What is this?

herbivore21

Ok, so say someone got a bunch of kief from a top UK superskunk strain and combined it with ethanol to make this:

33mx10w.jpg

What would it be called? Has no noticable smell in this state. It is rock hard, like glass. Very hard to break the pieces unless you hit it hard with something sharp as slightly weighty. It vaporizes incredibly well, tastes like the loveliest flowers one has ever tasted and gets one completely out of this world stoned.

So again, what on earth is this?

Herr_Dampf

I am doing my first ever extraction tonight so I can't really help you, but I'd have a question of my own: is this just a weird light reflections or are this parts really red?

Herr_Dampf,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

herbivore21

Herr-Dampf you have mail and it is worth it from what I have heard about this! :D

420 democrat, are you unsure (given the question mark)? Should we get someone else to confirm too? Cheers :)

herbivore21

Nice! It is like nothing I have ever experienced. So this is why the US is so swept up in these kinds of concentrates! Cheers for the kind remarks on my first effort! :)

I have had others in another thread say the same. This is good news! Great success!

Last edited by a moderator:

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
ohhhhh nice and congratz, my ethanol just arrived, planing on doing some kief tonight, could you elaborate on your process pls? :)

Edit: found the QWET thread, off to read that :)

herbivore21

@vakedcow kief is very different from flowers.

All I did is simple, get glass jar, pour 1.5g of kief into jar, pour 60-80ml (filling the jar 5x higher than the kief fills it) of ethanol into jar. Rinse kief and ethanol in jar reasonably well on and off for 15 minutes, or as soon as you see any sign of colour of fluid darkening or especially turning green. If you see any sign of those things, immediately filter out solution and evaporate. I just evap down on a double boiler at a low heat on my stove in a pyrex dish.

It is so easy and has a very high yield considering the amount of product used! :D

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
thanks, almost as I planned but I'm considering frozen solvent, also I had no idea about the 5 times as much liquid, probably would have just covered it.
What I was really wondering about after some mail exchange and seeing the plant matter on a usb microscope was the immersion time, your sentence kind sir, is pure gold of common sense: observe and decide! :science:

I'll double boil in pyrex on water bath and will probably winterize before that as an additonal step :2c:

I was hoping for big yields with less solvent and I'm happy that you confirm that :D

Top Bottom