What would the portable vaporizer of your dreams look like?

vapefritz

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new to the whole thing but fell victim to my fair share of vas already. When it comes to desktop vapes I'm just blown away by the phase3 zircon ball vapes, absolutely satisfied. When it comes to portable vapes though... it's more complicated. I tried a lot and am never fully happy with what I got. If you don't want to read my whining, just scroll down a bit!

Just a quick list of what I got, most of it sold again already of course:
As far as analogue vapes go I tried the Dynavap M Plus and the Dani Fusion. Dynavap was too small and "fiddly" for me, Dani Fusion I like a lot and is a heavy hitter, but both don't really have a clean taste. Still got the Fusion though and use it occasionally. Probably the zircon one coming out from phase3 is my destiny.
These are the electrical ones I got: Yocan Vane, Arizer Air Max, Xlux Roffu, Davinci IQC.
Vane was really just to try it out, is the oldest one and has been sitting in my drawer most of the time. Still was cool to try it out! But when I stopped smoking and got serious with vaping I had to upgrade pretty immediately. Arizer Air Max has a very clean taste and that's nice, but I had some issues: Performance was really spotty, sometimes really good, sometimes really bad. I like higher temps and I almost never get an even roast, the side of the load sitting on the heater gets black. I find loading and reloading kind of annoying. And especially after buying larger glass stems for cooler vapor it kinda looks weird and obvious and I never felt fully comfortable using it in public. Roffu was what I thought to be the answer to that and it's really good, no doubt. Smaller and very discrete. Easier loading, and even dosing capsules available. Good hits! Issues are that the mouthpiece is just a bit too small and gets hot very quickly. Dosage pods are steel and work best in the steel chamber, but at that point it tastes a lot like metal. I hate that it has a zircon mouthpiece and even cooling spiral built in, but for some stupid reason they left a single plastic surface in the airpath of the mouthpiece uncovered... Just a tiny piece of additional zircon or maybe a small redesign and the hot vapor would come in contact with zircon only, such a missed opportunity. Speaking of isolated air path: Both the Air Max and the Roffu act like airpath only matters once the air is hot. For both you are basically pulling the air through the device itself before it even reaches the non-isolated, metal heater. From there on it might be glass only in the case of the Air Max, and mostly zircon for the Roffu. It's worse with the Roffu, because with the Air Max you are basically pulling air through the little slits right next to the heater. With the Roffu you have small air holes on the right side of the device and you can not really tell where the air travels from there. Also I noticed you can cover the holes and while the pull gets more restricted, you can still do it easily, no idea what the airpath actually looks like then. Will be a pita to clean that part of the vape too once it get's blocked! Now it seemed to me that the IQC is the logical next step, completely isolated zircon air path (once you get the old IQ2 zircon wpa/mouthpiece) and zircon dosage capsules, wow. Have just had it for one week and tried it out a single time. The flavor is really out of this world and the best I have ever got from an electrical vaporizer. But I already see some issues with it: It gets too hot, and does not hit really really hard, although it's ok. Air intake is honestly a mystery for me.

And that's very roughly why I am still here looking for new portable vaporizers, that's what vas is I guess! Again those are actually high quality vaporizers, especially the Roffu and the IQC, but I'm still chasing the remaining maybe 10% improvement that's possible. I feel like I have looked at every vaporizer there is and still, none seems to check all the boxes.

That's why I thought I'd just describe what the absolutely perfect vape would look like for me personally. Maybe there is one out there I missed, and if not at least I hope some manufacturers see this list. Anywho, here goes nothing!

The perfect portable vaporizer:
- Powered by replaceable batteries. Preferably 18650s, but if it's 26500 or 21700 or anything like that I would not complain.
- Fully isolated zircon air path, from intake to output. Probably with the exception of ruby balls, but more on that later.
- zircon dosing capsules.
- Easily cleanable, again not only after the heater, but from intake to output! The "Easy Care Airpath" in the Fenix Pro is leading the way here.
- Better heat capacity than anything I got, and/or incredibly powerful heater. Basically should be able to maintain temperature even when taking big fast pulls. I guess going in the direction of ball vapes is the solution here, like seen in the Angus.
- Stealthy enough to be discretely used in public.

And that's that! Bonus points for being affordable. Basically a slightly larger IQC with some balls in there! What are your thoughts? How does your perfect vaporizer look like, or does it maybe already exist?

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Imo, I find Firewood (models 7&9) to be close to perfection when it comes to portable, battery-powered vaporizers :
Glass and ceramic for the vapor path, easy to clean (for the 9 at least), powerful hybrid heating, discreet, handcrafted, made with noble materials.
but as they say, there's no accounting for taste...

vapefritz

Those look interesting and I have not tried one of this type yet. Kinda hope I can just test it somewhere without buying one... 😁

I would not call it stealthy though, because it looks kinda unique and cool right? If I saw someone using something like that in public I would definitely look twice! Can not imagine it having way better heat capacity than my IQC because I just don't see anything in there that could have that capacity. Also it has an isolated vapor path, as in everything after the heater is isolated, but everything before the heater isn't right? So I'd expect to taste some of the materials used, that being mostly wood it tastes probably good, but not 100% pure.

Just guessing as someone who has not tried it. But yes, those are the reasons I don't own such a device yet, can't really justify paying probably around 400€ including shipping and taxes when I am not really convinced it checks all my boxes and be the endgame. That said I would not be surprised if I liked it really really much! There's something about those handcrafted wood vaporizers, they are just beautiful.

vapefritz,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Regarding material insulation: the herb is trapped in a ceramic capsule, which in turn is connected to the lower part of the ceramic oven. The glass tube then takes over and reaches your mouth. No direct contact with wood or anything else.
The fw are much more powerful than any Da Vinci (I have an iqc) and the steam density is much better (thanks to the hybrid system?).

For sure it's a big investment, but sometimes a better device at a higher price is better than buying several of lesser quality, with all the frustration that goes with it. Besides, the CS is personal and great, you're supporting a craftsman etc....

That said, whatever the price and quality, none of them really kills the VAS, that's the tragedy.
🤣:bang:

vapefritz

Regarding material insulation: the herb is trapped in a ceramic capsule, which in turn is connected to the lower part of the ceramic oven. The glass tube then takes over and reaches your mouth. No direct contact with wood or anything else.
Sure, but where does the air come from before entering the ceramic capsule/oven?
The fw are much more powerful than any Da Vinci (I have an iqc) and the steam density is much better (thanks to the hybrid system?).
Have not tested the IQC extensively, first impression is that slow pull gives me a denser vapor. Yes, it's just missing that heat capacity and the heater can not really make up for that. Imo Roffu has the better heater, so is able to deliver more heat for longer, producing heavier hits. While the IQC is a little weaker (you can already guess from the fact that it takes longer to heat up) but has incredible taste. I would love the taste of the IQC with the heat capacity of a ball vape! That seems to be exactly the sweet spot that for now is only available in desktop ball vapes. More precisely the phase3 products, because with everything using metal I'd bet I can taste the metal and get annoyed by it.
For sure it's a big investment, but sometimes a better device at a higher price is better than buying several of lesser quality, with all the frustration that goes with it. Besides, the CS is personal and great, you're supporting a craftsman etc....
Fully agree! If I was 100% convinced this is what I am looking for I'd swallow it up and just shell out the $400. Reading everything I can about it in the thread I just feel like it would be another "90% perfect" vape for me, if you know what I mean.
That said, whatever the price and quality, none of them really kills the VAS, that's the tragedy.
Hey I am not coming here to be confronted with the ugly truth like that!! Tell me some sweet lies please! I will find the perfect vaporizer and it will be perfect and I will not feel the need to buy a new one ever again ok?! 😅

Duba

Accessory Maker
Sure, but where does the air come from before entering the ceramic capsule/oven?
The air enters through small holes on the bottom ceramique part of the device (in the lower part of the oven). Otherwise, yes, and this is probably a problem, it's untreated ambient air that's coming in.😂

Hey I am not coming here to be confronted with the ugly truth like that!! Tell me some sweet lies please! I will find the perfect vaporizer and it will be perfect and I will not feel the need to buy a new one ever again ok?! 😅
I used to think so too...before

Maybe you could take a look at the Tempest (butane zirco balls vape), an other way. There is a thread here on FC

vapefritz

The "problem" in general is air passing by materials that are not taste neutral. This is a way bigger problem with the vapor path, because the hot air/vapor takes up a lot more flavor of those materials compared to cold air. That's why many manufacturers care to isolate only the path behind the heater, and don't care a lot about where the air comes from before entering the heater. I can still taste it though. The smaller the vaporizer, the bigger that issue is. Because the device itself will get hot, and that means the air moving through the device before entering the heater takes up more and more of the taste of the materials the longer you use it and the hotter it gets.

The Roffu is really the perfect example of that. The vapor path, as in everything that comes after the heater, is 99% glass and zircon only. There is this small surface that's some kind of heat resistance plastic in there, but honestly I don't think I can taste that. But everything before the heater? Not much care taken here. Some small holes on the side of the aluminum casing allow air to enter. But as said I can cover those and still a lot of air gets in, being pulled through god knows what materials inside the device. When the Roffu is cold the first few pulls taste amazing. But the hotter it gets, the more dirty the taste gets, it just tastes more and more like metal. That's because the device is heating up quite a lot, the air that gets pulled through the device is in contact with hotter metal and takes up more of it's taste, before even entering the heater.

You are the one owning it, but I have to say to me it seems pretty obvious that the air is passing by wood before entering the chamber. That's the explicit reason why they went with walnut wood in the later models, because it's less noticeable. I'm not just making that up but actually read a lot about it. Just some random examples I found searching for a minute of owners of different generations of fw saying they can taste the wood:

Just got my Firewood 9 with the extra dosing capsules. [...]
Love the smell and taste of wood it gives off.

I have FW7 and FW8. I find the walnut taste is stronger with the FW7, but I take the walnut taste as part of my Firewood experience and it does not bother me.
(Pretty sure the FW7 was not walnut wood, I guess they mean wood taste, but that's another story.)

I’m finding the flavour to last for most of the bowl too, with a hint of that signature Firewood taste.

I think the FW8 colors the taste of the herb at bit. There's a similar "flavor" in the 7. Not sure if its the wood or ceramic that adds that.

...and so on. Pretty much everyone agrees that it has a noticeable taste of wood. Most seem to like it, but there is really overwhelming consense that it's there. I am not trying to talk bad about the fw, just explaining why I won't buy one. I can't see how it would give me what I am looking for, judging from the vast amount of comments I read about it. I am happy you are enjoying it though, it does look like an excellent vaporizer and just an piece of art all together! I don't want you to enjoy it any less!

Looking at the Tempest since a while already as well. Looks amazing! But for now the Dani Fusion hits hard enough, and taste wise they should be about the same, being a little on the metal side of things. Btw I feel like sometimes I can taste titanium even more than steel, but maybe I'm just crazy. Both materials do leave a very distinctive metal taste though! So again, not saying it's a bad vaporizer, but just not what I am looking for. I want the vaporizer I described in the first post! I'm pretty sure it does not exist atm, that's why it's my dream vaporizer! 😁

Durbandream

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new to the whole thing but fell victim to my fair share of vas already. When it comes to desktop vapes I'm just blown away by the phase3 zircon ball vapes, absolutely satisfied. When it comes to portable vapes though... it's more complicated. I tried a lot and am never fully happy with what I got. If you don't want to read my whining, just scroll down a bit!

Just a quick list of what I got, most of it sold again already of course:
As far as analogue vapes go I tried the Dynavap M Plus and the Dani Fusion. Dynavap was too small and "fiddly" for me, Dani Fusion I like a lot and is a heavy hitter, but both don't really have a clean taste. Still got the Fusion though and use it occasionally. Probably the zircon one coming out from phase3 is my destiny.
These are the electrical ones I got: Yocan Vane, Arizer Air Max, Xlux Roffu, Davinci IQC.
Vane was really just to try it out, is the oldest one and has been sitting in my drawer most of the time. Still was cool to try it out! But when I stopped smoking and got serious with vaping I had to upgrade pretty immediately. Arizer Air Max has a very clean taste and that's nice, but I had some issues: Performance was really spotty, sometimes really good, sometimes really bad. I like higher temps and I almost never get an even roast, the side of the load sitting on the heater gets black. I find loading and reloading kind of annoying. And especially after buying larger glass stems for cooler vapor it kinda looks weird and obvious and I never felt fully comfortable using it in public. Roffu was what I thought to be the answer to that and it's really good, no doubt. Smaller and very discrete. Easier loading, and even dosing capsules available. Good hits! Issues are that the mouthpiece is just a bit too small and gets hot very quickly. Dosage pods are steel and work best in the steel chamber, but at that point it tastes a lot like metal. I hate that it has a zircon mouthpiece and even cooling spiral built in, but for some stupid reason they left a single plastic surface in the airpath of the mouthpiece uncovered... Just a tiny piece of additional zircon or maybe a small redesign and the hot vapor would come in contact with zircon only, such a missed opportunity. Speaking of isolated air path: Both the Air Max and the Roffu act like airpath only matters once the air is hot. For both you are basically pulling the air through the device itself before it even reaches the non-isolated, metal heater. From there on it might be glass only in the case of the Air Max, and mostly zircon for the Roffu. It's worse with the Roffu, because with the Air Max you are basically pulling air through the little slits right next to the heater. With the Roffu you have small air holes on the right side of the device and you can not really tell where the air travels from there. Also I noticed you can cover the holes and while the pull gets more restricted, you can still do it easily, no idea what the airpath actually looks like then. Will be a pita to clean that part of the vape too once it get's blocked! Now it seemed to me that the IQC is the logical next step, completely isolated zircon air path (once you get the old IQ2 zircon wpa/mouthpiece) and zircon dosage capsules, wow. Have just had it for one week and tried it out a single time. The flavor is really out of this world and the best I have ever got from an electrical vaporizer. But I already see some issues with it: It gets too hot, and does not hit really really hard, although it's ok. Air intake is honestly a mystery for me.

And that's very roughly why I am still here looking for new portable vaporizers, that's what vas is I guess! Again those are actually high quality vaporizers, especially the Roffu and the IQC, but I'm still chasing the remaining maybe 10% improvement that's possible. I feel like I have looked at every vaporizer there is and still, none seems to check all the boxes.

That's why I thought I'd just describe what the absolutely perfect vape would look like for me personally. Maybe there is one out there I missed, and if not at least I hope some manufacturers see this list. Anywho, here goes nothing!

The perfect portable vaporizer:
- Powered by replaceable batteries. Preferably 18650s, but if it's 26500 or 21700 or anything like that I would not complain.
- Fully isolated zircon air path, from intake to output. Probably with the exception of ruby balls, but more on that later.
- zircon dosing capsules.
- Easily cleanable, again not only after the heater, but from intake to output! The "Easy Care Airpath" in the Fenix Pro is leading the way here.
- Better heat capacity than anything I got, and/or incredibly powerful heater. Basically should be able to maintain temperature even when taking big fast pulls. I guess going in the direction of ball vapes is the solution here, like seen in the Angus.
- Stealthy enough to be discretely used in public.

And that's that! Bonus points for being affordable. Basically a slightly larger IQC with some balls in there! What are your thoughts? How does your perfect vaporizer look like, or does it maybe already exist?
It sounds like you want a Tinymight 2. I also have an Arizer Air Max which I love (domed stainless steel screens will fix all of the extraction problems with it), but the TM2 separates itself as the best portable device available. It's small, very well-built, and the heater is incredibly powerful. It heats up in about 5 seconds and delivers massive hits with little effort. The batteries die fairly quickly but they're easily replaceable 18650s. It costs $350 but when you're using it that actually seems low, I would have paid more for it.

vapefritz

No doubt a very, very good vaporizer, most people would agree the best one there currently is! Will I buy it? Maybe. Does it check all the boxes from my first post? Nope. Without wanting to go through everything again, it does not have the kind of fully isolated air path I'm talking about, it's again one of those "everything behind heater isolated" kind of isolated, resulting in a metal taste.

I might up buying this one anyways just because it's such a heavy hitter and I don't have a electric portable vaporizer that is a heavy hitter yet! Looks really really cool and I heard only good things about it. It's still not the vaporizer of my dreams as described, sadly!

vapefritz,

Durbandream

No doubt a very, very good vaporizer, most people would agree the best one there currently is! Will I buy it? Maybe. Does it check all the boxes from my first post? Nope. Without wanting to go through everything again, it does not have the kind of fully isolated air path I'm talking about, it's again one of those "everything behind heater isolated" kind of isolated, resulting in a metal taste.

I might up buying this one anyways just because it's such a heavy hitter and I don't have a electric portable vaporizer that is a heavy hitter yet! Looks really really cool and I heard only good things about it. It's still not the vaporizer of my dreams as described, sadly!
There's no metal taste, at least not in my experience. But I can understand wanting a perfectly isolated airpath, I would also want that, ideally.

