set to blow outside or "exhasust" whenever preparing herb or vaporizing.

The window fan method, as I described, works well enough to eliminate even SMOKE from a room and rather quickly too! It has def been the easiest method for me whenever I get concerned about smell.

Nycdeisel,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
MacRadish said:
There are things you can rig up, and buy now I believe, that you exhale into.

What worked was a paper towel towel cardboard roll stuffed with dryer sheets, exhale into tube and done, hot breath activates the sheets and absorbed the smoke quite well, should work fine with vapor.

Yup...we use these things all the time when we need to be covert around here. When I used to smoke out with friends on the clock, we'd use one to eliminate all the smell we could and it worked well. The device goes by a lot of different names, we call it a 'flobie' (pronounce flow-bee) and it doesn't absorb the smoke. What it does is it basically coats the smoke in whatever your air freshner is (I like fabreez)...could also be spray deodorant.

You take a paper towl tube and fill it with either dryer sheets (makes your room smell like you just got done folding fresh hot towls) or you can crinkle up some TP or paper towl and then just spray your fabreez right down the exit of the tube. couple good sprays should do it...you do want to get the TP fairly damp. Just exhale all your hits through that and you'll be good.

Also a thing to note, if you have a desktop vape where herb can get into (take my Q for instance) the machine can actually smell up the room when its on because the herb that calls into it heats up and smells. I noticed that even when I preheat my Q my room starts to smell like a dispensary. You can clean the unit out to help, but you'd need to do that semi often.

If you have a launch box and you flobie those hits...I don't think even a drug dog could detect ya!

finchrock24,

Cairo1

Personally I don't like chemicals around at all. Im vaping to avoid such things. I don't want some chemical companies product filling my lungs and ask my liver to process them. I use activated carbon from coconut shell. You can fill a PVC pipe (6" long) and blow thru. Or attach a carbon filled stack to a fan.

Cairo1,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Cairo1 said:
Personally I don't like chemicals around at all. Im vaping to avoid such things. I don't want some chemical companies product filling my lungs and ask my liver to process them. I use activated carbon from coconut shell. You can fill a PVC pipe (6" long) and blow thru. Or attach a carbon filled stack to a fan.

Um...you EXHALE through the flobie...not inhale. I did research on fabric softeners and did see that they are not healthy to use, that is why I chose to use just toilet paper and then you can choose what you want to spray on the TP. I'm sure you can find something nice and all natural or organic or wholesome or whatever it is your looking for.

finchrock24,

Nosferatu

Thanks guys i dont like breathing air freshners either so I think the window fan idea is best for me...I dont know why I didnt get one along time ago haha

Nosferatu,

aero18

vaporist
Purple-Days said:
Ozium. It's an Ozone in a can product. Ozone = O3 and isn't very stable. It want to be O2 and gives up an O atom. The O atom just can'r stand being alone and wants to 'oxidize' just about anything it comes in contact with. ie. rust in one sense but in the atmosphere it will combine with lots of 'odor' molecules, changing the molecular nature of the molecule.

It won't kill everything, but it helps.

Ozium does not contain O3 (which is a toxic gas). It contains triethylene glycol and propylene glycol as its active ingredients. The can also warns that it is hazardous to breathe.

aero18,

max

Out to lunch
The can also warns that it is hazardous to breathe.
That statement needs a little qualifying-

"Inhalation: This product is not expected to pose an inhalation hazard under conditions of foreseeable use. This product may be considered a low health hazard unless inhaled in very high concentrations. Exposure to vapors generated under unusual conditions may be mildly irritating to the nose and throat. Acute and chronic overexposures may be irritating to the respiratory tract."
http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=brands&id=16004084

max,

Nycdeisel

Like I said, I find those sprays counter productive to vaporizing, which should be relaxing, but its really bets to leave the room after spraying it for a while, not so relaxing IMO.

My window fan works great! Just be sure that its in an easily accessible window, so that if it gets cold outside and the wind is strong and blowing past the fan, you can just remove it(not hard to put in or take out) if your not using it.

Nycdeisel,

Purple-Days

I can't believe that head shop man lied to me (in the '70s) about what was in Ozium. Can you?

