Whats the best tubing to use on my EXTREME vaporizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OC513

Dabaholic
Best Vaping Tube for your Whip

Are there any solid answers as to what is the best kind of tubing to use for your whip??? I am using a Medical Grade Platinum cured Silicon tube.......it is like a milky white in color....no issues at all.....no bad taste or bad smell, very flexible. I see alot of videos on vaping and also see the SSV & DBV come with a completely clear type tubing.....is this better? I hear some say you should change your tubing every few months in which case I will need to replace mine soon.....any suggestions? Should I stick to the med grade silicon or switch to an SSV type tubing? Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

OC513,

unzari

Extreme & Bongs - Tubing Length?

I'd like to use my bongs w my extreme (bought it a week ago) but I've had to shorten the whip to get any good hauls.

Any tips or suggestions on bongs and the extreme, or vapes generally?

unzari,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Definitely have the tubing as short as possible.

My PD to Roor setup has under 1 foot of tubing.

vape.jpg

Smaller bongs are much better I've found, this ones a little too large atm.

Chubba,

unzari

Glad to see I'm on the right track re the tube length.

The bong size, too: I have an 18" Gear but found it too large, so I bought a 12" today.

Much nicer, but I'd like to go smaller still.

unzari,

vape4health

Extreme & bong , all I can say is do it . I'm using a homemade corona bong with a diffy and a smaller female downtube with the tube stuck in that , makes it easy to pull just like a normal slide and clear the bong.

I'm ordering some flexable tube , its more rubbery then the stuff the E comes with . I hope that makes it not so hard to work everything when chilling . Seems like I fight the stiffness of the tube alot when packing , passing and cleaning.

vape4health,

manchild

Vapourist
My extreme was gathering dust until i got my bong connection a week ago.

Woooohoooo. Extreme bong elbows are unbeleivable. Thicker than a Vrip but not as tasty.

My tubing is 80cm long. Hmmm i might try shortening it. See if there's any change. I like being able to move around a little while i'm sucking away :p

manchild,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
SpiralArchitect said:
Your imagining things. :p

Their are a few makes out though. I'm sure some company has made similiar designs. I know some people that have the same vape, same vendor but got different wands.And if your wondering what that middle glass thing is.

Well thanks sm55, hopefully max will see this and give me the skinny.
SA - how's that working out for you? i like the idea of it, a makeshift "chamber vape."

jeffp,

tommie1301

Hello,

I've searched around the forum but couldn't really find a general consensus on what replacement tubing to buy. I have an Extreme and have been nothing but satisfied. I am wondering what people are using as far as tubing goes. I have been to the USplastics.com site but I don't want to buy 10 feet of the silicone, as it would be a waste and expensive. The links provided for the McMaster-carr site don't take me to an actual product and nothing was mentioned on which type of tubing would be optimal. I have done a little research, on my own, but haven't narrowed anything down. If anyone has recently made a purchase I'd be happy to see what type you went with. I am under the assumption that the size for the extreme is: 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD, please correct me if I am wrong.

tommie1301,

vape4health

I have used tubing from McMaster Carr , I like it better then the stock stuff but you do have to get 10ft .
McMaster Carr part # 3038K192

I cant remeber who gave me the link for that but thanks a bunch .

vape4health,

tommie1301

Thanks for the response. That's not that bad of a deal if it's $12 plus shipping. Anyone else buy any nice tubing recently? What about teflon or another type of material?

tommie1301,

max

Out to lunch
Any food grade tubing is fine. Some like silicone for less of a taste.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23442&catid=571 - food grade.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=36286&catid=799&clickid=searchresults - Silcon silicone.

Silcon is much cheaper than the Tygon brand. I don't know why you're adverse to buying a 10' length. It doesn't last forever. The longer you use tubing with condensed vapor in it, the more you'll lose to condensation.