Yeah, no vape is perfect but nothing that currently exists comes closer than the TM2.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If I saw someone using something like that in public I would definitely look twice!

That is how I feel about literally every vape, if you see someone using it, it is not stealth... Simple enough to clutch the FW9 in your hands like anything else, even a grasshopper looking like a pen still looks weird when someone is inhaling from it lol

Can not imagine it having way better heat capacity than my IQC because I just don't see anything in there that could have that capacity

Huh? Point blank it has better heat capacity, IQ is limited whereas FW has full temp range possible, actually uses more power I believe as well, it is not just pure conduction like IQ, FW9 is hybrid with plenty of convection and conduction present and capable

can't really justify paying probably around 400€ including shipping and taxes when I am not really convinced it checks all my boxes and be the endgame. That said I would not be surprised if I liked it really really much! There's something about those handcrafted wood vaporizers, they are just beautiful.

Yeah, and typically, you get what you pay for, because it is fully handmade, and often better made than the mass produced vapes you are experienced with now... Most people are blown away by the superior vapor quality and believe it is well worth the extra price, the versatile performance effectively

first impression is that slow pull gives me a denser vapor

Yep, that is because IQ is full conduction, if you draw too fast you will overpower the weak heater... Like I said, others are more versatile

Roffu has the better heater, so is able to deliver more heat for longer

Roffu is pretty pure convection though, it has more power as well, to keep up with a draw because inhaling the hot air through the herb is what is creating most of the vapor... The heaters are totally different (IQ is an oven chamber like other pure conduction session devices)

because with everything using metal I'd bet I can taste the metal and get annoyed by it

But you know not all metal is equal right? They are alloys... The ones you have experience with are not pure stainless steel or titanium for example so it is more common for potential sensitivities (I can taste nichrome sometimes and kanthal can have a strong taste too)

would be another "90% perfect" vape for me, if you know what I mean.

Here's the real truth, not sure you will ever find a vape that is above 90% for you (everything is a compromise, but I do think you might get closer to like 95% with an artisan vape like the FW9 actually)

The "problem" in general is air passing by materials that are not taste neutral

Actually if it is cold air this is typically not even remotely an issue, but it does depend what it's passing through, as long as it's not warm electronics or anything that might off gas, it should be fine (wood, and others, would not really off gas at all without enough heat)

The vapor path, as in everything that comes after the heater, is 99% glass and zircon only. There is this small surface that's some kind of heat resistance plastic in there, but honestly I don't think I can taste that

Pretty sure it's silicone that you are tasting, there's some silicone in the mouthpiece too, not just plastic and zirconia, I believe that is the culprit that spoils the taste with the stock setup, much better with direct glass WPA (stock one or from JoDa custom) though still not as pure tasting as other artisan and superior top tier models

But as said I can cover those and still a lot of air gets in, being pulled through god knows what materials inside the device just tastes more and more like metal

This is what I'm saying, these mass-produced, budget-friendly devices have so much variance, you will notice a lot of them have this issue, but it is not in universal, so there could be defects in the build when they are made this way (always possible with anything but yeah more complex build and parts here with potential less quality control, like it's not supposed to do that but air can force its way through cracks easily)

to me it seems pretty obvious that the air is passing by wood before entering the chamber. That's the explicit reason why they went with walnut wood in the later models, because it's less noticeable

That's actually not even true, FW has almost always been made with walnut, some of them have been using exotic on occasion, and also cherry is pretty common... FW9 specifically uses cherry for the oven because it is supposed to be more neutral than walnut even (Marc explained this and even chewed on them for direct taste comparison lol) in fact the walnut in both my FW7 took some time to break in, at first you could taste the fresh cut wood, and that is true of most of my experience with other walnut vapes, but as you use it, after several times, it becomes seasoned and neutralized, completely for most (but some people have extra sensitivities, some woods can be more of a sensitizer, some people could never use wood at all, but it should be fine as just the shell, again cold air is not going to react with the wood, and the pathway is all ceramic and glass with steel screen)

Pretty sure the FW7 was not walnut wood, I guess they mean wood taste, but that's another story.

