What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'm really confused as to how she can't handle a herbie. It matches everything you're asking for out of a vape besides being plug in. It's almost ideal for the "sipping" style of vaping as it's nearly pure conduction. It's one of the simplest devices I can think of besides the mighty which is one step simplier.

Which brings me to my suggestion that she use the mighty. It has only three buttons, power, temp up and temp down. It vibrates when ready, pre dosing capsules are now available, and it also has a really easy to use filling tool.

The only thing she could possibly get wrong is when loading the bowl. The Mighty needs a light packing or you get inconsistent ABV. Too loose and it doesn't conduct, too tight and it will cook uneven.

The mighty wouldn't be ideal for her style of vaping which is my concern. But it fits all your other criteria.

RelaxedNow

I don't have anything new to add but I thought I'd share my opinion as a technologically impaired female. If the FF2 requires some kind of help from you then it really isn't going to be something she can do alone. If it doesn't need to be portable the Underdog is truly foolproof. I know the enano is loved by many people but when I want to use something totally brainless I use my UD and not the Enano. All you need to do is plug it in the wall. Wait a while. Put some herb in one of the glass or silicone tubes that come with it, put that in the section designed for the tube and inhale. I prefer the small silicone tube. Once she gets used to it adding water will be pretty easy.
For a portable the Solo is very much like a log vape. You heat it briefly, put the stem with herb in it and inhale. It's not as simple as an Underdog and unless she needs a portable, I think the UD is the easiest to start with. From there the Solo would be easy to learn.
I chose not to get the Mighty because it looks too complicated for me. My solo is a few years old and is problem free. It's also healthy because there's little residual left.
My CFX is coming tomorrow so I'll have a better idea about how that works.

Well, first allow me to say that I hope I didn't offend anyone with the "technologically challenged" comment. My wife and I tend to tease each other a bit, and it's worked for 40 years, so I sometimes forget that others may not be used to it, or may take it out of context. :)

Now, back to the topic....
I dont think that needing to provide help with the initial setup would be a problem. It would be no different than what occurs with her PC or her iPad; I do the setup, maintenance and troubleshooting, and she uses them just fine. For some reason though, vaporizers overwhelm her. Actually, I understand that, because after being retired for 3 years myself, I'll admit it's getting more difficult to keep up with software changes, which I think are analogous.

Any mj buddies near you getting a FF2 so she can try b4 you buy??

My only concern is if she cannot handle the Herbie (I have one too) where you turn it on and if temp is set you need do nothing but inhale from whip, period. No stirring ever needed. Any grind is ok. No technique is needed.
Do you do bags??

FF2 requires finger on button, hold for a few seconds til warm, keep hold while inhaling, release.
Vape Critic review says it needs stir after every couple draws (shake/tap unit).
FF2 technique seems minor but seems more than herbie.

Let us know what happens

It's doubtful anyone I know will buy a FF2.....most of my friends and family are ok with weed, but don't use it themselves, or can't afford to shell out the bucks. I've even gifted vaporizers to a few who I knew couldn't afford but would appreciate them. I'm kinda proud of turning my 45 year old nephew, who has bone cancer, onto weed and vaping, as it's helped him deal with the nausea and pain.

Yes, you make a good point about the Herbie's ease of use. Perhaps I'm looking for a solution that doesn't exist. But, I think I'll keep on trying, as she might just take enough liking to one that she'll put a small bit of her substantial smarts to use in learning the routine. Plus, if she doesn't, I end up with another toy.

We do an occasional bag, but it's not our preferred method.

Don't know why you have a no cords policy unless you plan on moving around a lot. One more thing to consider about the UD is that there is 0 heat up time if you leave it plugged in. I use mine with the small copper aromatherapy bowl when I'm not vaping.
And, as others have mentioned, the solo. It sounds like money is not an issue for you but it is much less money than the mighty which doesn't seem so technologically simple. I think I read somewhere that the crafty has fewer problems and is a bit simpler to use.

We do most of our vaping on our couch, and it is positioned such that we end up with the cord getting in the way. I did read up on the UD after your previous post, and it sounds pretty darn simple, but I can't get past the cord. Maybe we need to move the couch!

After stating that I'm leaning toward the FF2, I read some reviews that stated it does indeed require some technique, and can be kind of wispy. We're not in a hurry to make a decision, so we may sit on this for awhile and see how some of the upcoming products work out.

Solo, shorty PVHES stem and screen... And suffer the slightly longer heat up time? To be honest I'm not sure if all your criteria can be ticked, maybe within the next 12months, but then again like others have mentioned with the reliability/warranty issues being important. Nothing is certain on an unreleased vape.
Depending on how small a load the CF can actually do it might be the best existing vape for your criteria. New vape too so you'll have to check the thread for reliability reports so far, also the company seem good to deal with.

Yeah, I don't think think the solo will work, and I have been hesitant to pre-order anything.

I have been following the Boundless CF and CFX, and the former does look like it might be pretty close to the mark. I'm just not yet certain of its reliability, and am concerned that it may be too harsh at the higher temperatures. I agree that I'll need to keep watching that thread, and try to form an opinion from user input. I am impressed with the reports of their customer service, and how they handled their error regarding convection versus combustion. That was a pretty big screwup, and they were intelligent enough, and honest enough, to come out of it in good shape overall.

RelaxedNow

I decided to go with the CFX. Portability is important, I believe that it requires little-to-no technique with regard to draw strength, amount of material or type of grind, and the controls are fairly simple. The CF is even simpler, but the lack of battery level indication, aside from telling you when it's already too low, ruled it out for us.

Thanks to all for your input. Being able to discuss it with others is always helpful, even when it only leads back to one's initial thoughts. Of course, in this case it led me away from the FF2. It's obviously simpler than the OG FF, but it seems it still requires too much technique for someone who is not a vaporizer afficianado, and just wants a healthy method of medicating.

I love this community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom