What will YOU do when China's money is worth more than yours?

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Well, we already have a lot of silver, and we want to get some gold too.

Vicki,

LivingInSpin

I'll just use Obamamoney. I hear he has a stash and he's spreading it around. :p

LOL! I crack me up.

LivingInSpin,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I will cry.

And hope that opium comes back in a big way.

Then I will officially tell Wal-Mart to go and fuck themselves for helping bolster Chinas economy and killing our own. We did this shit to ourselves. :mad:

AGBeer,

OO

Technical Skeptical
AGBeer said:
I will cry.

And hope that opium comes back in a big way.

Then I will officially tell Wal-Mart to go and fuck themselves for helping bolster Chinas economy and killing our own. We did this shit to ourselves. :mad:
i'm finding a contradiction in your statement, because if we have done this to ourselves, then why is wal-mart to blame?

my biggest worry is the huge change in our lifestyles, once china is the one with control of resources, the people of the US will have difficulty affording to do things that most take for granted, let alone an annual trip to the sierras. :(

OO,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
OO said:
i'm finding a contradiction in your statement, because if we have done this to ourselves, then why is wal-mart to blame?

Because of our 'cheaper than thou' lifestyle we continue to support one of the very corporations that is destroying our jobs here in America. I have heard countless times of people chuckling about the 'Made In China' stamp of approval, or 'Its cheap Chinese junk' comments. Yet we still continue to ship our jobs over there because of the fact that its cheaper. Hell, just ask one of our lovely vape manufacturers about this.

Wal-Mart is just the epitome of outsourcing shit and hunting for the lowest and lowest price. Getting our American businesses reliant on their big purchasing power, and then crushing them by not being able to match the lower prices offered by our overseas (soon to be ruler). So yes, Wal Mart is my scapegoat (one of) and people still continue to support their business practices even after they know the deal.

????
(N? t? m? de)
That translates to 'Fuck You' in Mandarin. This is the only phrase I plan to learn.
Damn, I need to vape... (Sorry so bitter)

AGBeer,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
The question for me is a bit puzzling, since I have a different sense of value, and I don't really see China's money as ever being worth more than the US Dollar (in an emotive sense, at least). I don't find being able to fuck up and manipulate world currency just because you have too many citizens very worthy. But if worker productive output on a per capita basis exceeds certain combined 'allied' ecpnomies I'd get worried. And nowhere near there yet.

The US and the rest of the free world has more than enough economic power to crush, subdue or restrain China. If we only had the political will.

On a personal level I wouldn't change anything other than voting patterns and political support.

Tom

tdavie,
Top Bottom