What is wrong with this commercial?

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
LOL.. wtf.. people are really pissed off about this?? hah i cant figure it out.. what are people saying about it?

Buildozer,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I heard some people saying that we are not ready for "this kind of commercial." I can only assume the uproar is about there being an interracial couple in it. I can't see any other reason.

Vicki,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Really??? That never even crossed my mind ... I never would have come up with that in a million years! (I would have been stumped first ...) ... wow ...

To be honest ... I'd have to go back and watch it again to confirm if the 2 people are even of a different race ... I didn't notice that ... I honestly don't know what race each person in the couple was off the top of my head!

Your Highness

Cannasseur
That was a great commercial! Had me cracking up...and wasn't that the point? Bottom line, the world is changing and it's for the better. It's going to get harder and harder to put labels on people (except asshole, prick, etc.)

We seem to have a bunch of those spanned across many races...

djonkoman

never saw this commercial before(I don't live in the US, don't even know if we have cheerios here, never had them anyway), but if I watch it and would have to say what about it could offend people, I weould say it's the claim that something like cheerios is healthy(not just less unhealthy), especially without them providing any evidence/clues why it would be healthy.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i was thinking about it again.. could also be because it's a 'black guy' and 'heart issue' talk??

Buildozer,

JLG

So I'm the only one who played it backwards and heard the satanic message?

ShipDit, you're not funny :rant:
I've just spent 5 hours learning an editing program with no other purpose than to play the video backwards. :goon:

;)

JLG,
Reactions: ShipDit
Top Bottom