Yeah you're incorrect, FW7 is Walnut like most of the others

can't see how it would give me what I am looking for

I'm not sure anything will ultimately, but you might have to try everything to know for yourself as many of us have lol

Looking at the Tempest since a while already as well. Looks amazing! But for now the Dani Fusion hits hard enough and taste wise they should be about the same

Not at all, isn't Dani more conduction heavy, more like anvil and dynavap? Tempest is a pure convection baller in that form factor, so it's actually like your Dani combined with your Phase3... (should also mean better taste with the convection)

might up buying this one (TM) anyways just because it's such a heavy hitter and I don't have a electric portable vaporizer that is a heavy hitter yet

Honestly I think the FW fits what you are looking for more than the TM, it is definitely more pure convection on demand, better vapor quality more versatile than Roffu, but it uses the glass stem system which you did not care for when using the Air? FW9 can have more convection present as well, or you can use it to capitalize on the conduction, but it has the ceramic capsules which you could appreciate (all in all it will take some time to adjust to and find a way that it works for you, could be the parts and setup is not your style, but most things you would have to adjust to something new anyway so could be worth trying, taking time just using the new vape, so you can get to know ins and outs, get the most out of it for yourself, as these are more manual vapes and the others you are used to can be more automatic in a sense)

vapefritz

That is how I feel about literally every vape, if you see someone using it, it is not stealth... Simple enough to clutch the FW9 in your hands like anything else, even a grasshopper looking like a pen still looks weird when someone is inhaling from it lol
Imo Roffu is very stealthy because it looks like a e-cigarette basically. For sure there are differences between how noticeable different vapes are.

Huh? Point blank it has better heat capacity, IQ is limited whereas FW has full temp range possible, actually uses more power I believe as well, it is not just pure conduction like IQ, FW9 is hybrid with plenty of convection and conduction present and capable
That's not what heat capacity means. It has a better heater, but not larger heat capacity.
To allow longer pulls with consistent performance you have to increase the heat capacity in air way or make the heater stronger. Fw certainly got a stronger heater, but basically no heat capacity at all. Theoretically you could just have an incredibly strong heater and no thermal mass at all and still allow full inhales without any resistance. But portable vapes are limited by their batteries. I'm pretty sure adding thermal mass, mainly ruby balls, is something we will see more often in heavy hitting portable vapes.

But you know not all metal is equal right? They are alloys... The ones you have experience with are not pure stainless steel or titanium for example so it is more common for potential sensitivities (I can taste nichrome sometimes and kanthal can have a strong taste too)
Really? I thought all metal is equal! You are telling me there are different metals? Get outta here! 😄
Joke aside, of course there are different metals and of course they taste differently. I still have not tried a single vaporizer with metal in the air path where I can't taste the metal. Simple as that. Dynavap, Fusion, Roffu, Arizer, doesn't matter, I taste it. No, it's not silicon, it's metal tasting like metal. I'm not holding my breath that the next one has tasteless metal.

Will not argue with you about what wood is used in what generation, I probably mixed it up. The point is when you switch to a new kind of wood for any part because it's more taste neutral you can really not argue at the same time that the air path is completely isolated and the vapor taste is 100% unadulterated. Pick a lane.

Not at all, isn't Dani more conduction heavy, more like anvil and dynavap? Tempest is a pure convection baller in that form factor, so it's actually like your Dani combined with your Phase3... (should also mean better taste with the convection)
Quoting from the description of BFG website:
Its adjustable airflow and heavy convection bias protect your herb, heating it only when you draw air through the system.
Tempest kicks ass I am sure, massive heat capacity. Just not what I am looking for. Also not really agreeing that convection automatically means better taste, I know many users think it does, but for me it really seems to be the choice of materials mainly. And that's titanium in the case of the Tempest. I don't think it's reasonable to expect much different taste than any other vaporizer having titanium or steel in their vapor path.

I'm really not sure how I got into this situation 😁 It was not my intention to bad mouth any vaporizer. I just realized that no vaporizer in existence checks all the boxes of what I would like to have in a portable vaporizer. That's all. I wanted to list all my criteria and wanted to hear what your perfect vaporizer would look like if you could dream one up. Of course, on the very slim chance there actually was one that checks all my boxes already I would like you to tell me! But really not sure how this turned into trying to sell me more random, although great for sure, vaporizers! I already got enough of those! The tempest feg checks exactly two of those criteria I mentioned, namely great heat capacity and easy to clean... FW9 and TM2 at least check a few more of my boxes! 😅

I don't know guys I apologize if I come across as rude, not my intention at all. I just feel like I fail to get my point across and am somewhat frustrated by that. I'm really not sure how that happened. Yes, the FW9, TM2, Tempest, whatever are all really great vaporizers and everyone agrees on that. That was never the question though. Just wanted some light chat about what your perfect vaporizer would look like and now feel like I have to defend myself on why I won't already buy the $400 FW because you know, it's good actually. 🙄 English is not my first language so it might be lost in translation. Aaaanywho I don't want to insult anyone or anyones taste in vaporizers, you are all awesome! ✌️ Peace out.

Last edited:
vapefritz,
Reactions: Duba

Shit Snacks

still have not tried a single vaporizer with metal in the air path where I can't taste the metal. Simple as that. Dynavap, Fusion, Roffu, Arizer, doesn't matter, I taste it. I'm not holding my breath that the next one has tasteless metal

My point was just that you haven't tried very many, so you are guessing that you don't like all metal and can taste it... I'm not saying that isn't possible, I'm just saying you don't necessarily know for sure?

Fw certainly got a stronger heater, but basically no heat capacity at all

Okay, heater mass, again it's just different when you're talking about different style of vapes... I disagree that the IQ has a strong heater mass just because it's a larger oven chamber being heated, with the pure conduction it doesn't matter really the mass of the heater, heat capacity, because it doesn't even have the power, or the tech to take advantage of it? Looking at the Wiki link did not really change my mind

looks like a e-cigarette basically. For sure there are differences between how noticeable different vapes are

Of course, I just don't think an e-cigarette is stealth either, there are different definitions in stealth etc. Not trying to argue, just conversational discussion, this topic has come up a lot before

The point is when you switch to a new kind of wood for any part because it's more taste neutral you can really not argue at the same time that the air path is completely isolated and the vapor taste is 100% unadulterated. Pick a lane.

I'm saying it is all subjective, by that same token I don't think you can claim it is adulterated, without trying everything you don't know how it affects you personally

Tempest kicks ass I am sure, massive heat capacity. Just not what I am looking for. Also not really agreeing that convection automatically means better taste, I know many users think it does, but for me it really seems to be the choice of materials mainly

Yeah this helped me understand what you meant by heat capacity more, the thermal mass, so of course balls with pure convection... I just don't think that translates to conduction well and yeah I don't know much about Dani fusion but the original seemed just like an amped up Dyna? Don't seem as pure convection as TA tempest to me at least but there is a lot of differing opinions on these (also many different opinions on taste of course it is totally subjective and dependent on the materials and other variables, but specifically with those conduction units, I don't think the flavor is as good because they are constantly cooking for you, whereas convection it is only cooking as you inhale through it, so for me that automatically makes the taste better every time based on my experience with a variety of these different types of units, on demand pure convection leaves no waste for me)

don't think it's reasonable to expect much different taste

It's all reasonable, like I said I'm just trying to share some counterpoints to what you are saying, not necessarily an argument about different personal tastes... Sorry those kind of intentional tones are hard to convey in text especially with a language barrier!

You don't need to defend your favorite vaporizer, it's all fine! It was not my intention to bad mouth any vaporizer

Yeah I'm not trying to defend my favorite, I wouldn't even say it is my favorite, but based on the things you were looking for, it does seem like it should be a frontrunner is all for my perspective having more experience with more devices and researched more than that over many years too

no vaporizer in existence checks all the boxes of what I would like to have in a portable vaporizer

Exactly, and I think that is true for most of us, sacrifice necessary almost always

really not sure how this turned into trying to sell me more random, although great for sure, vaporizers!

Sorry again, I think that is because in the ask FC section, often those are requested, and your title was clear, but then when you went into detailed describing, that invited people to bring in suggestions and comparisons ...

apologize if I come across as rude, not my intention at all. I just feel like I fail to get my point across and am somewhat frustrated by that. I'm really not sure how that happened

I suppose you could have kept your initial post more vague to better match the title here? And make it stick to what you are looking for, but there's no reason to be frustrated, people read things and then infer from them differently, just like how I responded to you and you responded to me, just the nature of discourse in an online forum like this... We are all just trying to get our points across based on our own experience in response to what we are reading here

feel like I have to defend myself on why I won't already buy the $400 FW because you know, it's good actually. 🙄 English is not my first language so it might be lost in translation. Aaaanywho I don't want to insult anyone or anyones taste in vaporizers

Yeah no need to defend your choices! Although it is human nature, I just like to correct things when I see them portrayed differently than I have come to understand them... No insults taken or intended, language barriers so tricky!

