What's a good portable these days?

vapeguy

I've had a Pax (the first one) for several years and haven't really been using it at all since I got my Volcano. However I would like a new portable and I'm sure many new ones came out since the Pax.

The main things I dislike with the Pax are that it only works properly when it's perfectly clean, after just slight use it becomes a complete PITA to use as you need to hold the mouthpiece just right or it won't work. The second thing I don't like is how it's complicated to stir the contents when you're out with no stir stick.

I think the Pax 2 solves the issue with it only working when perfectly clean, but are there better portables out now?

Thanks

vapeguy,

Vaporware

Yes, there are plenty of portables that most of us would consider better than the Pax, but you’ll get better answers if you can describe what you want more.

Here are a few questions you can answer, but elaborating beyond the questions could help too.

1. Do you prefer a conduction based vaporizer that is always used in a “session” of several draws, or a convention based device that can be used on demand for one hit at a time?

To me the effects are a bit different between the two, with conduction being a bit more mellow and sedative, but not everyone notices those kinda of differences.

2. Does it need to be tiny and super discrete, or does it even need to fit in your pocket? Some of the best performing models don’t, but there are some good options that are not retry small too.

3. Are you okay with something that has a learning curve, or does it need to be super simple?

4. Do you use any concentrates, or just flower?

5. How much flower do you need to use at once? Some vapes work best with large loads, some with small, etc.

I’m probably forgetting some good questions, but if you can answer most of that and generally let us know how you would prefer to use it, we can give some better recommendations.

vapeguy

Yes, there are plenty of portables that most of us would consider better than the Pax, but you’ll get better answers if you can describe what you want more.

Here are a few questions you can answer, but elaborating beyond the questions could help too.

1. Do you prefer a conduction based vaporizer that is always used in a “session” of several draws, or a convention based device that can be used on demand for one hit at a time?

To me the effects are a bit different between the two, with conduction being a bit more mellow and sedative, but not everyone notices those kinda of differences.

2. Does it need to be tiny and super discrete, or does it even need to fit in your pocket? Some of the best performing models don’t, but there are some good options that are not retry small too.

3. Are you okay with something that has a learning curve, or does it need to be super simple?

4. Do you use any concentrates, or just flower?

5. How much flower do you need to use at once? Some vapes work best with large loads, some with small, etc.

I’m probably forgetting some good questions, but if you can answer most of that and generally let us know how you would prefer to use it, we can give some better recommendations.

1. I prefer convection by far as I often like to take a break and don't like feeling rushed like with my Pax

2. I'd prefer if it fits in pockets, it would need a significant benefit to be worth not fitting in pockets

3. Depends on what the learning curve is

4. Just flower

5. I have high tolerance, so I prefer a larger load

Thanks

vapeguy,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@ vapeguy don't know whether you're still looking for a response, or if you already ordered or planning on going for a Fierce, but I could add a Lil'Bud, Classic, or Elite, Nomad, or Tubo Evic may also be right up your alley.

Top Bottom