What would you do about this UM2 nitecore charger?

cosimo

So, I bought a UM2 charger (Amazon) for my recently acquired ArGo, and it came with this on the screen:
image-67195649.jpg

You would assume it's a sticker but it isn't. It's directly printed on the screen it seems. If it's a sticker I haven't been able to find how to peel it off.
I already contacted the seller, Amazon and Nitecore to get some input on the matter. Amazon just offered to accept the item in return or to help me contact the seller... so while the seller or Nitecore answer, any tips or ideas?
I was tempted to use alcohol but not sure it's a good idea. By the way, did the validation process and received an email from Nitecore saying my unit is authentic.

cosimo,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah you should post this in Ask FC to get more exposure, but you really should not buy batteries or battery chargers on Amazon, too risky to get fakes...

Knew about the batteries, but didn't realize it was an issue with chargers as well... I get free and very fast shipping to my country from Amazon so took the chance.
Just posted the same thread onf the Ask FC section, thanks.
Mods: tried to delete this thread myself but couldn't find the option. Please delete it if necessary.

Yeah you can get lucky, but chargers the same as batteries should only be bought from reputable sources ideally...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I’m 99% sure it’s a sticker. In fact that’s a NICE one, because you can see it, and it includes instructions. Most of these protective skins are so transparent, you don’t know they are there. Take a powerful light, and strong magnifying glass, and look in the corners of the screen/sticker. If you have a plastic sponger tool with a flat edge, that’s the safest. A wood or plastic toothpick, or if confident, a pointy razor. You will just need to get the thin plastic started, and then you can peel by hand or tweezer. If you return it, you will end up getting the same thing, they don’t want customers complaining about scratched screens. Good luck!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
:bang: it was a sticker! first one i've seen so perfectly placed. thanks!

Short story....

I bought a used battery mod from the Classified section here. Seller showed appropriate photos, said screen had small scratch. I didn’t care, when I received it, I looked closely, it was just a scratch on the screen protector that was never removed .... perfect screen.

Top Bottom