If you want to browse through the ask FC section and maybe vaporization discussion section other sections, I'm fairly certain there are a few other threads where people ask this very question: "features people want to see in a ultimate portable vape" so you might find responses that are closer to what you are looking for in those threads, maybe you could reply there and revive them to get the conversation going again if you are not happy with how it is going here??

All good my dude either way
:2c::peace::cheers::spliff:

vapefritz

I disagree that the IQ has a strong heater mass
I phrased that poorly. When I wrote "can not imagine [the FW9] having way better heat capacity than my IQC" I was really just talking about the physical property heat capacity itself. The heater is more powerful for sure.
with the pure conduction it doesn't matter really the mass of the heater, heat capacity
I think it still matters! You can basically cool it down pretty quickly by pulling very strongly. If it had a higher thermal mass or a stronger heater it would certainly improve the performance because it would making it harder to cool it down.
I don't think you can claim it is adulterated
I'm not claiming that, most users of the FW are claiming that.
You don't need to defend your favorite vaporizer, it's all fine!
(my own quote) Damn I deleted that line right after posting because after reading it I felt like it sounded very confrontational in my head! But you were faster 😂 just forget that part.
I suppose you could have kept your initial post more vague to better match the title here? And make it stick to what you are looking for, but there's no reason to be frustrated, people read things and then infer from them differently, just like how I responded to you and you responded to me, just the nature of discourse in an online forum like this... We are all just trying to get our points across based on our own experience in response to what we are reading here
Yeah fully agree with everything. No, there really is no reason to be frustrated, but sometimes one is frustrated without any good logical reason at all. Just typing out how I feel helps. It's written text in a language I'm more or less fluent in but that's still not my native language, misunderstanding are sure to happen.
Although it is human nature, I just like to correct things when I see them portrayed differently than I have come to understand them...
Tbh was asking for it when writing long and highly subjective takes on all kinds of vaporizers... 😅 Could have seen that coming and would have reacted the same way.
If you want to browse through the ask FC section and maybe vaporization discussion section other sections, I'm fairly certain there are a few other threads where people ask this very question
I really suck at using the internal search! Using google I find a few similar ones. But not really one asking exactly what I am asking, namely "what would your dream portable vaporizer look like?". I find stuff like "what will portable vapes look in the future" or "have we reached the endgame of portable vaporizers" but they are all going in a slightly different direction. If there is one that I missed that's really basically the same topic just link it so I can have a look.

OK now that we got this behind us let me ask you directly: What would your perfect portable vaporizer look like? Anything goes as long as it doesn't break the laws of physics. Or is there already a vaporizer that really is 100% perfect in your opinion?

And last but not least, you know what they say: Maybe the real perfect portable vaporizers were the friends we made along the way. 🙂

vapefritz,
Reactions: Nyx Dad

Shit Snacks

Haha yeah, and always limitations

If there is one that I missed that's really basically the same topic just link it so I can have a look

Literally this one! Except price lol

The ones you mentioned were much more recent, but I was thinking of this one and several others like it that are older... But yeah there's just a lot of overlap I don't know maybe there is more on Reddit too

Anyway I don't really know anymore, check out the old tokedvapors design, can't remember what the new name is going to be, but it seems to fit a lot of ideal features if can be done well

Pablo13

I'd still vote for a grasshopper style form factor myself. Purely because I'd happily undergo body searches to get into nightclubs with my "pen" in my pocket and never had an issue in the past. So from that perspective it gets my stealth vote. I think If you stick anything with a battery to your lips, someone is gonna stare. Not everyone knows what all the shapes and sizes nicotine vapes take, infact well versed nictone vapers are the ones that would question it the most I would assume.

Still not legal in my country, or I'd be after something built into a hat, with some glowing neons :p

vapefritz

@Pablo13 Wow somehow this one flew past me. Amazing! If stealth is your number one concern I can't imagine anything better than that from a first impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
vapefritz,
Top Bottom