I used it a couple of times in those days. Back then we didn't worry so much about what was in the air... cough, cough . . .

Thanks for the info, not that I would use it anyway...

Uhh, what kind of glycol are they using in the e-cigs???

Purple-Days,

gvape

Here is your new golden tool:

http://www.smokebuddy.com/

More or less its a zoom tube, doob tube, whatever you want to call it, but better. I believe it has finely ground activated carbon in layers and layers of it. The thing works amazing. You can blow through it and absolutely NO ODOR or VAPOR/SMOKE will come out. Its worth the investment and will last you months.

This with vapor gives no smell someone could walk in the room a minute later and would be clueless anything even happened. If you have any paranoia 1 spray of any air fresher and your safe. Seriously worth it to buy one of these. They cost $20 which is nothing for how long it lasts.

gvape,

aero18

vaporist
Activated carbon is quite reactive and will bond to many molecules that go through it. I've seen people who smoke in their rooms use the smokebuddy with little to no smell. I can't believe I forgot to recommend it!

aero18,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
pullMyFinger.jpg

AGBeer,

Cairo1

Activated carbon. All natural. Highly effective. It doesn't mask the smell. It adsorbs it (not absorb).

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
EDIT 2/23/11: I bought and used the odor absorbing gel, it smelled strongly for the first week, then tamed down, i don;'t notice the smell of my ABV as much, but i think the real key is i bought some aloha bags to keep my whip and stash in, they're zip-lock bags that are heavy duty. opening a window seems to be neccessary. i brought in my inline fan and charcoal canister and don't know that they really help that much, but i'm not venting to outside.
-------------------------------

i remember hearing about Ona Gel, but it's pricey, so someone else recommended this stuff at Lowes...

NATURAL MAGIC 14-Oz. Odor Absorber Gel Citrus
Item #: 73369 | Model #: 9066C-12

$3.98
781748090620lg.jpg

what works for me is not doing it before the family gets home, and following a strict regimen of keeping both the bedroom and bathroom doors closed before i open anything, and spray afterwards, cross-ventilation even for just 20 minutes...otherwise i get an earfull from my teen daughter ("IT SMELLS LIKE WEED UP HERE!")

it's often the smell from my shirt, or if i left my whip out (bought a new mini-whip for my Hakko!) or left ABV uncovered in the bathroom, so eyedrops, changing my shirt, brushing my teeth, then mouthwash...or well, I need to give the walls in the bathroom a once over with Spic'N'Span - you can smell it in the bathroom, but not strong. i'm a concerned citizen, and still i get the high hat around here. (hehe)

If you decide to just get a carbon filter, you could get by with a used inline Vortex 4" off Cragslist for $75, add a Home Depot $12 fan control to reduce the volume, sit that atop a new 12" carbon filter from a hydro shop for $75, build it into a book case that sits in front of your window...?
the piece of furniture would need to be as wide as the fan at some point, about a foot, swadle the motor in insulation and stuff it into a small box, maybe a cheap foam cooler, not from Walmart, lol, inside a plywood box, hang it under the lowest shelf of the bookshelf, use a metal duct to come up and go towards the window - cover that tube with three sides of a masonite box, paint it white, paint the shelves black, stack books and CD's in front of the workings, could be pretty stealth

if you can get up into the attic you could mount it up top - take over an existing air vent if you have to, just so it won't be visible, like in this picture where it's just above someone's tent:
images

or put a big old cabinet partially in front of your window so you can vent out it, hide the fan...and maybe grow some...
28sld9c.jpg

When I started vaping I'd read quite a bit, and the idea that it would only smell like incense fooled me into thinking that when I opened my stash it didn't smell...like years of experience had vanished, and i was the old man who's farts didn't smell anymore, hahaha

i like that pull-my-finger graphic!

VWFringe,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I say try an ionizer / air filter. i've gotten some good results with the environizers that radio shack used to sell, dunno if they still do.

rabblerouser,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I find that diffusing some Lavender oil in my WDZ before I begin to vape will fill my room with a wonderful aroma of lavender than any weed smell is nearly instantly absorbed into. But I do like to hold my hits in as long as I can and try not to waste too much visible vapor. I would think blowing out clouds is what would create an odor problem.

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom