What's the Real Reason The Feds Want to Keep Us Away from Education?

Does the Federal Government Fear Highly Educated Stoners?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
The CIA has been exposed importing and distributing cocaine, crack, heroin, and opium. Soldiers in Iraq have been ordered to protect opium fields because the Taliban are destroying them because its ruining their country and people. I haven't heard of them getting caught selling cannabis, but maybe they are afraid people would want all drugs legal if cannabis became legal. They want to keep certain drugs illegal so they can sell them, and others legal so Big Pharma can sell them. Part of that could be keeping stoners from getting educated.

sublimationpurist,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
The CIA has been exposed importing and distributing cocaine, crack, heroin, and opium. Soldiers in Iraq have been ordered to protect opium fields because the Taliban are destroying them because its ruining their country and people. I haven't heard of them getting caught selling cannabis, but maybe they are afraid people would want all drugs legal if cannabis became legal. They want to keep certain drugs illegal so they can sell them, and others legal so Big Pharma can sell them. Part of that could be keeping stoners from getting educated.
I don't think it's that simple at all. I don't have the figures nor know the details and I'm just guessing, but I'd wager my left arm (I'm left handed) that more money is spent overall by the US government on the 'war on drugs' than it generates through these marginal enterprises. It's probably largely swallowed up by the gangsters the agents are dealing with- more 'turning a blind eye'? There are other reasons IMO.

WatTyler,

djonkoman

that's if you take the government as a whole. I don't know the details and especially the situation over there in the US, but I do know you have private prisons over there fpr example.
and eventough it costs the government as a whole money, that is taxpayermoney coming from the population, the money the prisonboss makes goes all straight to his pockets, and maybe something flows back to the politicians who help him make more money.
so it could all just be a kind of moneylaundering, but instead of 'black' illega; money made trough crime converted to legal, companymade money, it's the conversion from taxpayermoney, wich is limited by law and voters as where it can be spend, to private money that can be spend anywhere
if a politician would spend taxpayermoney directly on luxury for himself(or herself), he/she would eventually get in trouble, journalists investigating it, voters coming in protest etc.
if this politician spends the money on purposes the voter sees as legitimate, for example the war on those evil, evil drugs, and then the money flows back to the politician somehow, trough shares, or a highpaying job after his/her term is over, he/she can spend it on luxury without getting in trouble.

no idea of this is actually going on, but it could.

so it doesn't have to make the goverbnment money, just convert money to a use-able form

djonkoman,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
IMO the US government has no "need" to launder $ per se, because they can create it out of thin air, at will (the federal reserve), and they have plenty of big banks to do their dirty work as well. The guys that need it are all of the little "black ops" off the books programs, we will call it "individual initiative", that the military/industrial/intelligence/prison complex are running. The government only busts the people that are competing with them for drug sales. We have spent over a trillion $USD on the war on drugs. I'm not sure it kept a single joint out of any kid's hands that really wanted to get one. I believe, when kids find out they have been lied to about cannabis is when they start to question what they have been told about all the other drugs, and that is when the educators/parents lose them. IMO the war on drugs is to ensure that drugs do the maximum harm to society. That way the lie is self justifying and fulfilling simultaneously. Legalize, regulate, educate, medicate.

t-dub,
Top Bottom