I am under the assumption that the size for the extreme is: 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD
That's the standard size for vape tubing, and the Extreme uses that.

max,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I bought some of the new hose from 7th floor which they proclaim on their website

"The hose we offer is the best hose on the market. It is better than silicon tubing because it does not collect all the dirt and oils from you hands. The hose is made just for us to give to you. It is made in 3/8 inch inner diameter so it can slip on and off your wand or any other accessories."

It is 3/8 id and too big if you ask me. It is also cheap as hell IMO, smells like a cornucopia of rotten fuckin chemicals, it is also too soft and just kinks every chance it gets and is very sticky. The hose that comes with the Extreme, although not very flexible is much better overall. In the pic below new 7th floor tubing is on left and Extreme tubing is on the right.

DeepFried,

kanazky

Hey FC,

I just recently bought some Vinyl Tubing for like $5 over at canadian tire, and my bro had some unused vinyl tubing exact same stuff from Home Dept. Anyway I wanted to attach it to the IO-Lite after the mouth peice, wondering if the vinyl is safe for inhaling through?

Specs:

WATTS
SVGE10

55 PSI @ 70"F

its plain three / 8th's vinyl tubing, comes stock on a shelf with nothing else attached but a sticker with that stuff on it.

Lowes had these specs on their website:

Tubing is manufactured from non-toxic FDA listed material.
Tensile Strength 2,550 PSI and can handle a pressure range of 85 to 165 PSI.
Brittle Point neg 42 degrees F
Maximum operating temperature 125 degrees F

Type: Clear vinyl tubing
Material: PVC
Color: Clear
Outside Diameter (Inches): 3/8
Inside Diameter (Inches): 1/4
Size - Length: 10'
Max PSI Rating (PSI): 55.0
Recommended Working PSI (PSI): 55.0
Max Operating Temperature (Degrees): 175.0

kanazky,

StickyShisha2

you may like the orange coloured silicone tubing from there. its not "food grade", but has a much higher heat range without out-gassing.

StickyShisha2,

MileHigh

I have never replaced the tubing on my whip vape because it came with extra lengths when I bought it, but I realized yesterday that it sucks. I want something that is totally floppy like rope. Hookah hose is close to what I'm looking for. Does anyone know of any options like this? Would be much more enjoyable to pass around IMO.

MileHigh,

kanazky

Is the FDA Non-Toxic the same deal as food grade? because there is no one near by that sells silicone tubing.

kanazky,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
So I want to attach some tubing to my Iolite so that the vapor has time to cool down before I inhale it, BUT I have heard that inhaling through certain materials is brutal. Can some please clarify what is and isn't safe to use as a vapor whip.

Thanks

ioright,

hereatlast

So I posted in the Extreme thread earlier, probably not appropriate for there.

I just picked up some Tygon 3350, I know a lot think its overkill but I figured I'd be using it for a while anyways and its not that much in the grand scheme of things...Anyways, despite the continuous affirmation that the product was completely--perhaps unnecessarily--safe, I'm a little apprehensive after picking up a different taste.

I was vaporbonging with a buddy and decided to change it on the spot, we used the same bowl and everything (halfway thru) and definitely picked up a different taste, as in the tubing was affecting it I think. Should I have cleaned the tubing first? Suddenly I'm a little worried because of the taste-change, is this stuff definitely safe? Especially without a prewash? Anyways, anybody else notice that Tygon 3350 affects taste? Thanks in advance.

hereatlast,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Tygon 3350 is usually used with Peristaltic pumps. It could be possible you grabbed yourself the wrong kind of tygon. Peristaltic pump tubing are used for things other than food. Used more in a lab setting than one of food.
if you are looking for a food grade tygon, which would be tygon B-44-3, Tygon B-44-4X, Tygon B-44-4X I.B., and Tygon Silver.
however tygon is pretty sturdy stuff....
also
are you sure that the taste is not the absence of something rather than an addition to it? Maybe the previous tubing you had added a certain taste, and with the tygon you can no longer taste it.... thus leading you to believe the altered taste is due to an additive when in fact it is not. just a possibility

DevoTheStrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom